TBR bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
I ordered 2 T-Bone Racing front bumpers on 12/31 for my Typhon and Kraton directly from TBR's Website, hoping they would get here quicker. NOT! I sent an e-mail and yesterday received an e-mail back from them stating;
Hello,
We're looking at 7 business days for production and shipment of all orders. So we're thinking probably the 11th for your order to be shipped out. Thanks for your patience! You will receive a tracking number once your order has been shipped.
-Andrea, TBR Sales

Order Date: 12/31/2016
Now I'm thinking I should have looked elsewhere to see if they were in stock.
Lesson learned!!! Sorry for the rant. I'm sure they're just backlogged?

517_1_thumbnail.jpg

--
wnload&id=0B64RsNJNW_aWVl9uQVZWc3ZLSG8&revid=0B64RsNJNW_aWaEtmcDJGTzRwbUdZRXVlMi92ZUI5NXZra2hRPQ.png

I feel ya. Waiting stinks..... However, TBR products are made to order. So once they get the order and payment processed, you go in line for the product to be made. Everywhere outside of TBR will be slightly more expensive, but since they already ordered them and waited for them, they will get to you faster.

They actually made a fortunate mistake on my order, or at least I thought so. I received a call from TBR saying they had made my mud guards in in RED instead of BLACK. Since I had ordered my front and rear bumpers in RED, I told them it was not an issue. I would have ordered RED if I had seen the choice on the mud guards.

They add a bit of weight and wind resistance but extra armor is an easy trade off for me.

I got a reply from them, but who knows how long it might take. They probably have orders from major suppliers and I'll be pushed back until they catch up. I could use one for my Outcast so maybe I'll try to find one somewhere else for now.

even on ebay and amazon...all tbone racing upgrades are made for you when ordered...this isnt a cheap hop up from hot racing..these are real deal..custom made for you. Worth the wait.

even on ebay and amazon...all tbone racing upgrades are made for you when ordered
That is simply not true.

Here is a perfect example to show your statement being false, http://www.ebay.com/itm/252687329473 this is a T-Bone Racing bumper for the Granite that is being sold by a hobby shop. As you can very easily see not only are they selling them but clearly have 3 more in stock.

Your statement might only be true if T-Bone Racing themselves are posting an ebay or Amazon ad, otherwise other sellers DO in fact have these items in stock and ready to ship as you buy them.

even on ebay and amazon...all tbone racing upgrades are made for you when ordered...this isnt a cheap hop up from hot racing..these are real deal..custom made for you. Worth the wait.

They are not advertised as such. Had they been, I may have been understanding. I tend to get a little cranky though when people take my money, then refuse to communicate with me.

Now, having followed Woodies advice, I ordered some from Amazon and will have them tomorrow, easy peasy. Not because I want them, but because they are the only game in town. Because frankly, if they won't talk to me during a sale, I don't expect snappy service on the warranty end either.

They are not advertised as such. Had they been, I may have been understanding.
To be fair this too is also simply not true.

I have yet to see an item that's listed on tboneracing.net that doesn't have the line (or similar) "Note:- All T-Bone products are manufactured after order has been placed." placed somewhere in or near the description.

Visiting their Shipping page they also list in the very first paragraph the following:

"All T-Bone Racing brand items are manufactured after receipt of order in shop, because of this orders can take between 3 to 7 business days to be shipped. If an item is in stock it will usually be shipped 1 to 2 days after receipt."

That said I've never had a problem contacting TBoneRacing and I've been extremely happy with their products and have no problem recommending them. I read their product descriptions and and know if I'm not in a hurry for the parts then order directly from TBR (and maybe sometimes save a dollar or two) otherwise order the item from Amazon or eBay and have the items within a couple days.

I waited three weeks before I emailed them, waited two days, didn't get a reply, filed a chargeback.

That was my experience. I understand lot's of people have positive experience's with them, on many platforms. Mine was not positive however, so, it's left me with the outlook I have on them lol. That I have to buy through a third party, and can forget about the warranty lol.

I waited three weeks before I emailed them, waited two days, didn't get a reply, filed a chargeback.
I can't speak to their lack of communication. I can't say I blame you and I probably would have done the same thing as you, but I luckily haven't had any issues with them. I'm only stating their policy is clearly stated and a notice is placed on every item I've seen listed.

In terms of the warranty, I don't see why you'd have to worry about the parts not being covered. If it's by TBoneRacing then it's covered. Then again if you do manage to break their part then I'm sure the rest of the RC is a complete wreck as well. :D

Personally, I really don't need the bumpers I ordered right away. It's too darn cold out to go bashing anyway. It's been in the teens to upper 20's here where I live and plastic things get brittle when it's that cold. I just wanted something to finish off the front of my Kraton and have it ready in case we get a warmer day.... It's supposed to be in the 50's here Wednesday! :(

Yup, @dpricenator hit the nail on the head. Items are made on order and thus the reason it takes a bit longer than other places. That's typically why I try to link people to Amazon or eBay when possible as those items will ship right away.

I tried this today and it worked. I ordered some tbr skis for my granite on ebay, making sure the listing wasn't by tbr, and they shipped same day. Thanks for the tip @dpricenator and @WoodiE.

Anytime bro. I really want to see pics of those Skis on the truck, in the snow. They don't make them for the Kraton yet, but If they do, I want to try them out.

Mine arrived today and installed them on the Kraton/Bajr and the Typhon. Since it's sunny out I may just go run some r/c's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back