Team corally 2022 XTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back from the first run and I am loving how good the turning is. The center diff is light so the front tires are diffing out. Need to heavy that up some but it could be something that contributes to the quick handling. Had a good time with it and got to show it to a few others at the same time. Happy with the purchase so far!
Hurricane

Got back from the first run and I am loving how good the turning is. The center diff is light so the front tires are diffing out. Need to heavy that up some but it could be something that contributes to the quick handling. Had a good time with it and got to show it to a few others at the same time. Happy with the purchase so far!
Hurricane
What are you thinking for center? I am doing the 7075 diffs tomorrow. I am probably going to leave the front and rear fluid stock. I want it to handle and turn well.

The manual says 100,000cps for bashing and that's what they say is installed from the factory. If that is equal to 100K then I am torn. My quick fix would be to go to 500K and forget about it, but maybe trying 300K might be a chance to fix the diff out without loosing handling. It really doesn't cost that much time/$ to change it out if 300K doesn't work. Maybe a slower progression would help make sure that I am heading the right way until there are lots of others sharing their set ups.

Hurricane

The manual says 100,000cps for bashing and that's what they say is installed from the factory. If that is equal to 100K then I am torn. My quick fix would be to go to 500K and forget about it, but maybe trying 300K might be a chance to fix the diff out without loosing handling. It really doesn't cost that much time/$ to change it out if 300K doesn't work. Maybe a slower progression would help make sure that I am heading the right way until there are lots of others sharing their set ups.

Hurricane
I'm guessing you're running 6s? I think 100 to 200k is good for 4s where keeping the front on the ground is desired. Some diffing out, but you can't steer when it's pointed at the sky😁
But for 6s, I think 300k would be a good place to start. I'm stock on a 21 xtr running 4s w/TC motor/esc. It will wheelie occasionally, but I prefer to keep the nose down for handling.
I picked up a wheelie bar from JRC for the xtr just in case I decide to start running 6s. Can't remember which rig it was off of though..$16 or so, it's beefy looking.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're running 6s? I think 100 to 200k is good for 4s where keeping the front on the ground is desired. Some diffing out, but you can't steer when it's pointed at the sky😁
But for 6s, I think 300k would be a good place to start. I'm stock on a 21 xtr running 4s w/TC motor/esc. It will wheelie occasionally, but I prefer to keep the nose down for handling.
I picked up a wheelie bar from JRC for the xtr just in case I decide to start running 6s. Can't remember which rig it was off of though..$16 or so, it's beefy looking.
Thanks for the input. Yes I am running 6S so I will start with 300K. The funny thing is that I haven't updated the diff fluid in my '21 XTR but don't have as much diff-ing out. On 6S you have to be smooth on the throttle to keep from doing wheelies. (often not getting full throttle on straights) On my '21 the first thing I did was a mild pull but it still immediately flipped on it's roof. When I let people try it I warn them to be careful on the throttle.

With the added strength in the '22 I will probably jump it harder than I did with the '21. The '21 will still do duty in bash races when I can fit it in the rotation. Sunday's bash I brought 7 trucks and drove 3.
Hurricane

Thanks for the input. Yes I am running 6S so I will start with 300K. The funny thing is that I haven't updated the diff fluid in my '21 XTR but don't have as much diff-ing out. On 6S you have to be smooth on the throttle to keep from doing wheelies. (often not getting full throttle on straights) On my '21 the first thing I did was a mild pull but it still immediately flipped on it's roof. When I let people try it I warn them to be careful on the throttle.

With the added strength in the '22 I will probably jump it harder than I did with the '21. The '21 will still do duty in bash races when I can fit it in the rotation. Sunday's bash I brought 7 trucks and drove 3.
Hurricane
My guess is TC either used thinner fluid or didn't completely fill the center diff on the '22? Did you check it? Not uncommon for diffs to be less than full in my experience.
I never worry too much about whether they're completely full. Some fluid is all that's needed to lubricate, but surely performance will suffer.
7 rigs?! That's a haul right there😃.. I think I have 6 or 7 that are ready to go at any given time but since I'm a hermit I don't take them anywhere. Just bash at home, sometimes my brother comes over with a pile of rigs. It does get boring bashing solo tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back