Team Associated Rival MT10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldish thread I know but I just pulled the trigger on the MT10 ... F excited just had to tell someone 🤪🤪🤪

Good truck, double check that your sway bars aren’t cranked down all the way.

It's a very durable little truck. And it has a CENTER DIFFERENTIAL. I absolutely hate the slipper clutch.

I love my 3s Arrmas but it was time for a change. The centre diff I'm looking forward too
Good truck, double check that your sway bars aren’t cranked down all the way.

Thanks will do. It was a toss up between this and the Granite and I know you rated the Granite over the MT10 but I already have enough Arrma 3s cars. You said it handled really well, that I'm looking forward too.

I love my 3s Arrmas but it was time for a change. The centre diff I'm looking forward too

Thanks will do. It was a toss up between this and the Granite and I know you rated the Granite over the MT10 but I already have enough Arrma 3s cars. You said it handled really well, that I'm looking forward too.

Yeah, it handles better than the Granite. I think they fixed the arms. With the price increase on the Granite, the fix on the arms, drop in quality on Arrma plastics, the Rival is probably a better buy now.

Yeah, it handles better than the Granite. I think they fixed the arms. With the price increase on the Granite, the fix on the arms, drop in quality on Arrma plastics, the Rival is probably a better buy now.

Be sweet if they have fixed the arms. Tomley gave it a good bash at a skate park and it took it! I ordered a set of RPM front arms just in case. Getting pretty excited about this one.

I can't remember if the Helion had the a arm issues.

My only experience with a MT10 was bashing against one at the field. His stock motor ran very hot. Smelled like it was burning up. I told him to let it cool down. He couldn't keep up with my 6s Kraton.:LOL:
I always had a leaning toward the MT8. Long gone.

My only experience with a MT10 was bashing against one at the field. His stock motor ran very hot. Smelled like it was burning up. I told him to let it cool down. He couldn't keep up with my 6s Kraton.:LOL:
I always had a leaning toward the MT8. Long gone.
I blame Thunder Tiger for that. The Associated Rival and MGT were probably some of their best selling rtrs.

Thinder Tiger is the only reason I am not a TA fan boy any longer. So I went to Arrma.

Mines arrived, on the only week day I actualy have to go into work. Unboxing and a quick fang within a couple of hours. 🤟🤟💯⚡🖐

Read - 56 year old man acting like a teenager.
Apparently it didn't. Folks were replacing MT10 A arms with Helion ones because they were stronger.

I ordered a set of RPM front arms just incase.

First run of the MT10 tonight. Quite a little beast. Not as powerful as my Arrma 3s rigs but I knew that before purchasing. The short wheelbase will take a bit of getting use to.

But it's tough. Took a couple of big nose hits off my ramp as well as several cartwheels that tested the A arms.

Screenshot_20210922-194608_Video Player.jpg

No, they were fine. I'm actually running Helion arms on my Rival MT10 and they've been holding up.
Thinder Tiger is the only reason I am not a TA fan boy any longer. So I went to Arrma.

To be fair, Associated plastics and metal quality has been very good the last few years since they moved production to Taiwan. Prices went up like 25% though. :cry:

Update on the MT10 totally awesome! After a months use, over 40 battery packs I'm very impressed with this rig. It's held up to the riggers of my driving easily as well as an Arrma 3s (better IMO but that's another story). Only a single shock and broken front sway bar to report.

The build quality is very high. I love it so much I'm getting the short course variant. The SC10 Pro.

I am definitely enjoying my MT10 now that I got it running. I’m also very impressed with the team associated warranty process, it was easy and quick. They had a new steering assembly to me, including a servo, within a few days. They also replaced the one C clamp that broke because he ‘had an extra one laying around’.

It’s light and quick so it’s my favorite car to run at the playground while chasing my kid. When I accidentally hit her with it, it doesn’t hurt as bad as the granite or vorteks she said Unfortunately I am often running into play ground poles that fit perfectly between the bumper and the wheel (which is how I broke the c-clamp). So I picked up a T-bone bumper for the Helion. I mounted it directly on top of the stock bumper, keeping the lights, and it fills the gap between the stock bumper and tires nicely.

I also lightly shoe gooed the body and put on a few proline skid protectors that I had. Lastly I bought some extra parts…Front and rear RPM arms as well as couple sets of c-clamps (one TA and one Helion). I am planning on taking it to the skate park soon. I know it can fly and I want to be able to replace what I break quickly. I hate waiting for parts 🙃

I'm envious how easily you can get parts or have access to warranty claims. I'm still waiting on the RPM arms I ordered 6 weeks ago. Will replace the one I broke with stock for now.

I'm envious how easily you can get parts or have access to warranty claims. I'm still waiting on the RPM arms I ordered 6 weeks ago. Will replace the one I broke with stock for now.
Yeah… I thought ‘doh’ after posting that thinking you SOL often. Sorry man… if I had a Star Trek thingy I’d send you a set.

Back