Talion Talion V4 BMX Aftermath - Teardown and Damage Found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised the ears on the back of the bulkhead tied to the upper steering plate aren't busted after that big lawn dart landing.

You need more light man! :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HX2EVPS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MV5GGKN

Cheap but effective and with LED, it's durable in case you wack it with a wrench or your head. Also, it doesn't make a lot of heat.

I knew that T2T brace they put on was more for show... I had used a solid piece of aluminum round rod, it bent. The square box holds up better.

Surprised the ears on the back of the bulkhead tied to the upper steering plate aren't busted after that big lawn dart landing.

You need more light man! :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HX2EVPS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MV5GGKN

Cheap but effective and with LED, it's durable in case you wack it with a wrench or your head. Also, it doesn't make a lot of heat.

I knew that T2T brace they put on was more for show... I had used a solid piece of aluminum round rod, it bent. The square box holds up better.
I edited out the part where I said at my fancy looking Edison bulb light fixtures look nice but aren't very bright, lol. I wear a headlamp when I wrench and it's better than any table lamp you can buy. I couldn't wear it because of the GoPro.

I edited out the part where I said at my fancy looking Edison bulb light fixtures look nice but aren't very bright, lol. I wear a headlamp when I wrench and it's better than any table lamp you can buy. I couldn't wear it because of the GoPro.
Yeah, I need lights and not on my head. I hate stuff on my head. Took me forever to get used to wearing glasses. lol!

Yeah, I need lights and not on my head. I hate stuff on my head. Took me forever to get used to wearing glasses. lol!

I find stationary lights always cast shadows. I would need like 10 of them!

Very good video. Still impressed it held up with the amount of bashing you did.
Thanks, man. Me too. That lawn dart landing was hellacious. But some say that isn't hard bashing ?

I find stationary lights always cast shadows. I would need like 10 of them!
Yep. They do. That one I linked is handy because it can move around so you can get light right where you need it. In general, a flood lamp over my head and LED light bar on my bench gets most angles. But it seemed when I was cutting or drilling something on my vice, either the part or the drill was always blocking the light. lol!

Nice video as always. With the servo saver, can you squish down the spring with the plastic pieces to get a socket partially on that top hex? If you could get it apart without destroying it you can shim up the spring for better tension if or when needed.

Nice video as always. With the servo saver, can you squish down the spring with the plastic pieces to get a socket partially on that top hex? If you could get it apart without destroying it you can shim up the spring for better tension if or when needed.
Thank you. Yes, that might be an option. Thankfully mine is fine as is. I don't plan on running different tires so I should be good for the time being.

I wonder if those plastic ends could be removed from the aluminum rod. if so it could be changed out for a carbon fiber tube. lots of different sizes on Amazon. It would flex but not permanently bend and still give some support to the bulkheads and chassis.

Quick- clean up all that mess before your wife gets home!!

Brave man doing that in the kitchen. :)

Quick- clean up all that mess before your wife gets home!!

Brave man doing that in the kitchen. :)
I'm not married, lol ? But yeah. Everything is gone by the time my girlfriend shows up on the weekends!

While a couple of my friends were over this past weekend, taking care of my 2 critters, while I was in the hospital with a TIA, they were laughing at my tire burn out marks on my kitchen floor. I've been single since 92:)

Attachments

• burnouts.jpg
    burnouts.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 38
While a couple of my friends were over this past weekend, taking care of my 2 critters, while I was in the hospital with a TIA, they were laughing at my tire burn out marks on my kitchen floor. I've been single since 92:)
You all right Cooter? You make it sound like a TIA is no big deal. Is that like a mini stroke, or am I getting my abbreviations mixed up?

Yup, I'm OK, and yup, a mini stroke. Freeked me out for sure! Going to see my primary care Dr at the VA tomorrow to discuss things. They did all the usual tests, but I couldn't get through the MRI, claustrophobia and all. Gettin old is a female dog. BUT,. I'm still kickin and havin fun! Rode one of my 6 motorcycles to the Diner this morning for breakfast.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back