Talion Talion XL "Predator"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I went a bit further today and did a cool mod. I added the 8s outcast wing and the red 3drc wing mount. Looks sick!! shoutout to @StephenSchandelmayer for showing me an easy way to mount 8s wings. Too bad I keep forgetting to install the wheelie bar :eek::ROFLMAO:

This thing really is big boy status. Tbh it almost reminds me of a nimbler kraton 8s. I guess like a 1/6th or 1/7th scale Talion maybe. I'm going to try 8s on it tomorrow if it doesn't rain all day. I took pics of the wing and added the wifey typhon so you can get a real idea for how big it is.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Sup fam! Early birthday build. :ROFLMAO: Decided to build a Talion XL after seeing some cool ones on IG. I actually just finished putting everything together earlier today. First time building a rig from the ground up and it took me all damn day :eek::ROFLMAO:. Ok enough talking, lets get to the good stuff!

Mojave M2C chassis
Talion Bellcrank
Kraton Hubs/Axles/Arms/front shocks (talion shocks in the mail)
Alu front and rear center braces
Talion EXB bumper/shock towers/rear shocks
EXB F/C/R LSD diffs
Metal Gearboxes from aliexpress (HR?)
justbashit +20mm extensions
PPS motor mount - I got the full combo but it's still in the mail. Used a new pps mount I had tucked away for another build. Going to add the diff mount and cover soon as it gets here Friday.

TP 4070 1700kv 26/50
MMX8s

I have a clear body I'm painting for it too. The purple body is from my OG talion.

View attachment 226470
View attachment 226471
View attachment 226472
View attachment 226473

I'm totally cleaning my table soon :eek::eek::ROFLMAO::cry:
LoL 😂 all dam day it takes me weeks to get things together then months to redesign it 6 times to end up back to what I started with, then we’ll I’m not sure cause I haven’t finished a project yet🤦🏻‍♂️

Soooo today I took out the tp 4070 1700kv and swapped in the TP 5660 1460kv. Holy poop balls that thing is a monster. I originally had the coke can tp motor in my Fireteam, but I thought I'd try to switch things around and see how it goes. Fireteam is heavy AF so I thought maybe I'd take out the heavy coke can motor and put in the castle 1717 from my mojave. Going to put the tp 4070 from the talion XL into the mojave.

Basically, swapping around 3 motors. Let me just say that I definitely like the TP 5660 in my Talion XL more than I liked it in my Fireteam. It's pretty damn awesome and that thing almost zips around as fast as my OG talion. I can't even imagine running it on 8s. Motor is so damn big it wouldn't even fit the pps mount with the roll cage thingie. I had to add spacers to lift the pps roll cage enough to clear the motor and get a gear mesh :ROFLMAO:. For comparison, this is the same size motor thats in my outcast 8s :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO: :love:

I tried it on 6s with 30/50 gearing. 1460kv + 171mm MethodRC MT belted tires and I should be doing 85 mph. I didn't GPS it but it definitely felt like it could do 85 mph and the motor stayed stupid cool. I need to add the c clips to the servo saver but after that this thing is going to be perfect imo. I still haven't gotten to jump it yet but SOON I hope.

20220801_012720.jpg

20220801_013027.jpg

He a fatty but he will smoke any unsuspecting fools on the road!

Short of the rig before I changed to the big coke can motor.

How’s your steering with the JBI extenders? I took mine off, it steers better…..although I dig the wide footprint.

cheers,
kev

How’s your steering with the JBI extenders? I took mine off, it steers better…..although I dig the wide footprint.

cheers,
kev
Honestly, it turns WIDE. I also feel like I'm not getting the full power of my servo so I was planning on doing the servo saver c clip mode today to see If I can improve it a bit. I do kind of wish I would have got slightly smaller extensions though. 12mm would have been a a nice number instead of the 20mm I got haha.

I still get the width of the Kraton6 though with the front and rear k6 hubs. I did the same (adding the k6 F/R hubs) to the Fireteam as well…..it’s working great.

I still get the width of the Kraton6 though with the front and rear k6 hubs. I did the same (adding the k6 F/R hubs) to the Fireteam as well…..it’s working great.
I did the c clip mod today to the servero saver spring and it made such a big difference. My turning improved drastically. I have zero complaints now and seriously love this truck lol. I'm still terrified its going to crash and burn when I jump with it cause of the weight but hopefully it holds up.

I really need to make it to the park.

I did the c clip mod today to the servero saver spring and it made such a big difference. My turning improved drastically. I have zero complaints now and seriously love this truck lol. I'm still terrified its going to crash and burn when I jump with it cause of the weight but hopefully it holds up.

I really need to make it to the park.
Do you have a video on how to do this? I’ve been searching the forum and can see people mention it but not how to do it.

Do you have a video on how to do this? I’ve been searching the forum and can see people mention it but not how to do it.
There is a video on YouTube that I watched for an idea on what to do. I wish I remembered the link. I'll try and look for it.

I actually used the same c clips he used too. Pretty sure they're listed in the description. Btw it says v4 but it works just the same for the EXB or any current arrma 6s rig.

I actually used the same c clips he used too. Pretty sure they're listed in the description. Btw it says v4 but it works just the same for the EXB or any current arrma 6s rig.
Thank you very much. I started to tear it apart tonight and found my Ackerman plate was very loose. Added some bearings instead of those yellow plastic / metal whatever you call them washers. Now just waiting on the c clips to come in. Thank you again.

Honestly, it turns WIDE. I also feel like I'm not getting the full power of my servo so I was planning on doing the servo saver c clip mode today to see If I can improve it a bit. I do kind of wish I would have got slightly smaller extensions though. 12mm would have been a a nice number instead of the 20mm I got haha.

anyone not doing the snap ring mod to there Arrma 6s servo savers is missing a lot of steering performance! I used to think it was weak serve’s or needing to replace the bushings with bearings, but 2-3 rings snapped into place will unlock your rigs turning potential!
sp, no one is asking how you like those method belted short coarse tires? I bought a set of that size, the street tires and the 1/8th MT, but have only just gotten around to glueing the and haven't done more then a backyard run with my Typhon with Mohave arm hybrid, which I didn’t really put through paces well Enough.

Can anyone confirm the snap ring size they used for this mod - I've ssen some vids saying 9/16" (about 14mm) and one saying 11mm??

Can anyone confirm the snap ring size they used for this mod - I've ssen some vids saying 9/16" (about 14mm) and one saying 11mm??
NEIKO 50458A Snap Ring Shop Assortment | 300 Piece Retaining Ring Set | 18 Sizes (1/8" - 1-1/4") | Heat-Treated Hardened Steel | Secure Parts on Grooved Shafts, Pins, Studs, etc. https://a.co/d/cGIV74p

I bought this pack and if you look at pic it's either top row 2nd from your right or 3rd from your right. I can't remember exactly but it's one of the two

NEIKO 50458A Snap Ring Shop Assortment | 300 Piece Retaining Ring Set | 18 Sizes (1/8" - 1-1/4") | Heat-Treated Hardened Steel | Secure Parts on Grooved Shafts, Pins, Studs, etc. https://a.co/d/cGIV74p

I bought this pack and if you look at pic it's either top row 2nd from your right or 3rd from your right. I can't remember exactly but it's one of the two
Cheers for the reply - I've ordered a similar multi pack so I'll see what fits best.

Just tried the circlip fix - thought I was being clever by using stainless steel ones but I can't get them on without deforming them - just a warning, steel ones are obviously more 'springy' !! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back