Typhon Talk me out of a TLR tuned Typhon 6S BLX RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk you out of it? Just buy it. You’re on crack. In the form of RC car addiction. You’re in denial.

EDIT: you got the deal of deals from the tree. Well done sir. You’re still on crack. I stand by THAT! Lol

89AE515D-CC91-4C5D-A0DE-6CC7843E29FB.jpeg

D4DA4460-E51B-4C1A-BA89-C932BE1126E5.jpeg

D5142DD0-1E0C-46AF-8712-2C38784E7800.jpeg

4DBCD84E-251A-4C8F-9610-A5D783E7C69D.jpeg

F443BE6B-164C-4D0E-81C7-B3698350920F.jpeg

Congrats!! I finally got my TLR Typhon and built it up last Summer after eyeing it forever. Couple of things I found out - first, the ProLine Badlands are absolutely awesome for ripping around. Grass, dirt, anything they just transformed my car. Tons of traction.

Second, for the track, guy who runs my local track said it's actually really good. IMO when you start to know why it's not fast enough for you, then you have enough experience to know what you want. I've gotten my butt kicked at the track in my decked out TLR 22 5.0 buggy by a kid in a stock Slash before.
If you're club racing, the Typhon is a hell of a beast at less than half the cost of what you'll have into a AE, TLR or Tekno 8th scale rig.
Thanks!
That's definitely my viewpoint too.
That's why an awesome driver in a Honda Civic can beat a bad driver in a decked out GT car on the Nurburgring. I'd rather reach and know the limits of my equipment than go all out and not use it to its fullest potential...or hinder me from learning how to race.

Thanks!
That's definitely my viewpoint too.
That's why an awesome driver in a Honda Civic can beat a bad driver in a decked out GT car on the Nurburgring. I'd rather reach and know the limits of my equipment than go all out and not use it to its fullest potential...or hinder me from learning how to race.
Funny… I bought a Losi Mini B and ran a carpet track. It’s addictive. And hard AF. I can send my Talion and double backflip it but it’s hard to make a fast clean run. I immediately built it into a rocket. And a 1/10 scale carpet racer. But I too am taking my 3S Typhon to the dirt track first. I have a chassis brace and metal bumpers. I want to also race!

Funny… I bought a Losi Mini B and ran a carpet track. It’s addictive. And hard AF. I can send my Talion and double backflip it but it’s hard to make a fast clean run. I immediately built it into a rocket. And a 1/10 scale carpet racer. But I too am taking my 3S Typhon to the dirt track first. I have a chassis brace and metal bumpers. I want to also race!
There's been a couple 3S Typhons at our local track run in the "beginner" class (only place they really fit) and the right driver can really make them work. Sure they're heavy but the upside is - they don't break a lot. Finishing the race in the novice/beginner class is often going to put you near the top. Great cars, I love my Typhon and probably will pick up a second.

I asked the race director at the track I plan to go to, what the crowd favorite tire of choice is for that track. AKA Impacts are the favorites, so have a couple sets of them coming
Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I'm probably going to pick up the RTR TLR Typhon so I have a second one my teenage sons can use. That's my excuse anyway. Typhon is such an awesome and fun platform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back