Talion Talion XL "Predator"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Sup fam! Early birthday build. :ROFLMAO: Decided to build a Talion XL after seeing some cool ones on IG. I actually just finished putting everything together earlier today. First time building a rig from the ground up and it took me all damn day :eek::ROFLMAO:. Ok enough talking, lets get to the good stuff!

Mojave M2C chassis
Talion Bellcrank
Kraton Hubs/Axles/Arms/front shocks (talion shocks in the mail)
Alu front and rear center braces
Talion EXB bumper/shock towers/rear shocks
EXB F/C/R LSD diffs
Metal Gearboxes from aliexpress (HR?)
justbashit +20mm extensions
PPS motor mount - I got the full combo but it's still in the mail. Used a new pps mount I had tucked away for another build. Going to add the diff mount and cover soon as it gets here Friday.

TP 4070 1700kv 26/50
MMX8s

I have a clear body I'm painting for it too. The purple body is from my OG talion.

image003.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image008.jpg

I'm totally cleaning my table soon :eek::eek::ROFLMAO::cry:

Last edited:
Sup fam! Early birthday build. :ROFLMAO: Decided to build a Talion XL after seeing some cool ones on IG. I actually just finished putting everything together earlier today. First time building a rig from the ground up and it took me all damn day :eek::ROFLMAO:. Ok enough talking, lets get to the good stuff!

Mojave M2C chassis
Talion Bellcrank
Kraton Hubs/Axles/Arms/front shocks (talion shocks in the mail)
Alu front and rear center braces
Talion EXB bumper/shock towers/rear shocks
EXB F/C/R LSD diffs
Metal Gearboxes from aliexpress (HR?)
justbashit +20mm extensions
PPS motor mount - I got the full combo but it's still in the mail. Used a new pps mount I had tucked away for another build. Going to add the diff mount and cover soon as it gets here Friday.

TP 4070 1700kv 26/50
MMX8s

I have a clear body I'm painting for it too. The purple body is from my OG talion.

View attachment 226470
View attachment 226471
View attachment 226472
View attachment 226473

I'm totally cleaning my table soon :eek::eek::ROFLMAO::cry:

View attachment 226469
Nice build and love the deep blue color. Hell man there’s nothing wrong with working on the floor. It’s easier to find dropped parts afterall.

Nice build and love the deep blue color. Hell man there’s nothing wrong with working on the floor. It’s easier to find dropped parts afterall.
Haha in certain lighting it looks blue or purple. Pretty cool! I used metallic dark blue and purple

Haha in certain lighting it looks blue or purple. Pretty cool! I used metallic dark blue and purple
Nice combo of colors! Post a couple of pics in the sun sometime if you don’t mind.

@Moirae , sweet rig dude. I’ve been amassing parts for mine for a month now…..parts are showing up everyday.

Tell me about those gold extenders to accept the rear of the body. This is something that interests me.

cheers,
kev

Nice combo of colors! Post a couple of pics in the sun sometime if you don’t mind.
image002.jpg

image008.jpg

image011.jpg

These are pics of the body on my og Talion Exb. More purple than blue, I think. :cool:
@Moirae , sweet rig dude. I’ve been amassing parts for mine for a month now…..parts are showing up everyday.

Tell me about those gold extenders to accept the rear of the body. This is something that interests me.

cheers,
kev
These work great. 50mm. You will love it. It feels so planted I couldn't even believe it. You can see how high the center of gravity looks too. It did not want to wheelie at all.
Nice build. Report back on how it holds up. Still on the fence on alu diff cases, are those GPM?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803346440266.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2ab43c00M5jtsK&mp=1

In the other thread people were saying they looked exactly like the HR ones.

And lol @ everyone thinking I worked on the floor hahaha. Everything is sitting on a small table, It's just super messy :eek::ROFLMAO:. This thing is really fun to drive though. My radio link rx gets here today so I'm excited to go drive it again with my preferred radio. I had hooked up a dx3 to it as a temp solution.

I couldn't believe how planted it felt though, I had to really try hard to lift the front end up. Was very fireteam like in that regard. Maybe even more so.

View attachment 226574
View attachment 226575
View attachment 226576
These are pics of the body on my og Talion Exb. More purple than blue, I think. :cool:

These work great. 50mm. You will love it. It feels so planted I couldn't even believe it. You can see how high the center of gravity looks too. It did not want to wheelie at all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803346440266.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2ab43c00M5jtsK&mp=1

In the other thread people were saying they looked exactly like the HR ones.

And lol @ everyone thinking I worked on the floor hahaha. Everything is sitting on a small table, It's just super messy :eek::ROFLMAO:. This thing is really fun to drive though. My radio link rx gets here today so I'm excited to go drive it again with my preferred radio. I had hooked up a dx3 to it as a temp solution.

I couldn't believe how planted it felt though, I had to really try hard to lift the front end up. Was very fireteam like in that regard. Maybe even more so.
The paint looks great man! Yeah… my doing perhaps as it really looked like you were on a nice hardwood floor 😂

Neat build. Be interesting to hear about how it handles. With the extra length and width it's something like a 1/6 or 1/7 truggy.
It definitely seems like a 1/7 truggy. I've only driven it once so far and that was on road with fireteam tires. Its REALLY planted. That tp 4070 1700kv is a monster of a motor and I seriously struggled to pull off wheelies. None of my other trucks take that much effort. Thing is amazing for people who don't want to wheelie. You're really able to get all the power down easily. I need to try it with belted tires.

I really love the way it feels so far. Can't wait to get some air with it.

@Moirae
How, specifically, did you attach the actual body mount to the end of the stand-off? A two way metric 3mm screw?

cheers,
kev
haha I dunno why I didn't mention it as it was one of the things I struggled to find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202313484717

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back