Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have, waiting on his first run to see what happens.
I saw bits and pieces. I'm waiting on a running video as well to see if it would be a better buy than the Typhon. The Typhon is such a great bashing buggy. You can really best the piss out of it. Big shoes to fill.

I saw bits and pieces. I'm waiting on a running video as well to see if it would be a better buy than the Typhon. The Typhon is such a great bashing buggy. You can really best the piss out of it. Big shoes to fill.
Exactly! The corallys I've seen so far haven't kept up toughness wise, as the stock Arrmas.

The only thing I see better with the Python over the Typhon is that it runs a real full on HW Max8 but in red..?

I would rather still get a Typhon and just buy the Max8 though..???
It's a tried and trusted platform that you can beat the snot out of without too many worries..!!

The only thing I see better with the Python over the Typhon is that it runs a real full on HW Max8 but in red..?

I would rather still get a Typhon and just buy the Max8 though..???
It's a tried and trusted platform that you can beat the snot out of without too many worries..!!
But if the Python performs as well, it would be the cheaper out of the box option, especially when you consider the radio that comes with Typhon is trash and needs to be replaced.

Has anyone watched Vas's unboxing of the Python?

I did he had some interesting observations. I find it hard not to like it just because it looks so much like a Arrma. Haha. What did you think about it?

But if the Python performs as well, it would be the cheaper out of the box option, especially when you consider the radio that comes with Typhon is trash and needs to be replaced.
Don't forget the bearings. Tearing a RTR completely apart to replace bearings after a few battery packs ain't soo RTR, is it? Waiting until a bearing completely fails can cost you more parts that need replaced.

I'd rather build a kit with sealed bearings from day one then run a RTR for a short time and then have to tear it completely down for bearing replacement.

The best thing Corally is doing for Arrma fans is making Arrma compete with a higher build quality. When there is competition between manufacturers customers get a better product from either brand.

Very true point about the radio..???

The best thing Corally is doing for Arrma fans is making Arrma compete with a higher build quality. When there is competition between manufacturers customers get a better product from either brand.

You are totally correct..??

1/8 buggies tend to be more durable than truggies and monster trucks I have noticed. I can't even remember the last thread I saw here where someone broke or bent something on their 6s Typhon, I know it happens and I'm sure I could find threads, but the Kraton, Talion and Outcast/Notorious have more breakages.
I've bent the center drive shaft, lower control arms, popped off a couple of the shock caps (the V3 plastic ones), but I abuse my Typhon 6s and have to try very hard with full speed jumps in order to break it. It is more durable than my Kraton 6s and Outcast 6s indeed ?

I've bent the center drive shaft, lower control arms, popped off a couple of the shock caps (the V3 plastic ones), but I abuse my Typhon 6s and have to try very hard with full speed jumps in order to break it. It is more durable than my Kraton 6s and Outcast 6s indeed ?
Would you say that's due to the shorter arms of the buggy?

I really like the Team Corally brand. I personally have some stuff from them that really work well.

However everytime I take a look at their new line-up. (Python, Kronos etc..) I just can't stop thinking that they look like some cheap knock-off brand from Arrma. Like something you'd buy off Wish or Aliexpress to save costs. While in reality they're almost the same price.
Don't get me wrong, their line up of racing kits on the other hand really do look professional. But this still is a weird thing. The cars not only look a like, but even the names do. I bet that if they'd would've chosen different names, people wouldn't be comparing them to the Arrma line-up that much.

I really like the Team Corally brand. I personally have some stuff from them that really work well.

However everytime I take a look at their new line-up. (Python, Kronos etc..) I just can't stop thinking that they look like some cheap knock-off brand from Arrma. Like something you'd buy off Wish or Aliexpress to save costs. While in reality they're almost the same price.
Don't get me wrong, their line up of racing kits on the other hand really do look professional. But this still is a weird thing. The cars not only look a like, but even the names do. I bet that if they'd would've chosen different names, people wouldn't be comparing them to the Arrma line-up that much.
@slick2500

Sorry I don't have the time to read through 17 pages. I responded to the main post.
Fine I know this is why @bicketybam tagged me because I guess he just loves reading my rants idk.

But anywho............

Other than the names, the pillow ball suspension and the fact that the Python is a 1/8th scale buggy they are completely different vehicles. Actually look at them once, don't just glance at the pictures.

This is an Arrma Typhon 6s.
ara106046_2.jpg

This is the Team Corally Python.
Corally Python XP 6S 1_8 RTR Buggy - Brushless C-00181-03.jpg

And let's just toss in a random Xray car.
230115581_9463657456572987272.jpg

And a Mugen for good measure.
unnamed.jpg

To me it looks more like Team Corally copied Mugen and Xray than they did Arrma.

And yes even if they would have called it the Team Corally Dingleberrydogpoopcrapandstuff and people would still call them Arrma copies because Arrma fanboys think that Arrma invented the rc car and everything else that anyone else makes is a copy...... I have said it numerous times their name choices were not the greatest and they could have been a bit more original than that. To me I think the Team Corally Tiger fits the way the body looks better than Python.

I've seen people call the Force Rc Muckraker/Outbreak an Arrma copy, it's original design predates the company Arrma itself iirc or it might have just been released when Arrma formed.

The ZD Racing Pyrates platform again original design is older than the Typhon.....

Team Associated Rival MT10 was called an Arrma Granite 4x4 copy, the MT10 is based off of the Helion Avenge 10MT with a few minor changes this vehicle again was released before the Arrma Granite 4x4.

The Team Corally Mammoth someone called it an Arrma Granite 2wd copy.

What people fail to realize is that Arrma copied companies like XRay, Team Associated, Losi, Kyosho, Mugen ect to make their buggy platform they didn't just pull the design out of thin air, they took things from different manufacturers that came before them and tweaked them to fit what they wanted. You can look at a lot of buggies that predate the Typhon and find a lot of similarities between all of them.

Fine I know this is why @bicketybam tagged me because I guess he just loves reading my rants idk.

But anywho............

Other than the names, the pillow ball suspension and the fact that the Python is a 1/8th scale buggy they are completely different vehicles. Actually look at them once, don't just glance at the pictures.

This is an Arrma Typhon 6s.
View attachment 74028

This is the Team Corally Python.
View attachment 74029

And let's just toss in a random Xray car.
View attachment 74030

And a Mugen for good measure.
View attachment 74031

To me it looks more like Team Corally copied Mugen and Xray than they did Arrma.

And yes even if they would have called it the Team Corally Dingleberrydogpoopcrapandstuff and people would still call them Arrma copies because Arrma fanboys think that Arrma invented the rc car and everything else that anyone else makes is a copy...... I have said it numerous times their name choices were not the greatest and they could have been a bit more original than that. To me I think the Team Corally Tiger fits the way the body looks better than Python.

I've seen people call the Force Rc Muckraker/Outbreak an Arrma copy, it's original design predates the company Arrma itself iirc or it might have just been released when Arrma formed.

The ZD Racing Pyrates platform again original design is older than the Typhon.....

Team Associated Rival MT10 was called an Arrma Granite 4x4 copy, the MT10 is based off of the Helion Avenge 10MT with a few minor changes this vehicle again was released before the Arrma Granite 4x4.

The Team Corally Mammoth someone called it an Arrma Granite 2wd copy.

What people fail to realize is that Arrma copied companies like XRay, Team Associated, Losi, Kyosho, Mugen ect to make their buggy platform they didn't just pull the design out of thin air, they took things from different manufacturers that came before them and tweaked them to fit what they wanted. You can look at a lot of buggies that predate the Typhon and find a lot of similarities between all of them.
You're right and that was exactly what I meant. Their kit line up seems really decent and it's known to be quite a good brand, so the only thing I was asking myself is why they decided to choose these names for their rtr line-up which makes them look like they're trying to copy Arrma. And no, I'm definitely not trying to mock the Team Corally brand and am not an Arrma fan-boy as I'm well aware Mugen, xray and for example HPI with their forza and vortex buggies look quite the same aswell to the Typhon 6s aswell. The same story with the truggies.
I even consider buy one of these due to the fact they're located next to the country where I live, and I'd like to support that also.

You're right and that was exactly what I meant. Their kit line up seems really decent and it's known to be quite a good brand, so the only thing I was asking myself is why they decided to choose these names for their rtr line-up which makes them look like they're trying to copy Arrma. And no, I'm definitely not trying to mock the Team Corally brand and am not an Arrma fan-boy as I'm well aware Mugen, xray and for example HPI with their forza and vortex buggies look quite the same aswell to the Typhon 6s aswell. The same story with the truggies.
I even consider buy one of these due to the fact they're located next to the country where I live, and I'd like to support that also.

I thought I read someplace that they were making a 1/8 buggy and truggy that will be compatible with these. They are supposedly going to have race grade components and upgrades over the rtrs 7075 chassis, shock towers ect. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back