Talion Talion v4 and typhon v5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends which upgrade ESC you choose. You have to read up on specs and features. It gets meticulous in your research. Not always betters, depend on many factors. I would keep using the existing ESC and learn about what you have first and how they work, and when its time or it craps out , just look for an another 6S or even 8S ESC perhaps. You seem stuck on Firma stuff. They are not the best out there. They are just basic RTR Horizon Hobby stuff. And the "Smart features" seem to have lured you in. Start by reading up on Castle and HW, if you really feel the need to upgrade your ESC. Sometimes just a motor upgrade or larger pinion gear will make all the difference.

Last edited:
Depends which upgrade ESC you choose. You have to read up on specs and features. It gets meticulous in your research. Not always, depend on many factors. I would keep use the existing ESC and learn about what you have first and how they work, and when its time or it craps out , just look for an another 6S or even 8S ESC perhaps. You seem stuck on Firma stuff. They are not the best out there. They are just basic RTR Horizon Hobby stuff. And the "Smart features" seem to have lured you in. Start by reading up on Castle and HW, if you really feel the need to upgrade your ESC.
I just bought all arrma rtr stuff. I’m not really stuck on it just what came in the cars. I’m reading a lot and searching tons because I can never buy something and leave it alone. Always got to make it better. I kinda bought batteries based of hobby shops recommendation. Spektrum stuff is easy for starting out. I learn as I go. I do read tons of stuff on here about the castle and hw stuff. But gets complicated to me I guess because I’m not deep enough into yet. To really understand why castle and hw are actually better.

I just bought all arrma rtr stuff. I’m not really stuck on it just what came in the cars. I’m reading a lot and searching tons because I can never buy something and leave it alone. Always got to make it better. I kinda bought batteries based of hobby shops recommendation. Spektrum stuff is easy for starting out. I learn as I go. I do read tons of stuff on here about the castle and hw stuff. But gets complicated to me I guess because I’m not deep enough into yet. To really understand why castle and hw are actually better.
Focus on driving and having fun bashing for now. It will all come together in time. Yes there can be information overload with this hobby. :LOL:

Sorry if I overloaded you. ?‍♂️
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.:LOL:

Focus on driving and having fun bashing for now. It will all come together in time. Yes there can be information overload with this hobby. :LOL:

Sorry if I overloaded you. ?‍♂️
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.:LOL:
No I appreciate any help I get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back