TBR 10074 Kraton bumper on Outcast

Thread starter #1
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Anyone ever tried installing the TBR 10074 Kraton bumper on the Outcast? Pics? Or maybe the 10081 for the Talion. I just prefer the way they mount vs the actual Outcast one which is on differential vs a block screwed where the hinge pins are.

Notorious J

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious
This is the Kraton XV4 2.0. Not sure of the part number, but went on easily. Its snug in front and you might have to trim the front lip of the body to make it sit all the way down. I also have to push the nose back when putting the body on to clear a nut in the design. No attaching to dif case, looks great, with only minor tweaking.

Attachments

Arrma RC's
Granite, Notorious
Ruh-roh Raggy... I may have ordered the wrong one yesterday. I ordered this one 10093-TBR XV4 Front for my Notorious.
I thought they mounted the same but was just made with a little bit more room for to clear the body better.

Notorious J

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Mine is the 10075 Kraton bumper. It looks the same as the 10093, but I don't think it comes with the extra block that eliminates the need to connect it to the bulkhead. The support bracket included (see photo) required I cut a 2" wide piece of the front lip, and the lock nut is why I have to push in the nose when installing. You can also see the added block they include to eliminate the need to attach to the bulkhead. Once on, cut is invisible and body doesn't touch the nut.

Attachments

Thread starter #7
Arrma RC's
Notorious
NotoriousJ mind taking a pic of what you had to cut to make it work?

All of the Outcast/Notorious bumpers brace onto the differential. They have updated the others like the Kraton/Talion sucks they didn't do the same for the Outcast.

Notorious J

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious

All of the Outcast/Notorious bumpers brace onto the differential. They have updated the others like the Kraton/Talion sucks they didn't do the same for the Outcast.
I'll get you those pics with the body off when I get home tonight.

superticky

Arrma RC's
Outcast
This is my Notorious with the 10075 which was made for Kraton but it fits. However ... the body needs to be bent a bit in the front for it to fit.

A week after I installed the 10075 they released the Notorious version which is 10093. They are slightly different, I still don't know which one I like better on looks, not sure if the 10093 has more space so you don't have to bent the body a little bit in the front.

If you want to install front led lights in the future it's better the 10093 cause the holes are upper and covered.

IMG_20181110_171359.jpg IMG_20181110_171346.jpg

Arrma RC's
Granite, Notorious
I'll post pics of the 10093 once I get it.

Whats the problem with it mounting to the diff? Im assuming the screws must rip out? I cant imagine thats the cause of a frontal impact. I could see that as an issue in a crash where your are flipping and the giant tbone bumper catches the ground and the trucks pulls it away. Just thinking out loud.

superticky

Arrma RC's
Outcast
my body is breaking a bit in in the front cause for each little crash the bumper hits the body, there is no space. I hope the 10093 has more slack space between the bumper and body. let us know and send pics !!! :)

I was bumped they released that new version a week after I installed the Kraton version :\

Thread starter #12
Arrma RC's
Notorious
TBR doesn't show the 10093 bumpers mounting. That would be interesting to see although it is a diff mount due to the listed parts.

Notorious J

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious

Attachments

Jimbobjr

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
I have the new style bumper on the Outcast and the old one on the Kraton. Haven’t run the Outcast with it on yet but it seems solid. The one on the Kraton gets hung up on the body. The body has seen better days...here’s a couple of pics of the new tbr outcast bumper and how it’s mounted. I guess it they changed it for a reason. Depends on where you want you bulk head to break I guess...
3E3F6739-9450-4F83-A18A-1DC90C706974.jpeg 3909BE6C-86BF-4174-8819-5894F34A7590.jpeg 589B7F28-6C57-49B0-BA29-D79FAF6A36CA.jpeg

Thread starter #16
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Think I'm going to go with the 10093. I would of still liked to see if anyone ever tried the 10081 and 10074 tho but the XV4 look with the crossbars is growing on me.

Arrma RC's
Granite, Notorious
Not entirely enthused with the 10093. Don't get me wrong. The quality seems great. My personal opinion is that I think it sticks out too far. I like how the stock bumper sits. It's just farther than I wanted it to be. I'm going to mount it up the correct way, but I forsee me cutting this bumper way down. I just need to know if the bumper material responds to heat so I can form it.

Attachments

Jimbobjr

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
The bumper sticks out for a reason. It is a shock absorber, if you are getting any kind of air under your truck the stock bumper will not last very long. The tbr is far better and protects the body as well as blunting the thrust of kinetic energy...