Team Associated Rival MT10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
It appears that Team Associated bought out some of Helions designs.

https://rcnewb.com/team-associated-rival-mt10-3s-capable-r-c-monster-truck/

Helion Avenge 10MT
Helion-Avenge-10MT-XLR-1_10-4WD-Monster-Truck-2.jpg

TeamAssociatedRivalMT10-2.jpg

Wheelie bar is a different design, the motor mount and suspension mounts are a different color and you get "Badlands" on Method wheels instead of "Trenchers" on "F-11" wheels.

That being said everything I saw on the Helion truck it looked great, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one knowing that Helion releases vehicles for a year or two then discontinues them. Well instead of discontinuing anything Helion just up and closed their doors this past fall and Gil Losi Jr went back to work for Losi.

So now I might just get one lol.

Looks to be on par with a granite 3s. I might pick one up on pre order.

Looks to be on par with a granite 3s. I might pick one up on pre order.
I would almost like to say that it's better as it has none leaky shocks and metal driveshafts.

Jaytee RC did a little sneak peek video and someone seriously commented wondering if Team Associated was on par with Traxxas and Arrma.......... I quite literally facepalmed.

This is great news for me. I bought a Helion Avenge right before they got discontinued for $199. I can't tell you how much I love this truck, and now I get part support again. Woot!!!!

I bought one of the brushed ones for $149. I had my own brushless stuff I wanted to put in it. It is an awesome truck. I like my Granite more but having a center diff vs a slipper in the Granite just makes the Avenge more fun to drive. I have not used it as much because of parts availability possibly becoming an issue. But with the Rival MT10 coming out the Helion Avenge can live on. Woo-hoo!!

VWyD4Fa.jpg

I just bought my Granite tell me why the MT10 is inferior pretty please. Because i'm really liking what i'm seeing.

It appears that Team Associated bought out some of Helions designs.

https://rcnewb.com/team-associated-rival-mt10-3s-capable-r-c-monster-truck/

Helion Avenge 10MT
View attachment 61124

View attachment 61125

Wheelie bar is a different design, the motor mount and suspension mounts are a different color and you get "Badlands" on Method wheels instead of "Trenchers" on "F-11" wheels.

That being said everything I saw on the Helion truck it looked great, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one knowing that Helion releases vehicles for a year or two then discontinues them. Well instead of discontinuing anything Helion just up and closed their doors this past fall and Gil Losi Jr went back to work for Losi.

So now I might just get one lol.
I guess that they are using the same supplier as the Kaiju, because some of the parts look very similar to the Redcat KAIJU. Interesting. Even the front bumper. I could be wrong though. Nice looking truck.

I guess that they are using the same supplier as the Kaiju, because some of the parts look very similar to the Redcat KAIJU. Interesting. Even the front bumper. I could be wrong though. Nice looking truck.
Yes very similar but no bulkhead support and uses universal links in the out drives, no center diff... I would go with the redcat for a little more money.

Did anyone on this thread pick up the MT10? I'd like to know there thoughts on one. I am on the fence on getting either the Rival MT10 OR the ProLine MT 4x4. I've seen videos of both, and they both have there fair share of breakages. Although, I am more suprised that the PLMT4x4 has more breakages in various areas considering how "high-quality" its suppose to be. And I know it only comes as a roller. I've collected enough spare parts to get one running.

I know that value-wise, the Rival is probably the better choice because its completely RTR. That body design looks killer too.
But I am attracted to the material quality of the PLMT4x4. Specifically badlands wheels and the clear lexan body.

I really love my Granite, but looking for an alternative.

Just got mine yesterday and built a ramp for it. What a blast and beast on 3s. Pulled consecutive backflips out of the box, nice grippy tires , yes they do balloon but not severely bad. I think it needs to get some better shock oil but other then that fit and finish are great! No broken arms either and I hit the front end pretty hard. Love the truck so far , definetly impressed

Great truck, I have a bunch of videos on it. Full review:

Better than a Granite? Well, it's made a lot better, but not as durable IMO.

Back