Talion with 40 series trenchers. Do I need Kraton spiral diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K29er

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
The 40 series trenchers are 6.8 inches tall. The Kraton has spiral differential gears I asume are stronger than the straight cut one the Talion comes with. Should I change them or run smaller tires?

I thought the kraton/talion had the same diffs? And the senton/typhon had spiral cut

Also, I ran the 40 series trenchers without problems on my Talion.I actually miss them, wish I never sold them.

IMAG0100.jpg

Good to hear you had no problems. I learned a long time ago to keep wheel track the same as stock for good handling so there are limited choices for Mt tires with 0 offset. I was also happy to see they didn't rub the body anywhere. Now I need to wait till warmer weather to see if it needs a lower pinion.

The only major functional differences between the kraton/talion are the slightly longer hexes and axles for a slightly wider stance in the kraton. So wheels with an offset won't make it handle much different then a kraton. The height of the 40series trenchers actually reduce handling a bit(it will want to roll more) compared to some of the lower profile mt tires but I still love em.

Even the 1/2 inch offset of the premounted badlands was a noticeable decrease in handling to me. I lowered the ride height back to almost stock so handling is like a regular truggy. It makes the stock springs more than long enough. Lower ride height also allows the droop screws to be set so the shocks don't over extend in a crash destroying there ends. Regular truggy handling with tires tall enough to roll over almost anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back