Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already know that some will have pleasure when watching this photo :LOL:
View attachment 63965

Too soft plastic you say? Hey, it hasn't broken! :LOL:

Obviously, rear dog bone is bent as for the chassis plate and if you watch closely you will see that the center diff. outdrive is broken too.

Kraton 1 - Kronos 0 :LOL:
F1B2EA47-3DEE-47BD-8BE6-428152E578E9.gif

I already know that some will have pleasure when watching this photo :LOL:
View attachment 63965

Too soft plastic you say? Hey, it hasn't broken! :LOL:

Obviously, rear dog bone is bent as for the chassis plate and if you watch closely you will see that the center diff. outdrive is broken too.

Kraton 1 - Kronos 0 :LOL:
Haha, GPM has you covered:

MAT025-B.jpg

A view of the angle on the chassis plate :
Corally Kronos bent chassis plate.JPG

The two shock tower to chassis plate braces did their job. But the center rear brace is the weak point.

My video is on youtube. If you watch the first jumps, i say at a moment that the chassis start to slightly bend, it was after a not very bad landing. But in fact it was just after a landing on his back, this angle normally can't bend a chassis in the way it started to bend. So, the chassis started to bend even by landing the car on its wheels. So, even if the chassis plate has finished to bend very badly because of a bad angle, the center brace doesn't do his job even with normal landings anyway.

Corally did answer pretty fast on my first comment about the weak wing mount and the poor instruction manual, they answered few minuts later. But there isn't reply to my comment with the chassis brace which make a S shape so far.

Last edited:
I did receive an anwser to my email. Corally wanted to send me a new chassis brace. I answered that the chassis brace, as it is made with soft plastic, bend easily but doesn't break, i very easily straighten it back, so, the brace is the only part i don't need to change, it mainly need to be redesigned or in different material. With my answer i attached these photos :

Corally Kronos XP 6s rear brace bent - lightweight .jpg

Corally Kronos 6s XP - rear center brace straighten back 2 .jpg

Corally Kronos 6s XP - rear center brace straighten back 1 .jpg

Corally Kronos 6s XP - differential outdrive broken .jpg

Corally Kronos 6s XP - bent rear center drive shaft .jpg

Corally Kronos 6s XP - bent rear chassis plate .jpg

They didn't suggest to send me a new chassis plate, a new rear dog bone and a new center diff. outdrive, i also said to them that i didn't send this email to get some parts, as it will be useless until there is a solution to improve this chassis brace, without this the chassis will bend again.

They tell me that they work on a new chassis brace and plan to sell a 7075 one, that they will maybe send me (from what they said in the email ) :
C-00180-397 rear brace Truggy - Alu - small.jpg

I answered them to take example of what M2C, JBI rc and voltage do for Arrma, beefy chassis brace which are more thick than the original part.

But, in an other way, they still communicate on the "solid" wind mount that they claim to be strong on the facebook page. I also talked about this in my email, that they know it isn't solid and is the first part which can break, as they removed the footage when the Kronos wing mount break in the commercial video because everybody who did see this video saw that the wing mount broke. They also said that they work on a new wing mount, but still say that the original one is solid, it is about the shogun.

All RTR trucks need upgrades if you want to bash it hard, Team Corally included ?

I agree, but the chassis started to bend without what i call hard bashing. Once this brace start to bend on a side it is the end for the chassis, it will bend even with normal landing. Watch my video when i compare the Kronos parts to the Kraton part, i show that the brace can be easily bent by hands on its sides, this is what exactly happen when using it, it bent on its side and couldn't do its job anymore.

What bother me is that Corally claim that the Kronos is built for big air and heavy bashing, that the three braces are stiff and strong, that the wing mount is strong, but all these parts need to be redesigned. They sell the Kronos with a more powerfull system than the Kraton but it can't handle this power without avoidind bad issue.

I did more with my Kraton V2 stock, i didn't have this bad issue. I would say that the Kraton has a better power/durabilty balance compared to the Kronos, the Kraton is more pleasant to drive because it doesn't have as crazy power so the handling is also more easy. If i have put some upgrade like the voltage hobby brace and Markhor carbon upper deck it is to prevent the chassis from bending, but i never bend it before put these upgrades.

If you ask me today what to choose between the Kraton and Kronos, i will answer the Kraton. The Kronos doesn't have upgrades on the market yet, so mine will stay on a shell during some time, i don't know how many time, this can be a problem for somebody who only have one car. I have POS bumpers for it, they will wait to go on the Kronos for a moment also. I don't care, i have so many cars to bash. The last one which suprised me is the Hobao Hyper MT II, not perfect, but way more durable than the previous one and i would say even more than my Kraton. Got it at the same price than the Kraton was a so great deal. But they are different trucks, both the Kraton and Hobao MT are nice.

I agree, but the chassis started to bend without what i call hard bashing. Once this brace start to bend on a side it is the end for the chassis, it will bend even with normal landing. Watch my video when i compare the Kronos parts to the Kraton part, i show that the brace can be easily bent by hands on its sides, this is what exactly happen when using it, it bent on its side and couldn't do its job anymore.

What bother me is that Corally claim that the Kronos is built for big air and heavy bashing, that the three braces are stiff and strong, that the wing mount is strong, but all these parts need to be redesigned. They sell the Kronos with a more powerfull system than the Kraton but it can't handle this power without avoidind bad issue.

I did more with my Kraton V2 stock, i didn't have this bad issue. I would say that the Kraton has a better power/durabilty balance compared to the Kronos, the Kraton is more pleasant to drive because it doesn't have as crazy power so the handling is also more easy. If i have put some upgrade like the voltage hobby brace and Markhor carbon upper deck it is to prevent the chassis from bending, but i never bend it before put these upgrades.

If you ask me today what to choose between the Kraton and Kronos, i will answer the Kraton. The Kronos doesn't have upgrades on the market yet, so mine will stay on a shell during some time, i don't know how many time, this can be a problem for somebody who only have one car. I have POS bumpers for it, they will wait to go on the Kronos for a moment also. I don't care, i have so many cars to bash. The last one which suprised me is the Hobao Hyper MT II, not perfect, but way more durable than the previous one and i would say even more than my Kraton. Got it at the same price than the Kraton was a so great deal. But they are different trucks, both the Kraton and Hobao MT are nice.
@slick2500 sheds a tear ?

I agree. And Team Corally's defensive and snobistic attitude is definitely not helping.

I agree. And Team Corally's defensive and snobistic attitude is definitely not helping.

On the facebook page they were snobisitc. But in pirvate mails, they don't have the same behaviour. Maybe because i said them that i shared my experience on the Arrma forum :LOL: Who knows...

If i had to compare my experience between Corally and Hobao (yes i know, i don't talk about Arrma again ^^, but i never had to with Arrma so far), when i did have issues with my Hyper MT sport plus, bent drive shafts, broken diff. crown gear teeth, broken drive cup pin, Hobao sent me all the upgraded parts for free, the new a-arms x4 and their c-hub axles with secure nuts, 4 CVDs, new diff. crown gear, new drive cups (all of them, a total of 8)...These don't make it enough durable to make me like it, but they did it. Maybe it is for this that i ordered the new center diff. for it, because it collect dust since month also. And it is maybe also why i bought the MT II also, out of the great price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back