Outcast Tbone Bumpers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi All,

Picked up an Outcast two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to run it due to poor weather and other commitments but hoping to get it out soon.

I'm going to order a GKA aluminum servo mount and install it prior to my first run.

I'm also looking at the Tbone bumpers for some added protection on the inevitable bad landings and crashes to come.... I've looked through the forum threads and see there are a couple different ones being used. Just wondering what would be the best for ramp jumping and general bashing.

Options:

Kraton front on front and rear on rear - looks like the Kraton front is quite wide and protrudes forward fairly flat - might cause an issue with launching or landing?

Kraton rear on front and rear on rear - looks like a good option as the Kraton rear bumper is more upright and won't potentially interfere with ramp launches and cause shovel type landings

Typhon front bumper on front with Kraton rear on rear - not sure if this would be wide enough to protect entire front end?

I'm thinking the Kraton rear on the front and rear on the rear might be the best option?

Just wanted to get opinions from those that have Tbone bumpers on their Outcasts.

Thanks

Hi All,

Picked up an Outcast two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to run it due to poor weather and other commitments but hoping to get it out soon.

I'm going to order a GKA aluminum servo mount and install it prior to my first run.

I'm also looking at the Tbone bumpers for some added protection on the inevitable bad landings and crashes to come.... I've looked through the forum threads and see there are a couple different ones being used. Just wondering what would be the best for ramp jumping and general bashing.

Options:

Kraton front on front and rear on rear - looks like the Kraton front is quite wide and protrudes forward fairly flat - might cause an issue with launching or landing?

Kraton rear on front and rear on rear - looks like a good option as the Kraton rear bumper is more upright and won't potentially interfere with ramp launches and cause shovel type landings

Typhon front bumper on front with Kraton rear on rear - not sure if this would be wide enough to protect entire front end?

I'm thinking the Kraton rear on the front and rear on the rear might be the best option?

Just wanted to get opinions from those that have Tbone bumpers on their Outcasts.

Thanks
I've been bashing Typhon Tbone on my Outcast and love it, do ramp jumping..Etc and has worked great. I posted pic in media, will add running video to media after work. Just loaded on YouTube last night, as running test vid withTekno Orange springs. Do need mini stock bumper on Kraton/Typhon...etc also to fill void when you remove stock Outcast bumper.

Thanks for the reply. I did see that pic in the gallery, looks good, also saw the remains of the stock bumper that required the replacement, ouch... I was going to reply there but noticed a few other pics with wider tbones so thought i'd post a thread her to get more feedback. Will keep an eye out for the running video and probably check YouTube as well. I've watched a few of your videos, very helpful and informative. You have some great bash sessions with the kids, looks like lots of fun.

I have a set of Tekno orange on order as well after seeing a few vids of the setup with them. Stock seem really soft to me.

Do you by chance have any other pics of the bumper attachment? (top view, bottom, side view) and is there any way to use the Typhon Tbone with the stock Outcast bumper or will it only work with the mini stock Kraton/Typhon bumper? I'd like to keep the stock in place if possible.

Thanks for the reply. I did see that pic in the gallery, looks good, also saw the remains of the stock bumper that required the replacement, ouch... I was going to reply there but noticed a few other pics with wider tbones so thought i'd post a thread her to get more feedback. Will keep an eye out for the running video and probably check YouTube as well. I've watched a few of your videos, very helpful and informative. You have some great bash sessions with the kids, looks like lots of fun.

I have a set of Tekno orange on order as well after seeing a few vids of the setup with them. Stock seem really soft to me.

Do you by chance have any other pics of the bumper attachment? (top view, bottom, side view) and is there any way to use the Typhon Tbone with the stock Outcast bumper or will it only work with the mini stock Kraton/Typhon bumper? I'd like to keep the stock in place if possible.
Leaving work now, will post pics/vid shortly. Don't think stock Outcast bumper assembly with work with Typhon bumper, stock bumper didn't fair well for me, it's design creates leverage on each end to be pushed back and rip plastic holes from screws, mine got toasted quick.
IMG_20161221_220157653.jpg
IMG_20161221_220321667.jpg
IMG_20161221_214406752.jpg
IMG_20161221_214344280.jpg

Okay, thanks for the pics. I like the size of that bumper on the truck, not as aggressive as the Kraton bumper and looks like it will provide good shock absorption and protect the front end components and body well during those front end collisions.

Okay, thanks for the pics. I like the size of that bumper on the truck, not as aggressive as the Kraton bumper and looks like it will provide good shock absorption and protect the front end components and body well during those front end collisions.
No problem and thanks for kind words regarding vids, really enjoy talking kids out to bash, even though it leads to carnage on occasion, more parts/repairs. Typhon bumper is perfect size and angle for my needs IMHO.

Yeah, it's great fun, with the kids, I've got a couple as well that love bashing around. Checked out the video, helped me make up my mind on the bumper as I do the same type of bashing as you. Thanks again.

What all different bumpers have you seen being used for the outcast because I should have my outcast in the mail in a day or 2 and what all upgrades should I do I have a hotracing servo mount on the way a chassis brace and that's it so far?
Hi All,

Options:

Thanks

Another option is the talion bumper. It still pretty wide but doesn't protrude flat like the kraton bumper.

What all different bumpers have you seen being used for the outcast because I should have my outcast in the mail in a day or 2 and what all upgrades should I do I have a hotracing servo mount on the way a chassis brace and that's it so far?

@derekq1121 I've seen pics of the following bumpers used on the front of the Outcast;

TBone Racing
  • Kraton front
  • Kraton rear
  • Outcast front
  • Typhon front (as shown by Rich in the posts above)
  • Talion (as mentioned by @slpcrf450x above)
RPM front bumper & skid plate - I went with this option, along with the rear skid plate as I've always had good luck with RPM products on my other RC's and preferred the look over the TBones..

Take a read through the posts in this forum or use the search option and check out the gallery. There are a bunch of pics of the aforementioned bumpers throughout this forum to give you a good idea of what you like or don't like.

It all really comes down to how you use (or abuse) your truck and what you like the look of. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options.
P1020552.JPG
P1020554.JPG
P1020623.JPG
P1020630.JPG

Last edited:
I have the Talion Front Basher bumper on my Kraton and have never had an issue with it being a "flip scoop" or "jump Shovel". I will say that the big wide bumpers can be a sort of "anti spoiler" causing the front end to lift at high speeds.

@derekq1121 I've seen pics of the following bumpers used on the front of the Outcast;

TBone Racing
  • Kraton front
  • Kraton rear
  • Outcast front
RPM front bumper & skid plate - I went with this option, along with the rear skid plate as I've always had good luck with RPM products on my other RC's and preferred the look over the TBones..

Take a read through the posts in this forum or use the search option and check out the gallery. There are a bunch of pics of the aforementioned bumpers throughout this forum to give you a good idea of what you like or don't like.

It all really comes down to how you use (or abuse) your truck and what you like the look of. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options.
View attachment 10151 View attachment 10152 View attachment 10153 View attachment 10154

TBone Racing
  • Kraton front
  • Kraton rear
  • Outcast front

View attachment 10151 View attachment 10152 View attachment 10153 View attachment 10154

Hi Outcaster

The Proline Trencher 40's look great on your truck. Is there any particular reason you chose to run these instead of the stock Outcast's Backflip MT tires?

No particular reason @TalionSWB.

I have a few different sets of tires that I use on another truck. Just threw these on to see how they looked, haven't really ran them on the Outcast, just around the yard a bit on 4s.

I really like the backflips and will be mainly sticking with them for most of my running. that being said the Trenchers do add to the look!

I am running the Trenchers and love them.
Definitely like the look better...taller, and a bit wider...and the rims are nicer IMO.
As for functional differences...none that I can discern aside from increased rotational mass which makes air corrections a little easier (or harder), depending on your trigger finger and punch setting!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back