Outcast TD/Arrma - Diff Shims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
TD310475
AR709024

These have been backordered for more than 3 months!?!
I don't understand why they remain unavailable - they are just washers!
Can anyone recommend another brand that makes the same sizes?

TD310475 - 18x5x.2 (mm)
AR709024 - 18x5x.3 (mm)

Thanks guys.
So $24 in washers plus $ conversion and shipping, yikes!
Crazy expensive for washers, but looks like I have no choice.
Are they identified by size within the packaging, so you know which is the .2 and which is the .3?

I wonder what is causing the backorder on the Durango shims...is it me, or is it strange that something so simple and basic is so hard to come by??

So when you say you use 2 extra shims...you are adding an extra one at each end of the same shaft?
So in essence, one shaft has 2 shims (default set up), and the other shaft (the one you are adding shims too), has a total of 4 shims (2 original plus 2 Mugen)?
No, I don't use extra shims inside the diff. Some people use a total of 3 of the arrma shims per shaft, as seen an the TP Parts video. I prefer to have the same number of shims on each end of a shaft. Due to the thickness of the Mugen shims, I only use one on each end of the shafts.
The part of the thread where we were talking about additional shims we are referring to the external shims between the differential bearing and the differential housing. In that case I just shim for gear mesh. My rear didn't need any and the front needed a total of 3, yours could be different.

So when you say you use 2 extra shims...you are adding an extra one at each end of the same shaft?
So in essence, one shaft has 2 shims (default set up), and the other shaft (the one you are adding shims too), has a total of 4 shims (2 original plus 2 Mugen)?

No,you add one of the large shims to each planetary gear....2 total there.
You add one extra of the smaller shims to one side of the satellite gears.
ie. one satellite gear will have 2 shims and one will have 1 shim behind it....total of 3 shims for each set of sat. gears.

No,you add one of the large shims to each planetary gear....2 total there.
You add one extra of the smaller shims to one side of the satellite gears.
ie. one satellite gear will have 2 shims and one will have 1 shim behind it....total of 3 shims for each set of sat. gears.

Yes that I get, and that is the way Thomas P. explained it.
2:1, 2:1 for Sat Gears and 1 behind each planetary gear.
I now understand what slpcrf450x is saying.
He is just using 2 shims per shaft as it comes per default, but using Mugen shims instead as they are a little thicker than stock ones.

Looks like 1pack of Mugen E0206 should do the trick.
Availability - early April.

Thanks guys.
So $24 in washers plus $ conversion and shipping, yikes!
Crazy expensive for washers, but looks like I have no choice.
Are they identified by size within the packaging, so you know which is the .2 and which is the .3?

I wonder what is causing the backorder on the Durango shims...is it me, or is it strange that something so simple and basic is so hard to come by??
Durango haven't had them for ages. Yes it is crazy expensive and hard to get. I only use the planetary shims because the satellite gears are already done. I got 3 in total in the center diff and two in the rear. I wish I had ordered two packs so I can do the front. Shipping is more than the product sometimes:)

So it is. I bought 2 of the mugen/seiki washer sets on ebay. Each set costed about 10 dollar. Shipping was about 13 dollar to get it to Europe. Expensive shimming, right... I also use 1 large shim behind each planetary gear and 1 small mugen/seiki shim behind each satellite gear. 2 of those are still thicker than 3 TD shims (with the uneven shimming).

Could somebody post the dimensions and quantities of all shims needed to complete ALL OUTCAST DIFFS.

I want to do mine but cannot get them for reasonable price so will try to source something

Thanks

Curious if the diff's really need to be shimmed why Arrma in their yearly "Cash Grab's -- IE - V1, V2, V X...." did not do this as part of the update?

Curious if the diff's really need to be shimmed why Arrma in their yearly "Cash Grab's -- IE - V1, V2, V X...." did not do this as part of the update?
There are tons of guys who run their Arrma vehicles all the time and never bother to shim their diffs, Vas from Aussie Rc Playground is one of them. It all depends on how you drive it.

There are tons of guys who run their Arrma vehicles all the time and never bother to shim their diffs, Vas from Aussie Rc Playground is one of them. It all depends on how you drive it.
I’m hearing ya on the shims. It’s not fully necessary but does tighten them up. But I think Vas has so many rigs he never really runs one over and over long term like the real people that pay for there stuff. :):cool:

I think he pays for his name brand stuff, possibly at a discount and the cheap stuff from Hobbyking I'm betting he gets most of it for free.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back