Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooow. I've had great luck with my Python so far but that definitely doesn't bode well for their overall image. I messaged them a while back on Instagram regarding clear bodies for the Python and though they viewed the message, they never responded. Hopefully they get better in the future because I do like the vehicle.

the Python is maybe more durable, less weight, less long chassis plate. What made me buy the Kronos is the chassis braces, but they are a big fail for me and i really don't like the Corally communication about that, they really don't stop to claim that the design is super good, it is not and need to be improved, i'm not the only one who say that, but you won't see that on the corally facebook page, they erase anything about that. Also, there isn't lot of upgrades available yet, so my chassis is in spare since month. Fortunately i have many other cars to play with, which have less disappointed me so far, far less., like my Arrmas for example.

If you compare with the Hobao facebook page, some customers show what bad happened to them, any single posts stay on the facebook page, nothing is erased by Hobao, not the same story with Corally.

Last edited:
the Python is maybe more durable, less weight, less long chassis plate. What made me buy the Kronos is the chassis braces, but they are a big fail for me and i really don't like the Corally communication about that, they really don't stop to claim that the design is super good, it is not and need to be improved, i'm not the only one who say that, but you won't see that on the corally facebook page, they erase anything about that. Also, there isn't lot of upgrades available yet, so my chassis is in spare since month. Fortunately i have many other cars to play with, which have less disappointed me so far, far less., like my Arrmas for example.

If you compare with the Hobao facebook page, some customers show what bad happened to them, any single posts stay on the facebook page, nothing is erased by Hobao, not the same story with Corally.

Very interesting indeed. I hope that Corally is at least taking the feedback into consideration because that's a good way to tarnish a rep...

I gave the brand a lot of crap when they came out but if their biggest flaw is using poor verbiage like "super strong" or whatever it was, I'd cut them some slack. I'd never run the plastic braces on an Arrma. I kind of wish you at least got the 7075 chassis braces and tested the truck with them. I'd be interested to see how the chassis holds up.

It is bad PR to remove comments from their Facebook page. You have to take the good with the bad.

@jym73 after watching your videos and killer off-road hobbies I just lost faith in these vehicles to be honest. Initially I was like cool someone else is getting into the mix and trying to compete with Arrma. But nope like I said previously they made the same mistakes that Arrma did with the V1 vehicles and just found a different way to do it....

@jym73 after watching your videos and killer off-road hobbies I just lost faith in these vehicles to be honest. Initially I was like cool someone else is getting into the mix and trying to compete with Arrma. But nope like I said previously they made the same mistakes that Arrma did with the V1 vehicles and just found a different way to do it....
What else is wrong besides the noodle like chassis brace?

I guess I just over hyped myself into thinking they would be of better quality than they were. To be honest from what I have seen from the Kronos and the Dementor the Kraton and Outcast/Notorious are a better value in my eyes metal shielded bearings and STX2 aside.

I see a lot of the same things bending and breaking on them that would bend and break on the Arrmas but under less extreme circumstances.

Killeroffroad Hobbys broke his rear chassis brace and bent the rear center driveshaft on 4s.

I guess I just over hyped myself into thinking they would be of better quality than they were. To be honest from what I have seen from the Kronos and the Dementor the Kraton and Outcast/Notorious are a better value in my eyes metal shielded bearings and STX2 aside.

I see a lot of the same things bending and breaking on them that would bend and break on the Arrmas but under less extreme circumstances.

Killeroffroad Hobbys broke his rear chassis brace and bent the rear center driveshaft on 4s.
I'll be the first to admit that I am an Arrma fanboi. I love the company and their products even though they all have flaws. But for the most part they deliver an outstanding value and I can all but guarantee that the STX line of radios are going away. That was a mistake. But Arrma has always listened to their customers and you can even correspond with their top guy if you reach out. They are so good at customer service.

The issue I had with the Corally line is that I didn't see a different driving experience from the Arrmas I already had. I wasn't going to buy a Kronos that drives exactly like a Kraton, even if they claim it's better built. And all their trucks look like they would perform like their Arrma counterparts.

Look at the last two trucks I purchased, neither of them Arrma. The Redcat Kaiju offers a different driving experience from any of the Arrmas I own. It's like a smaller Outcast/Notorious. It's even different than the Outcast 4S because of the center diff. That make a big difference in handling. If the Kaiju was the same size as the 6S Outcast or had a slipper like the 4S Outcast I would never have bought it.

The other truck I bought was the Losi Tenacity DB Pro. Arrma does not offer anything like it. It doesn't compare to the Typhon 3S because it has a center diff. And it's smaller than the Typhon 6S. It has a totally different driving experience.

So for me, the Corally trucks were never appealing. If I wanted something that drove like a Kraton, I'd go run my Kraton ? And if I didn't own a Kraton, parts support, product support and aftermarket would lead me to Arrma over Corally. Just my 2 cents ???

I personally bought the Python because I already had a Typhon 6s and I wanted a buggy strictly for off road usage. And I wanted to give another brand a chance. Luckily I haven't been disappointed with the Python and I've given it a decent beating. Honestly, I'm just waiting for some more innovation in the RC world. I ordered one of those RC Ripsaw tanks for $60 just for kicks. Next thing I'm waiting to release is the Tamiya TC-01 Formula E car.

I personally bought the Python because I already had a Typhon 6s and I wanted a buggy strictly for off road usage. And I wanted to give another brand a chance. Luckily I haven't been disappointed with the Python and I've given it a decent beating. Honestly, I'm just waiting for some more innovation in the RC world. I ordered one of those RC Ripsaw tanks for $60 just for kicks. Next thing I'm waiting to release is the Tamiya TC-01 Formula E car.
Have you ever used the Typhon for off-road?

I'll be the first to admit that I am an Arrma fanboi. I love the company and their products even though they all have flaws. But for the most part they deliver an outstanding value and I can all but guarantee that the STX line of radios are going away. That was a mistake. But Arrma has always listened to their customers and you can even correspond with their top guy if you reach out. They are so good at customer service.

The issue I had with the Corally line is that I didn't see a different driving experience from the Arrmas I already had. I wasn't going to buy a Kronos that drives exactly like a Kraton, even if they claim it's better built. And all their trucks look like they would perform like their Arrma counterparts.

Look at the last two trucks I purchased, neither of them Arrma. The Redcat Kaiju offers a different driving experience from any of the Arrmas I own. It's like a smaller Outcast/Notorious. It's even different than the Outcast 4S because of the center diff. That make a big difference in handling. If the Kaiju was the same size as the 6S Outcast or had a slipper like the 4S Outcast I would never have bought it.

The other truck I bought was the Losi Tenacity DB Pro. Arrma does not offer anything like it. It doesn't compare to the Typhon 3S because it has a center diff. And it's smaller than the Typhon 6S. It has a totally different driving experience.

So for me, the Corally trucks were never appealing. If I wanted something that drove like a Kraton, I'd go run my Kraton ? And if I didn't own a Kraton, parts support, product support and aftermarket would lead me to Arrma over Corally. Just my 2 cents ???

I smell what you are stepping in. I like to have a variety of vehicles, and if you have ever seen my stable you would see that. Each vehicle serves it purpose. It isn't much fun to have 2 vehicles even from the same manufacturer that are basically the same, I think this is one of the reasons why Arrma changed the Talion so much from what it was initially it was essentially just a Kraton with different wheels and body.

I just discorvered something else. When i first talked to them about the brace issue on facebook, they put a link to a youtube video to show me that a french guy love it and bash it without issue. This guy received the Kronos for free, Corally sent him the Kronos, LOL, great biased review...This guy don't stop to say that the Kronos is very good, i understand why now.

This guy received the Kronos for free :
The title say : Just too violent, LOL. And watch the "approved" stamp on the video first image :ROFLMAO:. Great dude, you just put down your pants for a brand.

Last edited:
I used it two time only, it is unsuable since. I waited to buy the aluminum parts to repair it. The chassis is so badly bent that i don't even want to straighten it, the aluminum will be weaker on the bent line.

From other users : the drive cup wear out pretty fast, the two braces on each side of the rear center brace break where they are attached to the chassis, the front chassis brace break, the wing mount break, the a-arms break, the a-arm aluminum brace and plastic brace break.

Sooo he didn't run the vehicle but trashes it? That's ridiculous to me.

You're right it would have been much better to drive the car and validate his comments and assess the performances and durability.

On the other hand, I think his comments on the thin and poorly fitting body, non-functional sway bars, mismatched wire gauge, soft springs, etc. are valid even without trying the car. He also concluded that the car is not the problem, but rather the sales price price considering these design shortcomings.

Anyway, I don't like brigning negativity on the forum. I just tought that review was relevant to this thread.

You're right it would have been much better to drive the car and validate his comments and assess the performances and durability.

On the other hand, I think his comments on the thin and poorly fitting body, non-functional sway bars, mismatched wire gauge, soft springs, etc. are valid even without trying the car. He also concluded that the car is not the problem, but rather the sales price price considering these design shortcomings.

Anyway, I don't like brigning negativity on the forum. I just tought that review was relevant to this thread.

Understandable. I didn't mind the observations and some of the info was actually enlightening. He just seemed to doubt the platform was a viable one without running it. I've seen some vids where people had issues after running it but that was the first vid I've seen with someone dropping the hammer on it beforehand. For what it's worth, mine has still been going strong. It's taken some 50+mph cartwheels and rollovers but I don't go too crazy with jumps.

Last edited:
A stunt truck that doesn't have a retro body on it but a more truggy like body. That is different. Not sure how I feel about the name though.

Wow they upgraded a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back