Kraton TBR Thrasher front bumper mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look too different from what the install video showed. A couple mm shorter maybe, but should still work fine once you tighten down those 4mm screws.
Yes, but once antigacho pulled the plate closer to the block and started the screws, the plate is now on an angle & looks like it is putting extra stress on the block, hinge pins, etc? Keep in mind, TBR did not use all 4 holes underneath on the chassis to mount their front bumper, as most other bumpers mount. Not sure why they only used the rear 2 holes, and not the front 2 holes under the chassis, as this would have made the bumper even more secure and spread the stress/impact more, especially in a crash? From what I can see, TBR should not have only designed the plate to be longer, but also used the front 2 chassis holes underneath to mount their bumper.

I should be receiving my new plate/block this week finally. I sure hope they send me the correct block this time and the plate fits better also? I trust that the new block will not be too tall and will still allow quick diff changes, as it will really suck if you have to remove the entire bumper, including the plate and block just to do this. I'm sure TBR would have at least thought of this when designing their bumper. I'm crossing my fingers, as I do not want to wait over a month again...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back