Talion talion with max 8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny504

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
does the max 8 fit ok in a talion? what did yall do to mount the thing? my mojave i drilled the chassis than velcro and zip tied it and it worked great..thinking i might get a little better performance than the stock blx system..what are yalls thoughts? thanks in advance and have a great day!! :cool: :coffee:

does the max 8 fit ok in a talion? what did yall do to mount the thing? my mojave i drilled the chassis than velcro and zip tied it and it worked great..thinking i might get a little better performance than the stock blx system..what are yalls thoughts? thanks in advance and have a great day!! :cool: :coffee:
Max8 will be a slight upgrade over the stock ESC. If all you want is a slight upgrade with more tuning options, the Max8 will fit that. If you want a major upgrade with the ability to run 8S, you want the Max6. Both can be screwed down from the bottom. You will need to drill the holes to accommodate this thru the stock radio/ESC plate

Never tried Max8 but I doubt you will see a noticeable change in performance. If your stock stuff is broken I'd go with Max8 to get equal performance or just replace with stock. Realistically, in a Max8 you get more settings in the ESC that you will probably never use.

I find the Talion, with added motor fans, to be close to ideal on stock with higher pinion(17-18T). For noticeable performance boost go Max6 but you are adding weight and speed wise will be the same, above you will just blow out tires.

I run the max6 in all of my 6s rigs. On the talion I have a max6 with the hobbystar 4092 1730kv geared 24/46. I had to put tekno orange springs on to hold the chassis up with the added weight. I run the 4s outcast tires on mine and they do balloon but I don't stay at full throttle for long since it's running 60 or more miles an hour wide open in the gravel. I was doing a speed test to see but it went into a wheelie and ended up drifting off the road and destroyed my gps speedo before I got to see what it said. I hit 62 with my k6 with the same gearing but the 1480kv motor and the bigger 6s outcast tires.

I run the max6 in all of my 6s rigs. On the talion I have a max6 with the hobbystar 4092 1730kv geared 24/46. I had to put tekno orange springs on to hold the chassis up with the added weight. I run the 4s outcast tires on mine and they do balloon but I don't stay at full throttle for long since it's running 60 or more miles an hour wide open in the gravel. I was doing a speed test to see but it went into a wheelie and ended up drifting off the road and destroyed my gps speedo before I got to see what it said. I hit 62 with my k6 with the same gearing but the 1480kv motor and the bigger 6s outcast tires.
You must have an older Talion, the newer (since V3?) springs are stiffer than Tekno Orange.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-spring-list-chart-for-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/

Looking at the max6 and hobbystar 1730 combo to go into Mojave...does the motor/esc run hot with that combo.

Looking at the max6 and hobbystar 1730 combo to go into Mojave...does the motor/esc run hot with that combo.
I ran the yeah racing dual fans on mine and they were fine on temps. I've made up some 40x28 fans for them now so they stay even cooler. you'd be fine with the yeah racing dual fan setup.

Depends on gearing/ Motor will run cooler but if you gear up you will need a fan as well.
My Max6 ESC always went into thermal shutdown during summer, needs a fan upgrade. Ok during colder days i.e. below ~75F.

Depends on gearing/ Motor will run cooler but if you gear up you will need a fan as well.
My Max6 ESC always went into thermal shutdown during summer, needs a fan upgrade. Ok during colder days i.e. below ~75F.
I haven't thermaled one yet, but have had pretty good luck with the stock fan. I did swap a couple over to the 40x28's with the wfo mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back