Talion V4 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan A

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Gpm front, upper, and rear suspension mounts, front and rear chasis braces
Savox 1210sg servo
Hot racing servo mount, servo arm, t2t brace mounts, front and rear hubs,both gear boxes and wing mount
Rpm front bumper, all arms, rod ends and rear mud gaurds
Yeah racing duel fan heatsink
Tbone racing rear bumper
M2C chasis, front rear shock towers, suspension pins, upper arm retainers
Backflip lp tires
Arrma metal center diff cup, outcast wheelie bar
Hobbywing max6 1650kv combo
Tekno 20t pinion, and orange springs
60k rear, 500k center, 80k front
100 weight front shocks, 90 weight rear
Radiolink rc4gs radio. NTF fans these fans are fantastic.

Attachments

• 15895040697828958086597183260193.jpg
    15895040697828958086597183260193.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 15950899621691880348964856359681.jpg
    15950899621691880348964856359681.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
How does the max6 combo work with the 20 tooth ? Temps stay somewhat cool? Would it pair well with the stock katar tires?

Can't tell what you will be using it for but for bashing, in my opinion, don't add the Max6 combo to the Talion. Adds too much weight and that is the fun part on the Talion i.e. agility. Good choice for a Kraton imho.
Shocks are significantly too low with those weights and springs, stock is better.
Talion is real fun with stock stuff, add a 20T pinion and get the speed itch scratched. You will burn through a set of tires in 2-3 packs and it's worth doing but not a long term bashing solution. Yes, fans are mandatory or buy a spare motor as you will burn it up. For speed above 70 get a different RC.
Talion is one of my favorites, done the speed thing as well but that is not what it's made for. Keep it light!

Building my talion up too. Started as a V3 kraton. Still waiting on a few pieces... Although the max 6 is a great power plant... I found it too much for the kraton so it’s gonna go in my limitless. I found the max8 had plenty of suds for my liking in the kraton platform. I will most likely be putting a max8 in my talion build too. Matched up with about a 1650kv motor.. I might also put the max8 combo in it with the 2200kv. Haven’t decided yet.

Can't tell what you will be using it for but for bashing, in my opinion, don't add the Max6 combo to the Talion. Adds too much weight and that is the fun part on the Talion i.e. agility. Good choice for a Kraton imho.
Shocks are significantly too low with those weights and springs, stock is better.
Talion is real fun with stock stuff, add a 20T pinion and get the speed itch scratched. You will burn through a set of tires in 2-3 packs and it's worth doing but not a long term bashing solution. Yes, fans are mandatory or buy a spare motor as you will burn it up. For speed above 70 get a different RC.
Talion is one of my favorites, done the speed thing as well but that is not what it's made for. Keep it light!

since the max6 would be a little heavy, what would you recommend for a motor and esc? Asking for a future upgrade for my talion.

How does the max6 combo work with the 20 tooth ? Temps stay somewhat cool? Would it pair well with the stock katar tires?
don't know about stock tires with it the Lps are working good with it. 20t gets a hot lil quick for me 5 min or so of hard jumping. Thinking 17 or 18 will be perfect.

Honestly, stock ESC and motor are almost perfect for Talion. You can spend more money on a Max8 ESC but it will only give a couple more options to program but not gain much. Only plus would be higher BEC voltage for a servo which reall isn't needed for the Talion.
I added fans to deal with the heat issues. I keep it on 15T on grass and I'm happy.
For speed, I changed to GRP tires etc and went to 24/46 and made it to 74 ish but for fun only and simply don't have the space to run.
On stock w 20T pinion you will go through a set of Katars in 2 batteries through simple wear and tear. $50 for tires per bash isn't fun.

Honestly, stock ESC and motor are almost perfect for Talion. You can spend more money on a Max8 ESC but it will only give a couple more options to program but not gain much. Only plus would be higher BEC voltage for a servo which reall isn't needed for the Talion.
I added fans to deal with the heat issues. I keep it on 15T on grass and I'm happy.
For speed, I changed to GRP tires etc and went to 24/46 and made it to 74 ish but for fun only and simply don't have the space to run.
On stock w 20T pinion you will go through a set of Katars in 2 batteries through simple wear and tear. $50 for tires per bash isn't fun.
I agree, probably won’t get much more power out of a max8. But I do find the programming options of it quite nice. Just the braking alone is worth it to get the HW. This is just my opinion of course.

Savox 1210sg servo
Hot racing servo mount, servo arm, t2t brace mounts, front and rear hubs,both gear boxes and wing mount
Tbone racing rear bumper
Backflip lp tires
Radiolink rc4gs radio.
Updated 18t pinion is perfect great speed temps 160 motor 145 esc after one pack

Temps are motor 185 esc 170 in dirt. On road 160 motor 150 esc
Savox 1210sg servo
Tbone racing rear bumper
Backflip lp tires
Radiolink rc4gs radio.
Added fast eddys ceramic bearing whole car this week. What a difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back