Outcast Tbone Kraton 2.0 bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally pulled the trigger on the amain 2018 Outcast deal and looking for a new front bumper. Anyone running the Kraton 2.0 tbone bumper on their 6s outcast? If so, is it a direct fit?

https://tboneracing.net/collections...4-2-0-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018
I tried T-Bone's and it has a brace that constantly snaps. In really hard hits to the nose, it also had a tendency to tear the screws out of the dif case from the bottom of the chassis. Warranty is great, but you can't run while you wait for spares. Your call, I'm just giving my input.

RPM has some offerings as well. You might have to trim a bit of the lip off the front of the body, or slightly raise your body mounts, but the Kraton one works really, really well.
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...kid-plate-for-the-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t/

Also might want to consider the RPM rear skid while you're at it.
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

And since you're there, there's always the RPM wing mounts. Might as well save on shipping.
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/chassis-components/chassis-accessories/arrma-durango-wing-mounts/

Finally pulled the trigger on the amain 2018 Outcast deal and looking for a new front bumper. Anyone running the Kraton 2.0 tbone bumper on their 6s outcast? If so, is it a direct fit?

https://tboneracing.net/collections...4-2-0-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018
They make one for the Outcast. It's a direct fir over the stock bumper. The original vid. before they came out with the one for the Outcast shows a block that goes over the hinge pins that it screwed into as well different mounting holes, all 4 were not into the underside of the diff case.

I'm not sure if they changed the vid. but the one for the Outcast has a tongue that screws into the top of the diff case as well. I was a bit put off at first with all the screws mounting somewhere onto the diff case but I haven't had any problems so far. And I drive like NotoJ, we play lawn darts with 'em.

They make one for the Outcast. It's a direct fir over the stock bumper. The original vid. before they came out with the one for the Outcast shows a block that goes over the hinge pins that it screwed into as well different mounting holes, all 4 were not into the underside of the diff case.

I'm not sure if they changed the vid. but the one for the Outcast has a tongue that screws into the top of the diff case as well. I was a bit put off at first with all the screws mounting somewhere onto the diff case but I haven't had any problems so far. And I drive like NotoJ, we play lawn darts with 'em.
The XV4 2.0 uses the block that attaches to the hinge pin area, and the brace attaches to the block. No more attaching the brace directly to the dif case.

...And what's this Johnny, Bam got you recommending RPM? Weren't you the T-Bone guy?:ROFLMAO:
The XV4 2.0 uses the block that attaches to the hinge pin area, and the brace attaches to the block. No more attaching the brace directly to the dif case.
Good they listened when I bitched. :LOL: Before they came out with the Outcast one I had asked them about making one for it because the one for the Kraton came with the block and mounted 2 screws underneath somewhere else than the diff., can't remember into where tho. Was more than a bit ticked when that thing came.

...And what's this Johnny, Bam got you recommending RPM? Weren't you the T-Bone guy?:ROFLMAO:
Since I switched to the RPM set up, no more torn out screws, bumper is solid as rock, but transfers no energy to any other part, and they way they mold the skids, there's a dimple that sits in the recess of the counter sinks in the chassis. 5 or 6 good bash sessions with this set up, and no issues to report. I do kind of owe Ed for steering me in the right direction. T-Bone is great, but the way I abuse my truck, the RPM just seems to work better.

The site is still showing the the one without the block for the Notorious/Outcast. No V2 for those listed. The reason I didn't want to go with the Kraton V2 if I didn't have to was because I saw a vid saying the block needed to be shaved out a bit to fit the Outcast pins and didn't feel like messing with that.

The site is still showing the the one without the block for the Notorious/Outcast. No V2 for those listed. The reason I didn't want to go with the Kraton V2 if I didn't have to was because I saw a vid saying the block needed to be shaved out a bit to fit the Outcast pins and didn't feel like messing with that.
I used that Kraton V2 with no modifications. Maybe just a slight trim of the front lip as well, to accommodate the brace that attaches the bumper to the block. Never had an issue with the block either, but the screws that attach it to the dif case came out crooked more than once, never broke one though.

Since I switched to the RPM set up, no more torn out screws, bumper is solid as rock, but transfers no energy to any other part, and they way they mold the skids, there's a dimple that sits in the recess of the counter sinks in the chassis. 5 or 6 good bash sessions with this set up, and no issues to report. I do kind of owe Ed for steering me in the right direction. T-Bone is great, but the way I abuse my truck, the RPM just seems to work better.
Hmm, It's something to think about when I replace my bumper. Only part I'm not sure about is the rear skid instead of the Typhon bumper from T-bone. You've had no problems with bad landings to that area with the rear skid?

Also been meaning to ask you, with the M2c Chassis are the screw holes recessed to allow for the stock hardware, or will I need to get longer screws?

Hmm, It's something to think about when I replace my bumper. Only part I'm not sure about is the rear skid instead of the Typhon bumper from T-bone. You've had no problems with bad landings to that area with the rear skid?

Also been meaning to ask you, with the M2c Chassis are the screw holes recessed to allow for the stock hardware, or will I need to get longer screws?
Screw holes are recessed, so all stock screws work fine. I went with slightly longer though, when adding the bumper and skid. The rear skid takes a hell of a beating, but they recessed the holes and added some bumps, so that the screws never get touched. No issues at all in the rear of the truck anymore. The holes on the T-Bone left the screws almost flush, so you can imagine what they looked like when it was time to take them out.

I ditched the XV4 tbone bumper because it made working on the front a complete PITA. Run the Typhon basher bumper on both my Outcast and Talion without an issue.
For the Outcast you'll need a way to hold the lower hinge pins so I use the front bumper piece from part#AR330230

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0540.JPG

I ditched the XV4 tbone bumper because it made working on the front a complete PITA. Run the Typhon basher bumper on both my Outcast and Talion without an issue.
For the Outcast you'll need a way to hold the lower hinge pins so I use the front bumper piece from part#AR330230
Same goes with the RPM bumper. You'll need that little Talion bumper to hold in the hinge pins.

View attachment 42261

View attachment 42262
I was thinking of switching out to the Typhon basher, because it is a PITA to take it off everytime I want to get in there. That and weight, it looks awesome on it, but just isn't practical.

What do you do with all those extra bits from the stock Typhon kit, part#AR330230? Guess that seals it, I have to get a Typhon.:D

I was thinking of switching out to the Typhon basher, because it is a PITA to take it off everytime I want to get in there. That and weight, it looks awesome on it, but just isn't practical.

What do you do with all those extra bits from the stock Typhon kit, part#AR330230? Guess that seals it, I have to get a Typhon.:D
That pack also comes with your turnbuckle ends for the steering links and the rear upper turnbuckles.
The smaller rod ends in the pack are replacement swaybar end links

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back