Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow they upgraded a lot of stuff.

Yes, in one point of view it is a good thing. But all the customers who have believe in Corally and have bought the first version of any of their 1/8 can feel that they have payed to be Corally beta tester. No way you can upgrade the first version of any 1/8 without having to put lot of money, even with the not really free service pack 2. Too much things have been changed. So, the first versions which are claim to be the toughest on the planet definitely weren't and are total crap.

Imagine that for the same price than the V1, in the new version you have :
- Upgraded a-arms
- Upgraded drive cup.
- Upgraded center diff.
- Upgraded chassis braces.
- Upgraded wheely bar.
- Upgraded links.
- Upgraded steering servo.
- Upgraded wing mount.
- Upgraded steering plate and front upper a-arms mount.

In the service pack 2, to upgrade the V1, that you have to pay you have :
- Upgraded wing mount
- Upgraded steering plate (no upgraded upper a-arms mount)
- Upgraded a-arms.
- Upgraded drive cup.
- Upgraded steering links (but not the last version)
- Uprgaded chassis braces.
- No new servo, no new center diff, no new links, no skid plates....

And because the parts were weak on the V1 i had to buy more parts than the service pack 2 parts. A new chassis plate, a new rear center drive shaft. A total money pit. Total bill : more than 700€ for the Kronos V1. And at this price it doesn't have all the upgraded parts. Thank you Corally, there will never be a second time. And the cherry on the cake, even with all these upgrades i don't think this make their chassis really better.

But, when i see the price of the last Arrma, the V5, i find them really over priced too now. I'm really happy to have my Kraton V2, at the price i payed it, and the Kraton EXB. But i will never buy a V5.

Last edited:
Yes, in one point of view it is a good thing. But all the customers who have believe in Corally and have bought the first version of any of their 1/8 can feel that they have payed to be Corally beta tester. No way you can upgrade the first version of any 1/8 without having to put lot of money, even with the not really free service pack 2. Too much things have been changed. So, the first versions which are claim to be the toughest on the planet definitely weren't and are total crap.

Imagine that for the same price than the V1, in the new version you have :
- Upgraded a-arms
- Upgraded drive cup.
- Upgraded center diff.
- Upgraded chassis braces.
- Upgraded wheely bar.
- Upgraded links.
- Upgraded steering servo.
- Upgraded wing mount.
- Upgraded steering plate and front upper a-arms mount.

In the service pack 2, to upgrade the V1, that you have to pay you have :
- Upgraded wing mount
- Upgraded steering plate (no upgraded upper a-arms mount)
- Upgraded a-arms.
- Upgraded drive cup.
- Upgraded steering links (but not the last version)
- Uprgaded chassis braces.
- No new servo, no new center diff, no new links, no skid plates....

And because the parts were weak on the V1 i had to buy more parts than the service pack 2 parts. A new chassis plate, a new rear center drive shaft. A total money pit. Total bill : more than 700€ for the Kronos V1. And at this price it doesn't have all the upgraded parts. Thank you Corally, there will never be a second time. And the cheery on the cake, even with all these upgrades i don't think this make their chassis really better.

Just goes to show how little testing they actually did with those things before they got released. And I really hate to have to beta test stuff. Video games are starting to be like this, buy a game on release day and it's full of glitches and bugs *cough Cyberpunk 2077 cough*. It usually takes numerous patches and about a year to fix most of the issues.

Just goes to show how little testing they actually did with those things before they got released. And I really hate to have to beta test stuff. Video games are starting to be like this, buy a game on release day and it's full of glitches and bugs *cough Cyberpunk 2077 cough*. It usually takes numerous patches and about a year to fix most of the issues.

The first time i saw this kind of things was with a Yamaha CD writer arround 1995. The product didn't work well and needed software update. I thought at this time, oh well, now they can sell things they don't have really tested....bad. And watch how it is nowadays, every single software need to be updated. So, for sure corally didn't really tested their "toughest on the planet" before sell them, really shameful. So, we can also think the same things about their 1/10 or 1/12 race cars, did they really test them before saying they have better performance than the previous version?

I know that a french corally "ambassador" received the new a-arms design to test them (he also rezceived the Kronos for free), but as he said that the Kronos was good from the begining (many things breaks but it is a good car, even better than arrma, from what he said), i don't think he is the best tester :ROFLMAO:

I remember the time when designer made electric house fournitures, washing mashine, oven, tv...to last at least ten years, it was a kind of brand image, good quality. Now it is the law which force them to have a 2 years waranted in EU and you have to pay more if you want more warranted years.

Last edited:
Add to that COD: Cold War when it first launched lol. And seriously ya. I sold my V1 Kronos. Just too much money and not getting a lot of run time and parts were harder to get. I went with a Mugen MBX8T eco I bought slightly used and the quality and durability is there. It’s amazing what a little research and development does over time for these cars! And I think I’ll be buying a Kraton 8S finally now with all the updates to it since original

The first time i saw this kind of things was with a Yamaha CD writer arround 1995. The product didn't work well and needed software update. I thought at this time, oh well, now they can sell things they don't have really tested....bad. And watch how it is nowadays, every single software need to be updated. So, for sure corally didn't really tested their "toughest on the planet" before sell them, really shameful. So, we can also think the same things about their 1/10 or 1/12 race cars, did they really test them before saying they have better performance than the previous version?

I know that a french corally "ambassador" received the new a-arms design to test them (he also rezceived the Kronos for free), but as he said that the Kronos was good from the begining (many things breaks but it is a good car, even better than arrma, from what he said), i don't think he is the best tester :ROFLMAO:

I remember the time when designer made electric house fournitures, washing mashine, oven, tv...to last at least ten years, it was a kind of brand image, good quality. Now it is the law which force them to have a 2 years waranted in EU and you have to pay more if you want more warranted years.

I think they rushed the 1/8 scale stuff to the market to make the holiday shopping season.

Are you talking Corally or Arrma? Arrma EXB in Europe anybody? EXB rear diff anybody?
Let me summarize EXB over here
(1) you make customers pay for the car (upfront full payment) and then ship it, if you feel so. Some have paid full price first week (including me) of June and received their EXBs early December. In between HorizonHobby commented "we don't know when your car will be shipped"
(2) rear diff issues well known (besides other, let me call "interesting" design solutions on the car)
(3) you completely ignore your customers, especially the ones who ended up with broken diffs on the first battery pack.
(4) you release a video on youtube "how to build a bullet proof diff" and even point out which (pricey) spare parts you need to buy to fix design and quality issues. Only problem remaining: the spare parts needed are not available in Europe. BTW same also for Mojave parts. Try to get a set of tires/wheels for a Mojave in Europe .... Driving an Arrma over here feels like having a Moskvitch some 30+ years ago in Soviet Union: you most likely had to buy parts when they are available and not when you need them

I do have an EXB and I do have a Corally Dementor V1. My Dementor had some issues with the ESC (Hobbywing clone) but it had none of the issues the now 20 pages complain about. Besides the front A-Arms I'm still running everything V1. And compare Corally Service to Arrma EXB: Corally ships the cars with the small service pack and the big service pack you get for 35,- €. Compare that to the many M2C and other parts you need on the EXB (rear wing mount anybody?). But again, my Corally Service packs are still wrapped and unpacked, as you simply don't need them.

You want a car that is tested before getting sold? Where spareparts are available at decent prices? There is this one brand starting with a T and double XX in the middle. I own also do own an e-Revo V1.0 I bought pre-owned. This car did get by far the most run-time of my rigs this summer and guess what: zero defects. It takes a real hard beating. Bad landing with the e-Revo on the rear wing after a jump? So what? Bad landing on the rear wing with the EXB? Buy new wing mounts. Bad landing on the rear wing / wheelie bar with the Dementor? Wheelie Bar axle bent.

Are you talking Corally or Arrma? Arrma EXB in Europe anybody? EXB rear diff anybody?
Let me summarize EXB over here
(1) you make customers pay for the car (upfront full payment) and then ship it, if you feel so. Some have paid full price first week (including me) of June and received their EXBs early December. In between HorizonHobby commented "we don't know when your car will be shipped"
(2) rear diff issues well known (besides other, let me call "interesting" design solutions on the car)
(3) you completely ignore your customers, especially the ones who ended up with broken diffs on the first battery pack.
(4) you release a video on youtube "how to build a bullet proof diff" and even point out which (pricey) spare parts you need to buy to fix design and quality issues. Only problem remaining: the spare parts needed are not available in Europe. BTW same also for Mojave parts. Try to get a set of tires/wheels for a Mojave in Europe .... Driving an Arrma over here feels like having a Moskvitch some 30+ years ago in Soviet Union: you most likely had to buy parts when they are available and not when you need them

I do have an EXB and I do have a Corally Dementor V1. My Dementor had some issues with the ESC (Hobbywing clone) but it had none of the issues the now 20 pages complain about. Besides the front A-Arms I'm still running everything V1. And compare Corally Service to Arrma EXB: Corally ships the cars with the small service pack and the big service pack you get for 35,- €. Compare that to the many M2C and other parts you need on the EXB (rear wing mount anybody?). But again, my Corally Service packs are still wrapped and unpacked, as you simply don't need them.

You want a car that is tested before getting sold? Where spareparts are available at decent prices? There is this one brand starting with a T and double XX in the middle. I own also do own an e-Revo V1.0 I bought pre-owned. This car did get by far the most run-time of my rigs this summer and guess what: zero defects. It takes a real hard beating. Bad landing with the e-Revo on the rear wing after a jump? So what? Bad landing on the rear wing with the EXB? Buy new wing mounts. Bad landing on the rear wing / wheelie bar with the Dementor? Wheelie Bar axle bent.

I have the Kronos V1 (i was one of the first buyer in EU, so no service pack available during months, must have to pay the shipping cost and there is not so much parts in the "free" service pack) and the Kraton EXB (and also a Kraton V2), i can't compare the issue with the EXB diff. to the mutliple issues with the Kronos, i have even less issues with my Kraton V2 (which doesn't have that much upgrades compared to the V1) than the Kronos V1, the "toughest car on the planet" from what said Corally. There is a big difference between the EXB diff. issue that Arrma listenend and resolved pretty fast out of the COVID issue which made the spares availability issue, and the multiple issues on the Kronos. With the Kronos, so much parts have been changed between the V1 and V2 after 10 months, but what Corally said to their customers first ; "driver error" lol, then they changed at least 50% of the parts (they even broke the wing mount in their own bashing video, every body saw this, then they removed the sequence in the video to hide the issue to those who didn't see this yet). I must have to wait months to see new parts for my Kronos, i'm not crazy enough to put parts that i know they will fail again, lost of time and money. There is a reason why Corally did all these upgrades, if their cars were so good and durable they wouldn't have done all these upgrades so fast. You don't have problem with the Dementor, good for you (i also don't have issues with Tamiya cars but i don't compare them to other 1/8 durability), but i repeat, Corally did so many upgrades, not for you indeed, but from many other feedbacks from many other users, who were beta testers on their own money.

You talk about the wing mount on the Kraton? On the Kronos V1 it will break even faster, and then the rear center brace was so weak that you will bend the chassis plate and the rear center dog bone. And the bending angle you will have on the chassis of the Kronos V1 is even not comparable than when an Arrma chassis plate bend. This doesn't happened to me only, and same with the Dementor, no need a big jump with pretty hard bad landing to bend the chassis very badly compared to an Arrma. I bought my kraton V2 (band new) + few uphrades for less than i payed the Kronos V1 (which is even worst with the service pack and the breakages i had).

I don't even want to hear about the E-revo V1 lol.

I can't get any parts i want for my EXB from overseas for less than i will pay parts for my Corally in EU.

Last edited:
the EXB diff. issue that Arrma listenend and resolved pretty fast out of the COVID issue which made the spares availability issue,
which fix do you mean? Arrma spare parts number? I bought my EXB from a local hobby shop so the LHS is my contracting party. And still to this day, Arrma tells those guys, that there is basically no diff issue.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to defend Corally or say Corally is better than Arrma, because to me both cases are exactly comparable. And both seem to be the name-of-the-game in the 2020s: you design a product in a rush, do upfront marketing via all sorts of social media with influencers using big words ("big shout-out to ...") and use the even bigger marketing words to promote your product. But the product being designed in a rush leads to over-promising and under-delivering. And we as consumer basically confirm to the companies, they are right in doing so, because we buy their products (with full-upfront payment), the community fixes the issues for them (don't tell me Arrma did big R&D on the diff fixes) and they even get cheered for this.
You could extend the list with non-RC-world companies further. E.g. Sonos: weekly bugfixes introducing new bugs or re-introducing bugs, that have been fixed

My lessons learned from the EXB experience: I will never ever buy a V1 of any car again. I will never ever do an upfront payment again. If a new car comes out, I will keep calm and wait for others to be the guinea pig.

which fix do you mean? Arrma spare parts number? I bought my EXB from a local hobby shop so the LHS is my contracting party. And still to this day, Arrma tells those guys, that there is basically no diff issue.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to defend Corally or say Corally is better than Arrma, because to me both cases are exactly comparable. And both seem to be the name-of-the-game in the 2020s: you design a product in a rush, do upfront marketing via all sorts of social media with influencers using big words ("big shout-out to ...") and use the even bigger marketing words to promote your product. But the product being designed in a rush leads to over-promising and under-delivering. And we as consumer basically confirm to the companies, they are right in doing so, because we buy their products (with full-upfront payment), the community fixes the issues for them (don't tell me Arrma did big R&D on the diff fixes) and they even get cheered for this.
You could extend the list with non-RC-world companies further. E.g. Sonos: weekly bugfixes introducing new bugs or re-introducing bugs, that have been fixed

My lessons learned from the EXB experience: I will never ever buy a V1 of any car again. I will never ever do an upfront payment again. If a new car comes out, I will keep calm and wait for others to be the guinea pig.
The same thing goes for real cars too, never buy a new model car the first year it is in production.

The same thing goes for real cars too, never buy a new model car the first year it is in production.
yep, eventually true.

But let me give you two comparisons of Corally vs. Arrma from my last 5 days experience (so very recent and all my experience).

Corally: I bought a Corally Python incl. Service Pack 1. Got delivered just before new years day. I registered the car with Corally on their website and not even 24hours later, I had an email saying, they are happy to ship (another) Service Pack 1 for free to me or I can get the Service Pack 2 with 77% of discount and sending me my individual discount code.

Arrma: I'm waiting for weeks now for the Diff gaskets of the EXB to become available. Most shops said available on 4th January. Then on 4th January, availability slipped to 5th January. On 5th January availability went to "unknown date". So I wrote an email to Arrma using their email adress they specify for non-US customers asking where and when this gasket becomes available. Reply was an automatic email basically saying they're not responsible I shall rather contact HorizonHobby Germany. They also gave the link to the website to use. I tried that link. Result: "404 - page not found". Next best tip from Arrma email was, I should contact my local hobby store, where I bought the car. Hmmmm.... availability unkown rings a bell or what do the guys think whom I contacted first? My EXB is down since weeks waiting for this gasket and looks like I have limited hope of running it anytime soon. I could buy a complete diff for the mere price of ~65,- € to get a hold of a gasket....

yep, eventually true.

But let me give you two comparisons of Corally vs. Arrma from my last 5 days experience (so very recent and all my experience).

Corally: I bought a Corally Python incl. Service Pack 1. Got delivered just before new years day. I registered the car with Corally on their website and not even 24hours later, I had an email saying, they are happy to ship (another) Service Pack 1 for free to me or I can get the Service Pack 2 with 77% of discount and sending me my individual discount code.

Arrma: I'm waiting for weeks now for the Diff gaskets of the EXB to become available. Most shops said available on 4th January. Then on 4th January, availability slipped to 5th January. On 5th January availability went to "unknown date". So I wrote an email to Arrma using their email adress they specify for non-US customers asking where and when this gasket becomes available. Reply was an automatic email basically saying they're not responsible I shall rather contact HorizonHobby Germany. They also gave the link to the website to use. I tried that link. Result: "404 - page not found". Next best tip from Arrma email was, I should contact my local hobby store, where I bought the car. Hmmmm.... availability unkown rings a bell or what do the guys think whom I contacted first? My EXB is down since weeks waiting for this gasket and looks like I have limited hope of running it anytime soon. I could buy a complete diff for the mere price of ~65,- € to get a hold of a gasket....
Horizon Hobby service over there is basically non existent.

I've heard horror stories from a lot of guys in Europe getting the run around from Horizon.
Yes correct, but if you order directly from them it’s much better, They helped me very well sorting out some issues with my Proboat Veles props.

Yes correct, but if you order directly from them it’s much better, They helped me very well sorting out some issues with my Proboat Veles props.
Most of the guys I have talked to ordered it from their local hobby shop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back