Talion v5 EXB suspension S.O.S!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handzace

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Infraction 4x4
Hello arrma/rc fam ! So here’s my situation…project SPEED TALION the “REAPER”😜 so I have a v5 talion exb and am building it for the street for speed .Im transferring over to carbon fiber chassis for the speed talion and gonna make a a dirt/off road basher on the original chassis with the left over parts and a Jenny’s cart 🛒 of whatever else I’ll need to complete it but here’s question what’s the best suspension setup for all out speed ..shocks/springs/oil weight/position etc …when I get on the trigger it’s just sloppy ,horrible traction ,wheel hop,traction loss and that’s with stock esc and motor and I have a max 6 and TP motor going in the build so I can only imagine how much worse it will be with more power …I’m running SRC VHT tires ……and no matter what tires or how I adjust the suspension it’s just sloppy at high speed ..I’m getting 74mph out of the stock setup with the 27 tooth pinion rn …

820C87F6-20F7-45C7-8CE5-A2173E5E6F88.jpeg

B07FEE12-34EC-400C-988A-A0E6D2448573.jpeg

A6F58245-2E8C-40EF-9BF9-EA89574FF784.jpeg

3B5FAD93-B595-4821-A92F-C6DBB83BBB6F.png

0886531C-991F-413F-BEC1-6F641589E733.jpeg

F02094B8-7341-44E2-B7A8-67B540C5526A.jpeg

F0CC35C4-6185-4CD7-8F94-5BA1F1631CDB.jpeg

I run the Sweeps Terrain crushers, similar to yours. Just that the wheels def are fragile and will hair line crack here and there from small pot holes and pavement divits. Be mindful of that. Check them very closely and use CA on these tires and for any hairline cracks. These wheels are $$$. I know. I buy Sweeps from the US distributor here, being only a few miles away as it turns out. He lets me buy them direct in person. But they won't balloon at all. I mounted a Cam on mine and these belted tires are great, never balloon at the 70mph+ that I drive them. But they are large. Make sure to balance them with Non hardening hobby Clay for serious speeds. I always wipe them down with 100% Simple Green, makes them sticky and needed for colder climates. Many get better speed passes with smaller belted tires and appropriate gearing. I would definitely lower the Punch setting all the way. May solve your problem there. I do this with all my speed runners. All speed runners do this. Will also prevent ESC amp cutting if that is a problem also. Make sure the chassis is well slammed as best you can. Need very smooth pavement spots. Center Diff needs to have very thick oil. 500k -1mil CST or a mix of both works. Front diff should have slightly thicker oil than the rear. For better directional stabiity. Very important if you have not done so already. Helps you reach much faster speeds. Good luck. Very nice Tally there. (y)
:cool:

Edited.

Last edited:
I run the Sweeps Terrain crushers, similar to yours. Just that the wheels def are fragile and will hair line crack here and there from small pot holes and pavement divits. Be mindful of that. Check them very closely and use CA on these tires and for any hairline cracks. These wheels are $$$. I know. I buy Sweeps from the US distributor here, being only a few miles away as it turns out. He lets me buy them direct in person. But they won't balloon at all. I mounted a Cam on mine and these belted tires are great, never balloon at the 70mph+ that I drive them. But they are large. Make sure to balance them with Non hardening hobby Clay for serious speeds. I always wipe them down with 100% Simple Green, makes them sticky and needed for colder climates. Many get better speed passes with smaller belted tires and appropriate gearing. I would definitely lower the Punch setting all the way. May solve your problem there. I do this with all my speed runners. All speed runners do this. Will also prevent ESC amp cutting if that is a problem also. Make sure the chassis is well slammed as best you can. Need very smooth pavement spots. Center Diff needs to have very thick oil. 500k -1mil CST or a mix of both works. Front diff should have slightly thicker oil than the rear. For better directional stabiity. Very important if you have not done so already. Helps you reach much faster speeds. Good luck. Very nice Tally there. (y)
:cool:

Edited.
Thanx brother …I actually do and k ow 90% of that but I didn’t know how fragile and I use a hardening putty for balancing ..I always simple green my rubber tires before a run but didn’t k ow to look out for hair line cracks in the tire I use 1m and a lil this lil that for a nice thick center but I have my punch on 3 so I’ll def take your advice and make some changes starting with a little thicker front diff than I’m running to give more of a pull …great advice brother just think I can do bettter with wheel/steering geometry and suspension also …I’ll post pics of the final build and when I get it figured out I’m hoping to get 100mph for now that’s my goal with this rig than I’ll gear up from there see how far I can push it step bye step ..thank you for the reply

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back