Kraton TBR Thrasher front bumper mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benbrik

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I just got a V3 Kraton and wanted to add TBR Thrasher front and rear bumpers. Anyone have instructions/videos on how to get these mounted? There are no instructions in the bag and I can't figure it out. Here's what I ordered, in case I got the wrong ones? TIA

10074 - TBR Thrasher Front Bumper -- Arrma Kraton / 6S / V2 / V3 2018

10018 - TBR 1/8 Wide Basher Rear Bumper -- ARRMA Kraton / 6S / V2 / V3 2018

I think I got it figured out. There were 3 pieces and I wasn't sure how it all fit together as the pieces looked different than what I was seeing in other videos, pics, etc. TBR has a video of the older bumper getting installed and it looks like a similar process but I wanted to see for sure. Very new to the hobby and want to make sure I was hooking it up correctly. I've just looked at the front one, not the back. I just thought as much talk as I've seen about these bumpers that someone would have a video/instructions/screenshots or something.

I only have a shot of when I submitted question to tbone about the bumper not fitting properly but I think you get the idea. Only part missing is bending the bumper back to screw the bracket in the bumper mount.

Attachments

• 20180302_212014.jpg
    20180302_212014.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 124
@Benbrik what are you getting stumped on? It's just a couple screws for each bumper...
I have ordered myself a front and rear, figured it out fine. But the support thing connecting to the top of the front bumper came with no screws that fit it... Will i have to go buy myself some screws that will fit?

I only have a shot of when I submitted question to tbone about the bumper not fitting properly but I think you get the idea. Only part missing is bending the bumper back to screw the bracket in the bumper mount.
The thing is they gave me no screws that will screw the bracket in the bumper mount. Do yours fit?

Yeah my package had the screws to mount the bracket in to the bumper mount. It isn't pre-threaded so you have to push hard and turn fast. A drill makes it easier.

Yeah my package had the screws to mount the bracket in to the bumper mount. It isn't pre-threaded so you have to push hard and turn fast. A drill makes it easier.
Mine seem like they are all to small and to big. Ill have a look again this arvo

I installed my front and rear bumpers yesterday and while they werent a direct precision fit, they do fit. Like Jrwalte said, the block isnt pre threaded so push hard and turn fast.

Hey guys!
I wanted to drop in and let you know that we're going to have the instruction video for the thrasher released soon! We had thought the video was published but it never got there. (My fault!)

I also want to acknowledge the other issues.
1. If you did not receive hardware or the parts' mounting holes were incorrect or they were not bent correctly, we were made aware of a variety of these issues. We have since gotten to the root of the problems and have been doubling down on our QC in both production and packaging.
2. We had a batch of thrasher braces that were sent out with the block holes drilled to M3's instead of the required M4's. We sent an email to all who received that batch letting them know that they can either drill the brace out to M4's or we can send them a new brace.

Thank you all for your support!
-T-Bone Racing

My T-Bone Racing V3 "Thrasher" front bumper upgrade on my Kraton. Although TBR's XV4 bumper looks maybe a bit nicer, it's even heavier than the Thrasher bumper. A strong & durable front bumper is a necessary upgrade for crash protection. I gave my new TBR bumper a real good bash yesterday with multiple crashes (end-overs, multiple cartwheels & a big nose dive after over correcting on a bad jump). The TBR bumper stood the BIG BASH test with no problems to report. The lifetime warranty is definitely a bonus. The fitment issues on the initial batch had some problems, but it looks like TBR has fixed these problems. My only gripe is the TBR bumper could be lighter...

IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2788.JPG

My TBR rear mud guard upgrade (fit was excellent and look very durable). Rear mud guards are a necessary upgrade, as rear of vehicle gets beat up very quickly (rocks off the front tires). The height & rear hub area protection is good for the TBR guards, but my only gripe is they could have more protection lengthwise (to the center diff):

IMG_2791.JPG

My RPM rear skid plate upgrade (only 11.0g + 1.4g more for the longer screws). This is a minimal weight increase & great upgrade for protection, as the underside of chassis "was" getting beat up very quickly:

IMG_2792.JPG

Last edited:
Both my tb racing' were a direct fit on my v3 kraton and on my v2 outcast.View attachment 17147 View attachment 17148
Is that the new or older XV4 bumper, as I see you did not have to remove the stock V3 Kraton bumper? TBR's new Thrasher bumper, mounts differently on my V3 Kraton, as I had to remove the stock bumper, as it mounts onto a block that TBR had some initial problems with, but understand this is all sorted out now. I put the Typhon bumper on my V3 Talion.

Don't forget your suspension spacer that's just below your bumper in the pic LOL

The stock kraton bumper is on my outcast because I ripped the front bumper off and sense the new tb v4 for the kraton has the block to retain the hinge pins. There was no need for the kraton stock front bumper and it works great on the outcast in place of the stock 1 and made it so I could install my tb bumper on the outcast.

I pulled the brace real quick to show how the v4 bumper mounts to the kraton.View attachment 17151
Nice. Thanks for the pic. It looks like TBR got the block correct for their new XV4 bumper.

I received one of the first V3 Thrasher bumpers sent out, and not sure if it was a prototype, but definitely some design problems. I had to dremel a lot out of the block just to mount the bumper, as the hinge pin holes did not line up at all (not even close). Furthermore, I needed to drill larger 4mm holes in the plate as this was also incorrect. Another big problem was the block is much too tall and will not allow quick diff changes. This sucks big time.

I'm not sure why, but it took a lot of e-mails & time to try and finally sort this out. I reported this issue to TBR on Feb.24th, over a month ago, and I'm still waiting for the correct block, which they said they have sent me. I also asked Nick at TBR 2x if the new block will still allow quick diff changes, but nothing back? Also no stickers even received? Not sure what has happened to quality control or their customer service, as I heard good things before...

Doesn't look too different from what the install video showed. A couple mm shorter maybe, but should still work fine once you tighten down those 4mm screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back