Typhon Talk me into / out of buying a Typhon V3 Mega for parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I was thinking about doing a 17mm conversion on my BRCC using Typhon axles stubs, hexes, etc. and starting pricing those parts ... would run about $50ish with the shafts from a kit breaker. Well my tires on my old Typhon are starting to get worn and that's another $40 ... hey, it'd be good to have some extra diffs on hand, which is another $35. I probably need to rebuild my slipper at some point so that another $45 if I buy a complete one from JRC. Now we're getting closer to $200

At this point, why not just buy a Typhon V3 Mega and strip it for parts?

Is my logic sound or am I missing something?

I think it’s a good idea then you’ll have all the spare stuff you need. And if your going to pay close to a new assembled car price for parts then it makes sense to just get an assembled new car! However be careful ? I did this with my Nero 6S and bought roller for parts, ended up with two running complete Neros and sold one haha. But ya it’s not a bad idea. I’ve been trying to find a roller for my buggy just to have some spares as you mentioned those parts do add up over time $$

It's not a bad idea.. you'd have a spare shocks and driveshafts also which are not cheap.

But note that the slipper is completely different, so you wont be able to use it.

You're right - for some reason I thought they went Mod .8 on the slipper as well with the V3 but I realize now that it's only the inputs ... well, I do have a Senton Mega ... :)

I could get a Typhon 3s to strip down but I fear I would be too tempted to start running it instead of stripping it. :p

Good idea. I’m doing kind of the same thing.

I’m buying a new V3 Granite 3S instead of converting my son’s Mega to brushless. For sure I’ll be happy to have these a-arms, body, tires, chassis, drive shaft, etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back