Kraton Tall Side Guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTJox1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Anyone out there add the tall side guards to their Kraton v4 with CC 1717 motor setup? If so, did you have to mod the guards, or was it just a snug fit??

Thanks!

If you are speaking about the outcast side gaurd then yes but the smallest bit
Yeah, the Outcast guards. I ordered today and just thought about the motor differences. Good to hear there isn't an issue!

What is the smallest bit...

If its going on a kraton you will have to do some trimming at the ends because it is a swb chassis and the kraton is lwb it will work well with cutting it to fit.

If its going on a kraton you will have to do some trimming at the ends because it is a swb chassis and the kraton is lwb it will work well with cutting it to fit.
I installed the Outcast side guards on my v3 Kraton (stock motor) earlier this year. No trimming necessary.

I installed the Outcast side guards on my v3 Kraton (stock motor) earlier this year. No trimming necessary.
Please show pictures of how you didn’t trim outcast side guards that are supposed to go on a swb fitted to your lwb without cutting. It is impossible.

edit: I am an idiot, lol. With m2c trimming on bottom is needed. But if it’s stock it is not ?

Last edited:
@MrTJox1 Needs to put the swb high side guards on his LWB Kraton with a CC1717. The the 1717 is 85.1mm long.(47.6 wide) The stock motor is 74mm. It has to be trimmed for the 1717 at the rear slightly for length and the side should fit without trimming if without a HS.
Below is a picture of my Kraton with the Noto/OC side guards and with a stocker 2050kv.

20201230_030606.jpg

20201230_030631.jpg

This is my stock v4 kraton LWB chassis(anodizing stripped clean) I didn't have to trim anything on the Noto/OC side guards. It bolted right in place.

20201230_040156.jpg

@Rcproponent, Your chassis is different. Maybe yours is the Talion LWB chassis?
Mine is the original V4 chassis I got. Very early release V4 Kraton, with that Crappy STX2 radio.:LOL:

This is my stock v4 kraton LWB chassis(anodizing stripped clean) I didn't have to trim anything on the Noto/OC side guards. It bolted right in place.

View attachment 116695
Well then, my bad... the m2c chassis must be different there. ? well I’ll be damned. Sorry guys ??‍♂️ the oem chassis the side guards bolt up fine.. I had to dig a stock chassis out of the bins! I’ve been modding them for the m2c chassis so many times it was like yea that needs trimmed... well. No It doesn’t... ??

I thought maybe yours was an M2C... For a split second I said your chassis is awfully thick compared to mine. But I thought it was your camera playing tricks, or my eyes. I am getting tired.:ROFLMAO:

I'm out . Need sleep.:sleep:

I thought maybe yours was an M2C... For a split second I said your chassis is awfully thick compared to mine. But I thought it was your camera playing tricks, or my eyes. I am getting tired.:ROFLMAO:

I'm out . Need sleep.:sleep:
I do have an m2c chassis with 1717 mnotor. Good to know I'll be good!

@MrTJox1 Needs to put the swb high side guards on his LWB Kraton with a CC1717. The the 1717 is 85.1mm long.(47.6 wide) The stock motor is 74mm. It has to be trimmed for the 1717 at the rear slightly for length and the side should fit without trimming if without a HS.
Below is a picture of my Kraton with the Noto/OC side guards and with a stocker 2050kv.

View attachment 116690

View attachment 116691
Alsof like what you die with the steering plate and the red ? look Nice ?

I'm assuming it's this - "Tall Side Guards Outcast Z-AR320352" ?

Is there a similar one for the Kraton EXB that goes all the way to the rear section?

I don't know - I bought a whole package of stuff from JennysRC that includes side guards, battery tray, sway bar assemblies, hinge pins, hinge pin braces and a ton of other bits. For $25 US. I happen to have a Notorious 6S so I bought that package and I'll put the side guards on the EXB.. .but damn you can't beat that. For small parts like this, get the packages from JennysRC. The down side is that I am in Canada and US customs and USPS are screwing international shipping so it will be a few weeks likely before I can get the parts. But it's a great pile of stuff for $25. Shipping on top of that of course, but still - great deals.

The down side is that I am in Canada and US customs and USPS are screwing international shipping so it will be a few weeks likely before I can get the parts. But it's a great pile of stuff for $25. Shipping on top of that of course, but still - great deals.

Biggest downside for me is that I am based in the UK! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back