Outcast TD330644 Shock end part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Anyone know the part number for the bit on the end of the shock. Broke it just now and need to search for a new one. Will this part work? Thanks guys

Team Durango TD330644 Ball Cups - Bumper And Body Mount Set

Temporary fix but it works.

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_165511.jpg
    IMG_20170613_165511.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 55
In the process of doing this myself. Building the MT410 opened my eyes to some better designs no doubt. Hoping to adapt 4mm shafts too if they'll fit stock Arrma shocks.
The 4mm shafts do fit, but you have to drill the shock body out larger and the plastic spacers between the o-rings will no longer fit. Those have to be drilled/adapted, also.

Wish I had of seen this last week when I ordered Shims from a (sorry the one ) Tekno dealer in Aus.:rolleyes:Does the .8mm make a difference in the shafts ?
I noticed no difference in handling.

Do they change the length at all?
I didn't measure them, but I'd be confident in saying no. I changed all of mine and the truck handles the same. If the length does change, it's so subtle I don't think you'd see a difference anyway.

Last edited:
The 4mm shafts do fit, but you have to drill the shock body out larger and the plastic spacers between the o-rings will no longer fit. Those have to be drilled/adapted, also.

I noticed no difference in handling.

I didn't measure them, but I'd be confident in saying no. I changed all of mine and the truck handles the same. If the length does change, it's so subtle I don't think you'd see a difference anyway.
Thanks so much guys for your feedback on this. I could've checked fitment stuff more with Arrma vs Tekno when doing my MT build, but have been busy lately and just wanted to get the kit built...Lol. Definitely upgrading my shafts and shock rod ends SOON. Figured I'd need to mod them a bit, but definitely worth doing. My Arrma fleet needs some tool time, hard BIG air bashing has caught up. Any suggestions on ESC upgrade??? 3 of my 4 BLX185 seem to be crapping out with broken set switches, 2 have no throttle after yesterdays bash...Lol. Thinking Hobbywing max 6 or 8???

Any suggestions on ESC upgrade??? 3 of my 4 BLX185 seem to be crapping out with broken set switches, 2 have no throttle after yesterdays bash...Lol. Thinking Hobbywing max 6 or 8???
Haven't yet needed to replace mine, but when I do I'll be looking at Castle systems. Both of my kids are running Castle and I'm more than impressed with them. It'll likely be the Mamba Monster 2 for me.

Haven't yet needed to replace mine, but when I do I'll be looking at Castle systems. Both of my kids are running Castle and I'm more than impressed with them. It'll likely be the Mamba Monster 2 for me.
May look at Castle combo, already been shopping around...Lol. Thanks bud.

As for the Tekno shafts the 122mm fronts are the same as Kraton fronts. The 137 rears are real close. The difference isn't noticeable. There is a picture in the thread about Tekno shock ends. I tried to post for you but phone won't let me. I'm happy with Tekno shocks so far. Those are the measurements though. Someone in one of the other threads ordered 107 for fronts and had to send them back. Good luck... Hey there are threads on this but I just fried my servo. You guys are talking electronics what are you running for servo?

As for the Tekno shafts the 122mm fronts are the same as Kraton fronts. The 137 rears are real close. The difference isn't noticeable. There is a picture in the thread about Tekno shock ends. I tried to post for you but phone won't let me. I'm happy with Tekno shocks so far. Those are the measurements though. Someone in one of the other threads ordered 107 for fronts and had to send them back. Good luck... Hey there are threads on this but I just fried my servo. You guys are talking electronics what are you running for servo?
I swapped for waterproof Savox sw1210sg and LOVE it. Not cheap, but super quick with plenty of Torque and great centering, very smooth too, no Glitch buster required.

Thanks very glad to hear. That's the exact one I been looking at. Do you run a BEC? It looked like if the Voltage is bumped up to 7.4 the torque is over 300.
I don't run an external BEC, still has plenty of torque without it at 6.0 but who knows maybe I'm missing out...Lol. Will say the servo is a great upgrade in performance and durability. I've stripped out 3 of my 4 original Arrma servos. They gently landed into one of my RC "death piles"...Lol.
IMG_20170703_171534585.jpg

Ordered these up and put them on the shocks.... then looked at them.... I'm gonna need bigger balls! Ahem..... What size are the ones I need anyone know?
I used my stock ones. Worked fine. Still using them today.

You're talking about these, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back