Talion Talion v4 shock position on tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Just received my talion v4, man this things a work of art. Gotta wait on batteries to come in the mail though:(. Was wondering what hole to put the shock on for the shock tower. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each hole?

inner hole for more stability, good for high speed runs
outer hole for turns, like if you're running on a race track

inner rear + outer front (which Is the stock setting) is a good middle ground

I’ll keep it as is then. I’m also keeping shock collars as is for now. For droop screws, I tuned the back tonight and is it right if you have to compress the shock a few mm in order for it to go onto the shock standoff? There’s little to no sag currently, is that what you want?

Droop screws have huge effect so you want to do it right, remove the wheels and raise the car on a level platform with the hexes in the air.
Start with the rear, set the max droop by loosening the droop screws until the hexes stop moving down, measure their height with a ruler, now tighten the droop screws so the hexes raise 5mm, remember that height (lets say it's 35mm above the table)
Now at the front, set the droop so the hexes are also 35mm, this is neutral setting (same droop front/rear). if you remove droop from the front (let say you set it to 40mm above the table) you'll get more steering, adding droop to the front (30mm for example) will remove steering.

About sag, it's not what you want, you want 20%-35% of sag. but you said you don't have your batteries yet, sag can only measured with the car at "driving weight", so with batteries and all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back