Talion Talluon to Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcdade0003

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So an odd question. I'm a huge Typhon fan. I just got a talion and I'm not too fond of it. Couldn't I just change out some parts like the arms and drive shafts and basically make the talion like a stretched Typhon?

So an odd question. I'm a huge Typhon fan. I just got a talion and I'm not too fond of it. Couldn't I just change out some parts like the arms and drive shafts and basically make the talion like a stretched Typhon?
Yep , you sure could , I built a stretched typhon using a kraton chassis , went like a rocket it did , was easier to drive too

Sooooo, you could, but If your thinking an off-road use rig, the Typhon suspension on the longer wheelbase may Not be what your looking for, the short wheelbase is a major part of a buggies handling characteristics. . you could turn your talion to a exb Typhon easisest ordering from Jenny’s, The main parts to change the talion to Typhon are:

Short wheelbase chassis 4 options from Jenny’s would work notorious, outcast exb, tlr typhon, typhon
typhon suspension arms Jenny’s sells them as a package
Typhon driveshafts Jenny’s sells the center driveshaft you need with the front & rear ones. Stub axles and one of the center ones would be not needed but still cheaper this way
Typhon body mounts, side mud gaurds, chassis braces one exb one you could reuse, these are available in a bag of misc parts package from Jenny’s for about $25, it comes with a lot of extra parts like hinge pins and suspension mounts, but again, probab;y cheapest this way snd you’ll have some spares
youll need buggy tires, you can get the Typhon, tlr typhon, typhon 3s or any other 17 mm buggy wheels, Jenny’s has the corrally radix ones that are decent also
theres parts like wing mounts and diffs that are a little different, but not needed to replace, all in your about $175 bucks to get a generally less capable machine. I have many multiples of Arrma and similar makes of these 8th scale rigs, and a speed Truggy like the talion is one of the most versatile rigs you can get. I like my 8th scale buggies, but I wind up truggifying the ones I use a lot for bashing. even on a track I prefer a truggy to a buggy, and on grass… not even close, Truggy‘s are so much better.
‘what specifically do you not like about your talion handling? Maybe you could solve the issue without such a radical departure? I generally keep karats on my bashing truggies like the talion because I have a lot of stunt and monster trucks ‘ truggies like the kratons and Kronos with big 3.8 tires, but the talion does well with other tires like the backflip lp’s or even the regular backflips.
I’m not bashing on the Typhon, just saying a LWB Typhon is more a speedrunning rig on or off-road, and not so much a general basher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back