Typhon Talk me out of a TLR tuned Typhon 6S BLX RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah buddy

Careful, you’ll be spoiled. If you’re like some in here, you’ll want to bring it to bed with you. The ones that have to leave it “begrudgingly” in a different spot of the house (because of the wife) dream about it. 👍🏻
Can’t have too many Typhons.

You must not have bashed a lot of SC10’s… 😂 I got tired of writing checks.
Fantastic on the track, but they don’t take impacts quite so well!
I missed this. I’ve never owned any sct. I used to get sudden sh!T cramps when it was my turn to marshal those bastards. I actually hate sct’s, the way they sound, drive, jump, handle, accelerate and brake. I’m talking in the stock class, not those extended speed run jobs some have made.

Last edited:
I just sold my RC8B4e race buggy (current world champ) and the same day I went in to the LHS and felt a TLR-Typhon. I was surprised that it didnt "feel" much different than the AE buggy. Not that that means anything, but as the previous poster showed you can race these things and be fine. Most of racing is driving skills and setup skills.

I cant reccomend this car enough, i have the luxury of having a teack walking distance from me. That said ive ran this car for 2 seasons now. Regularly on high bite clay, as well as loose outdoor tracks. You will not be disappointed the car has tons of steering you may think its twitchy but i also run quite a bit of toe. It is extremely confidence inspiring as it is a tough car, but i am now beginning to hunt for lighter parts, maybe shock towers and screws just to try out, unfortunately this may risk durability and who doesn't hate ending a race with a dnf. If you get the roller and get nice electronics its a great first race car if theres 1/8 near you. And maybe down the road pull the electronics and move on to another car but if your on the fence i suggest you jump!

VideoCapture_20230308-184510.jpg

I hope you enjoy it, if you need any tips or advice message me! Or if you wanna go racing in the midwest give me a hollar im in indiana but travel around

Oh I did jump lol
Amazing, congratulation.

Now some stuff i think are needed IMHO:
I would recommend a lighter motor, 4068 sized one as well.

That's it- you're golden! :)

Took it out for it's first spin today.
These tires do not like pavement as it severely understeers on pavement. They lose traction on grass. I could see they would probably like a tacky clay surface. I'll have to get new tires for track day because I already wore these out hooning around the parking lot LOL

20230312_165628.jpg
20230312_165658.jpg
20230312_165730.jpg
20230312_172137.jpg

Congrats!! I finally got my TLR Typhon and built it up last Summer after eyeing it forever. Couple of things I found out - first, the ProLine Badlands are absolutely awesome for ripping around. Grass, dirt, anything they just transformed my car. Tons of traction.

Second, for the track, guy who runs my local track said it's actually really good. IMO when you start to know why it's not fast enough for you, then you have enough experience to know what you want. I've gotten my butt kicked at the track in my decked out TLR 22 5.0 buggy by a kid in a stock Slash before.
If you're club racing, the Typhon is a hell of a beast at less than half the cost of what you'll have into a AE, TLR or Tekno 8th scale rig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back