Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a video few hours ago, on a K8S and Limitless on 12s, in a shop in Florida, at the beginning we can see a Kronos laying on a "stand" and after, when the guys are talking about the two beast on 12s, we can see a guy taking a Kronos box behind them and go away to the cashier ^^.

The guy thought he was buying a Kraton ?

To be honest if money was not an issue I would probably buy every single one I saw just because.
Whats making people upset is the body and names from team corally is just stupid. Python typhon kronos kraton like cmon don't make something obvious. They could have named their cars completly differant and nobody would have compared them to arrma but they decided to go with those names and they got this.I like the shogun tho
The kraton body fits the kronos and so forth

Not possible that he doesn't see the difference between a big red toad and a Kraton, or he really need some glasses.
IMO If you are new into RC you can easily miss the fact that it is a different brand, they can look pretty similar to newbie's eyes xD

Last edited:

IMO If you are new into RC you can easily miss the fact that it is a different brand, they can look pretty similar to newbie's eyes xD
People can defend it all they want but there is no denying the naming and box art is a so similar it's comical ? really not sure why they went that route.

55A29F87-4BF2-491D-803D-145B028B3259.gif

Whats making people upset is the body and names from team corally is just stupid. Python typhon kronos kraton like cmon don't make something obvious. They could have named their cars completly differant and nobody would have compared them to arrma but they decided to go with those names and they got this.I like the shogun tho
You weren't around when the Force Rc 1/8th scales hit the market. Even if they would have called them Pixy Dust and Dog Turd people still would have called them an Arrma copy.

As any truggy bodies on a truggy :LOL:

Actually they don't directly fit.

You weren't around when the Force Rc 1/8th scales hit the market.

I remember :LOL: Those 1/8 were far to be close from Arrma or Corally, they were FS Racing chassis and some people compared them to Arrma. My FS Racing E9.5 has many parts compatible with Hobao. If you want an aluminum chassis which bend at the first "big" jump without doing a bad landing, buy the FS Racing E9.5 :LOL:

At this time, Horizon Hobby did like Hobbyking, after less than 2 years, the Force RC cars were no more on the market already.

As any truggy bodies on a truggy :LOL:

Actually they don't directly fit.

I remember :LOL: Those 1/8 were far to be close from Arrma or Corally, they were FS Racing chassis and some people compared them to Arrma. My FS Racing E9.5 has many parts compatible with Hobao. If you want an aluminum chassis which bend at the first "big" jump without doing a bad landing, buy the FS Racing E9.5 :LOL:

At this time, Horizon Hobby did like Hobbyking, after less than 2 years, the Force RC cars were no more on the market already.
I don't even think they were on the market that long, I think it was like 6 months then they had a firesale.

I already know that some will have pleasure when watching this photo :LOL:
DSC06948.jpg

Too soft plastic you say? Hey, it hasn't broken! :LOL:

Obviously, rear dog bone is bent as for the chassis plate and if you watch closely you will see that the center diff. outdrive is broken too.

Kraton 1 - Kronos 0 :LOL:

I'm not very conviced by these graphite reinforcements. I did a research about graphite, and it not seems to be the strongest carbon fiber but the more brittle. I would prefer see this center brace made in aluminum.

But, a good point is that both shock tower are straight. The bad point is that this kronos will stay on a shelf for a moment until there is better upgrades. I don't want to buy an other chassis plate, an other rear dog bone and an other diff. out drive and having the same kind of failure. Sure i can straighten the dog bone and chassis plate, but once aluminum is bent, it will bent even more easily the next time.

I wait the Corally reply about this, i have put this photo on the facebook page.

The video is rendering just right now. I did more bad landings with my Kraton, Notorious and Hobao MT on the same bashing spot, all survived pretty well, excepted a shock shaft plastic end for the Notorious, so, nothing very bad.

I'm not very conviced by these graphite reinforcements. I did a research about graphite, and it not seems to be the strongest carbon fiber but the more brittle. I would prefer see this center brace made in aluminum.

But, a good point is that both shock tower are straight. The bad point is that this kronos will stay on a shelf for a moment until there is better upgrades. I don't want to buy an other chassis plate, an other rear dog bone and an other diff. out drive and having the same kind of failure. Sure i can straighten the dog bone and chassis plate, but once aluminum is bent, it will bent even more easily the next time.

I wait the Corally repy about this, i have put this photo on the facebook page.
I don't own one so I have no idea, but I have found that some people that due own them don't know any upgrades exist. And they are cheap. I wish Arrma would provide a cheap alternative. And they may do the trick. Maybe you could be the first to find out.

I already know that some will have pleasure when watching this photo :LOL:
View attachment 63965

Too soft plastic you say? Hey, it hasn't broken! :LOL:

Obviously, rear dog bone is bent as for the chassis plate and if you watch closely you will see that the center diff. outdrive is broken too.

Kraton 1 - Kronos 0 :LOL:

?

You would have figured that Corally would have learned from Arrmas mistakes but nope they make the same mistakes just do it differently......

I thought one of the biggest positives of this truck was the way they did the bracing? That's a lot of damage. What exactly happened to cause that?

I thought one of the biggest positives of this truck was the way they did the bracing? That's a lot of damage. What exactly happened to cause that?

It started to bend with few bad landinds, not so hard. And it finally bent badly with a one on the rear end at a bad angle. I did much more bad landings with my Kraton and Notorious on the same bashing spot and they survived.

As i show in my comparison video, this brace is very flexible, too flexible.

You would have figured that Corally would have learned from Arrmas mistakes but nope they make the same mistakes just do it differently......

Far to handle what they show in their commercial videos.

The Kronos is really powerfull and spin in the air too fast, really not easy to handle compared to an Arrma. It is also capable to do way bigger jumps, but if it is for bending the chassis fast, it isn't fun, actually i did bigger jumps with my Kraton, but on one bump, we can clearly see that the Kronos is able to do bigger jumps. Corally advise to put 100k in the center diif. for bashing, but the Kronos pop up wheely too fast, it is even annoying, you can't push the throttle at 100% without pop out a wheely, even if you accelerate slowly. I changed the start punch and brake level, i prefer the brake at 25% instead of 50, the punch level doesn't change that much. I used a TS4G transmitter, this also change not a lot. When i will repair it, not soon, i will put lighter diff. oil, a smaller motor pinion, but it is already a 13T XD. Maybe i should use it on 4s only also ^^.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back