Granite Taller body mounts for Granite BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonUF02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
Does anyone know of a part for taller Granite BLX body mounts? Any alternative to the original part? I'm mounting a Proline body made for Stampede and the overall size is perfect, but where the front body mounts line up they really need to be about a notch taller. The body will have a forward rake of not. Wider would be ideal, seems the body will take more abuse if the mounts are farther towards the corners.

Does anyone know of a part for taller Granite BLX body mounts? Any alternative to the original part? I'm mounting a Proline body made for Stampede and the overall size is perfect, but where the front body mounts line up they really need to be about a notch taller. The body will have a forward rake of not. Wider would be ideal, seems the body will take more abuse if the mounts are farther towards the corners.
You can try the 4S posts. They have the curved inner side that pivots.

4s is completely different setup, I have one.
I have both and can tell you the towers are identical. You can for sure use the 4S body posts. The holes may not be in the exact same spot, but the posts will work. If you flip the 4S over so it is in a U shape, pretty sure you can get it a lot higher. The body posts are a little thicker so you will need to team out the holes to get it to fit.

If you put the posts only in the holes of the 3s they would be very very narrow.

The stock hole used on the Granite posts is already at the bottom edge, so no drilling extra holes.

I'm looking at the Senton 3s posts and they are definitely wider. Front and rear are different. It looks like the rear has a nice upward slant that may give the height I need for the front of the Granite, and also wider which is a plus. I'll probably grab a set and see if one will work.

If you put the posts only in the holes of the 3s they would be very very narrow.

The stock hole used on the Granite posts is already at the bottom edge, so no drilling extra holes.

I'm looking at the Senton 3s posts and they are definitely wider. Front and rear are different. It looks like the rear has a nice upward slant that may give the height I need for the front of the Granite, and also wider which is a plus. I'll probably grab a set and see if one will work.
Here is the body mount you need in this orientation
837FC17F-BDE1-4404-A08C-30145EDE7491.jpeg

Then buy the post kit and use the longer set

647BF627-039A-4911-911B-E9286BD46180.jpeg

Winner winner chicken dinner

Got it. I'll take a harder look at my 4s Outcast, but at first sight it looks completely different, not compatible. I do like the rocker support pieces on the 4s and 6s posts.

Another option you have is the Voltage body mounts, they are pretty much the stock Granite posts but longer.
If you don't mind the Granite width then these will give you what you need
IMG_4469.jpeg

(the installed one is the stock 3s Granite using the higher position, you can see that the Voltage version if you match the position of the lowest hole is much higher)

Great, thanks. I'm liking the 4s option, but seems I'll need to buy 2 parts rather than 1. Those $9 baggies add up.

Good idea, but the car only comes with the short posts, while the replacement post kit looks like it comes with the longer posts.

Good idea, but the car only comes with the short posts, while the replacement post kit looks like it comes with the longer posts.
The rears are longer. You can swap them to the front.

OK, I see. Probably worth a few bucks more for that lot, spare towers, pins, and diff yokes, some stuff that could break easily on my 4s.
looking at the post kit pic above, I think the 2 middle sizes are the stock on 4s, the really long ones and really short ones are optional.

OK, I see. Probably worth a few bucks more for that lot, spare towers, pins, and diff yokes, some stuff that could break easily on my 4s.
looking at the post kit pic above, I think the 2 middle sizes are the stock on 4s, the really long ones and really short ones are optional.
Could be. I always like having lots of spares on hand so I tend to buy a lot of these types of lots. ??

Well I have a 4s Outcast to experiment with stock parts, won't hurt to have spares like I said, although I hate storing extra stuff. I had plenty of those mount posts but gave away everything out the door with my 6s rig and started over. I may go with the Voltage mount set, as it's the cheapest one part option. This is a low-speed build, it won't be bashed hard. If I was going for a full WOT 3s rig with this body, then I'd definitely go with the 4s mount setup for better support.

Confirmed the 4s front mount would be a direct fit, slightly taller in stock position, and also has an additional hole to raise them up. Unfortunately the JRC pack for 4s is sold out now. I believe the voltage mounts will work also, so do I buy 1 baggie or 2? Basically $8 or $15. I guess I'll just go for the better 4s parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back