Talion Talion will not steer...need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Talion
I am reposting info from my original post in a different thread, as I am still struggling to get my Talion back on the road. When powered on I get throttle power but almost no steering. The wheels have full articulation when turned manually with no binding. I replaced the servo, receiver, adjusted the servo saver, and made sure all connection are tight but still no improvement. When I disconnect the servo horn I get very little movement of the servo gear. It turns one direction (not full) but not the other direction. With the power on I get twitching back and forth when I rotate the radio wheel. I don’t see any binding or anything locked up. Everything seems to move smoothly by hand. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am reposting info from my original post in a different thread, as I am still struggling to get my Talion back on the road. When powered on I get throttle power but almost no steering. The wheels have full articulation when turned manually with no binding. I replaced the servo, receiver, adjusted the servo saver, and made sure all connection are tight but still no improvement. When I disconnect the servo horn I get very little movement of the servo gear. It turns one direction (not full) but not the other direction. With the power on I get twitching back and forth when I rotate the radio wheel. I don’t see any binding or anything locked up. Everything seems to move smoothly by hand. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Did you go through the recalibration process?

1595732324680.png

It's the radio, if you went through everything else already. Steering D/R and endpoints are things that affect throw. Checked those?

I’m using a DX2E. Tried rebinding an STX2 and SRX200 but couldn’t get them to pair.

In regards to setting end points, how do I set them if the servo doesn’t move them to the end location?

So you tried setting, but the servo doesn't listen? Weird.
It could be the BEC in the ESC not giving clean power, but thottle channel would probably suffer too in that case.

OK, stick the servo in ch3 and try controlling it with the switch.

Oh. I think I saw a version with a 3 pos switch on top. Mine was 2ch too but one of the first versions.

In that case, swap ST and THR channels, I'd disconnect the motor first so the RC doesn't go flying. You should now be able to steer with the throttle trigger.

A video would help too. But it definitely sounds like the problem is in the electronics.

You might want to post this in the general electronics thread since it has nothing to do with the Talion itself.
As mentioned, show a video (post via Youtube)

Just a thought you may need a glitch buster capacitor. when I burned up my servo on my granite blx I put a 23kg in it and had similar issue. Installed a cap and problem is gone. I also replaced the stx2 with a dumborc x6fg.

This is most likely an end point or dual rate issue. Also, if this is an AVC equipped radio, try turning it off following the manual's instructions. If the steering turns freely with full throw when powered off and you've tried another servo, the problem lies with the TX

Thanks everyone. I was able to get my Talion functional again...at least for a short time. I switched to a stock setup, STX2 radio and SRX200 receiver. Not desirable, I know. However, now it only runs for 1 to 2 minutes and stops. The motor and electronics are on but nothing moves, unless I turn it off then back on. Is there some kind of overload switch or sensor I am tripping? Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. I was able to get my Talion functional again...at least for a short time. I switched to a stock setup, STX2 radio and SRX200 receiver. Not desirable, I know. However, now it only runs for 1 to 2 minutes and stops. The motor and electronics are on but nothing moves, unless I turn it off then back on. Is there some kind of overload switch or sensor I am tripping? Thanks again.
When this happens, are you getting any LEDs on the ESC?

Yes, when the motor stops the LED flashes red.
I checked the hub nuts and they seem ok.Although I’m not sure has tight is too tight. Also I may be getting a grinding sound. I will post a video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back