Team Associated Rival MT10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have owned a TA MT10 v2 for almost a year a now and have been very disappointed since I seem to have received the only one sold ever that cannot do wheelies on 3S even with properly managed good brand high discharge 3S batteries brand new. Really sucks to spend that kind of money only to find out I’ll literally never need the wheelie bar unless I replace essentially a brand new part that came on the car…

It also seems to be slower than my friend’s MT10 who bought the same day, from the same place, and has the same batteries, his wheelies all the time. Thought I’d post about it since I seem to be the first person to ever have this issue…
Have you tried recalibrating the throttle? Maybe it's not getting full throttle?
I just had the Hoss out for some snow and ice action yesterday. Ran great, wheelies too much, LOL.

I have owned a TA MT10 v2 for almost a year a now and have been very disappointed since I seem to have received the only one sold ever that cannot do wheelies on 3S even with properly managed good brand high discharge 3S batteries brand new. Really sucks to spend that kind of money only to find out I’ll literally never need the wheelie bar unless I replace essentially a brand new part that came on the car…

It also seems to be slower than my friend’s MT10 who bought the same day, from the same place, and has the same batteries, his wheelies all the time. Thought I’d post about it since I seem to be the first person to ever have this issue…

Like @KnowAir mentioned I would try a throttle recalibration.
Motor or esc could be bad but hard to tell over the internet.

Like @KnowAir mentioned I would try a throttle recalibration.
Motor or esc could be bad but hard to tell over the internet.
I was going to suggest checking esc settings as well. Are the AE esc's locked out for adjustments? I seem to recall reading that the Reedy rtr esc's were non adjustable. I may be wrong.

I was going to suggest checking esc settings as well. Are the AE esc's locked out for adjustments? I seem to recall reading that the Reedy rtr esc's were non adjustable. I may be wrong.
No adjustments on the Reedy esc. You can calibrate the throttle and disable lvc that is all.

1707175164502.png

1707175198447.png

Have you tried recalibrating the throttle? Maybe it's not getting full throttle?
I just had the Hoss out for some snow and ice action yesterday. Ran great, wheelies too much, LOL.
So some things I can try, my buddy is going to bring his car and batteries, I am currently using a bridge cable between the battery and ESC that lets my RC8X tell how much battery is left in car but maybe that is bottlenecking it? Will definitely try throttle calibration, also not sure if RC8X settings are part of the problem too because I know you can adjust throttle curve in there and stock it is set to be very linear. Will try some things and report back if they work this weekend.

Appreciate the suggestions and support!

So some things I can try, my buddy is going to bring his car and batteries, I am currently using a bridge cable between the battery and ESC that lets my RC8X tell how much battery is left in car but maybe that is bottlenecking it? Will definitely try throttle calibration, also not sure if RC8X settings are part of the problem too because I know you can adjust throttle curve in there and stock it is set to be very linear. Will try some things and report back if they work this weekend.

If you haven't recalibrated the throttle as others have suggested.... start there. It could easily be your entire problem as you need a correct upper end point to get full speed.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the linearness of the RC8X, which would closely mimic the way the stock controller reacts to a trigger pull.

You’re using an RC8X? Yeah that’s your problem right there, anytime you change the radio you need to recalibrate the ESC.

You’re using an RC8X? Yeah that’s your problem right there, anytime you change the radio you need to recalibrate the ESC.
It didn’t seem as fast as my buddy’s when we first opened the box and tested them out, but I’ll go back and test it more systematically; I don’t think I ever calibrated ESC on stock remote though so will check that first before anything else; and I could’ve sworn I calibrated ESC after installing new radio but might be misremembering

For what it’s worth I wasn’t expecting a response so I’m very grateful for the feedback. May get an Arrma for my next car if the community support is this good!

I didn't even realize you were using a replacement radio. Definitely try recalibrating first, easiest thing. As far as the RC8X, I have no Radiolink experience, but make sure your throttle is set to 100% for starters. Others with Radiolink experience can help you there. AF is the best forum I ever come acrossed!!👍👌🍻

I took that bridge cable out and made my own hard wired connection, that contraption they include is just a problem waiting to happen.

I took that bridge cable out and made my own hard wired connection, that contraption they include is just a problem waiting to happen.
I tried recalibrating and that wasn’t issue, the issue was definitely the bridge cable from RC8X. It must have been limiting the total draw from the battery too much, it wheelies all the time now. Thanks everyone!!

Back