Talion vs Kraton (chassis plate only)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
I just swapped my Outcast to a LWB... I used a Talion chassis and I was able to use the Outcast front driveshaft in the rear of the new setup... Everyone keeps saying you need a new rear shaft for the Outcast on a Kraton chassis...... Is the motor location diff in Talion vs Kraton??

idk the exact answer but I now talion and kraton chassis are different. they're the same wheelbase but chassis have different bolt patterns and it may be that the motor sits further back on the talion

I just swapped my Outcast to a LWB... I used a Talion chassis and I was able to use the Outcast front driveshaft in the rear of the new setup... Everyone keeps saying you need a new rear shaft for the Outcast on a Kraton chassis...... Is the motor location diff in Talion vs Kraton??

On the V2 Kraton/Talion they were the same. On the V3, they are different. The center diff & motor are moved back on the Talion & the servo is rotated 90 degrees.

ok gotcha......I went to the hobby shop and asked for a KRaton chassis....Im acually glad he gave me a Talion by mistake.....I like the servo position better and I like a more even shaft spread... this pic is with the outcast shaft in rear... ignorance was bliss this time...lol

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 169
The talion is a true Truggy, kraton is more monster truck. Chassis is more balanced and towers are lower for better center of gravity

im referring to just the chassis and the holes that the motor and servo go into

I wanted a Truggy but the LHS salesman sold me the kraton, I wanted a truggy. I crossed all the numbers in my Manuel and yes they are different as with the towers. I would like to convert my V3 to the talion v3

ok gotcha......I went to the hobby shop and asked for a KRaton chassis....Im acually glad he gave me a Talion by mistake.....I like the servo position better and I like a more even shaft spread... this pic is with the outcast shaft in rear... ignorance was bliss this time...lol
I agree about the servo position and shaft spread. I'm considering doing the same...Notorious to V3 Talion chassis. So I assume a longer front drive shaft is needed? Which did you use?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back