Talion v4 Track Basher Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr3pitus

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
My goal for this build is to make the Talion (which I loved even stock) match perfectly to the way I like to drive and the locations I tend to visit the most frequently. Specifically - I want very smooth power, potential for high demand bursts, low temps, acceptable balance of weight and durability. I mostly bash at the local track, and at the bmx park that's literally a 40 second walk from the RC track.

Suspension/Tires:
Front - stock v4 springs 3/4 preload 2200cst
Edit: Decided to swap in the stock rear springs to the front with "one turn preload" (in parenthesis because putting on over long springs is preload automatically), still 2200cst oil. Seems to keep the front up better for jumps but still has small bump compliance.
Rear - v4 Kraton rear springs no preload 2200cst
Sway bars removed f/r
Proline Badlands or Katars depending on dirt conditions

Drivetrain/Steering:
Differential Fluids 30k/200k/20k f/c/r
Center diff hot racing diff cup
All bearings replaced with rubber sealed
Protek Black Label 370tbl servo 650oz @7.4v
Futaba r304sb receiver
Edit:forgot hot racing Axle carriers f/r

Chassis:
Hot Racing chassis braces f/r with Arrma 12.9 hardness screws
M2C Racing goliath Talion chassis
M2C racing hinge pins f/r
M2C racing droop screws
Rpm bumper and skid f/r
Modified v4 t2t brace (purposefully shortened to be exactly the same eye to eye as the brace mounting points as opposed to stock brace length which at least for me was about 3mm longer and placed constant pressure against front turn up / flat rear of chassis)

Power:
HobbyWing Max6 ESC (CAN SOMEONE ENGINEER ME A FAN FROM SCRATCH THAT WILL ACTUALLY SURVIVE A DECENT JUMP)
HobbyWing 1650kv 4985sl motor
Tekno 18, 19, or 20t pinion depending on how fast and hot i wanna go.

IMG_20191019_224916.jpg
IMG_20191019_224931.jpg
IMG_20191019_225000.jpg
IMG_20191019_225008.jpg
IMG_20191019_225020.jpg
Screenshot_20191020-001840.png

Last edited:
Have you had any issues with the M3 bolt on the front chassis brace?
Indeed, before putting on the m2c chassis I would find that bolt bent fairly significantly after every run. Never broke though luckily. That's what motivated me to find some arrma 12.9 screws for the other parts of the braces. The hot racing screws were all 10.9. I'll probably drill and tap for a bigger screw there, longer ones all around as well and try to fit a lock nut so I'm not relying on loctite.

Nice build for sure! I bet that thing runs like it’s shot out of a cannon.
Thanks! Its definitely a lot of fun. The on demand power is great. Only thing left I really want to add are the CRCU hinge pin holders and maybe the JBIRC tall servo mount. Stock is holding up fine right now but with 650oz torque I would feel better with the one piece machined mount.

Thanks! Its definitely a lot of fun. The on demand power is great. Only thing left I really want to add are the CRCU hinge pin holders and maybe the JBIRC tall servo mount. Stock is holding up fine right now but with 650oz torque I would feel better with the one piece machined mount.
Armorwerks makes a single piece aluminum servo mount for $25

Is that one taller than the stock mount too?
I don’t think so. I swapped servos at the same time, but I didn’t need any shims or adjustments. It dropped right in, no issues.

GKA for a one piece tall servo mount...??
Indeed - the two things I have left to do is a servo mount and hinge pin holders. This v4 servo mount is definitely better than they used to be and IMO fine for servos under about 350oz but I definitely could use a stiffer piece.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back