Team Corally python XP 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah seeing video today of it. It looks like a kraton for sure. Is it just me or do the driveshafts look thicker? Be curious the price point.
Bash on ??

I like the big rear chassis braces on the Kronos, but i don't manage to see the front one. EDIT : i saw them, seem as beefy as rear and are mounted on the shock tower also.

The battery tray and ESC are on the same side, so, i guess, not as longer room than on a Kraton.

ESC seems to be a HW 180A.

The Kronos body shell is ugly.

The price i see in France would be 647€ when the Kraton price is 539€ (shipped).

They sure looked at Arrma when designing these. Could've been a bit more creative on the name though so it wouldn't have seemed to be -that- obvious.

Anyway they look great! The more competition the better. Team Corally makes great products as far as I know.

Kronos 6s seems really not bad :
Unfortunately in german, but we can use the youtube translater even if it isn't perfect.

The only problem would be the battery tray. The price as pre-order is 569/579€ in DE, not that much more than a Kraton/Outcast here in the EU.

Where do you even get Team Corally from in the US? I'd really like to try those rims and tires in place of my Backflips. I also wonder how many parts from this are compatible with their Arrma equivalent?

I don't know if corally cars are available in US. From their website, they talk about HRP Distributing Inc but i can't find anything Corally there.

I don't know if parts will be compatible with the Kraton. It is a MTruggy, so like any truggies with MT wheels. Sure Corraly is largely inspired by Arrma, almost same color, same kind of tires pattern, but the chassis plate and chassis braces are really different. The shock towers are machined but thinner compared to the stamped Arrma shock towers. One thing which doesn't make me confident are the front hub carriers, the plastic thickness arround the pillow ball screws seem thin compared to Arrma. When we know that the pillow ball on the Arrma can pop out, even if they need a big hit, the Corally ones seem not beefy enough. I don't know the "Super strong and durable HiCC8 composite parts", maybe it is a good plastic? A plus is the MAX 8 fully programmable (from what they say in the video).

It will normally be avaible mi-november.

Where do you even get Team Corally from in the US? I'd really like to try those rims and tires in place of my Backflips. I also wonder how many parts from this are compatible with their Arrma equivalent?
Maybe some screws look at under body shots these things look more Mugen or Xray than they do Arrma.

I watched again the video about the Python from DaSilvaRC channel :
I really don't understand german language and the youtube translater is far to be perfect. But, at a moment i can understand that the guy from the Corally staff said that he had worked at Hobico during 4 years. And in the comments, something say that he worked at Arrma also.

I watched again the video about the Python from DaSilvaRC channel :
I really don't understand german language and the youtube translater is far to be perfect. But, at a moment i can understand that the guy from the Corally staff said that he had worked at Hobico during 4 years. And in the comments, something say that he worked at Arrma also.

If you switch the P and T in python, you get Typhon ??

Maybe some screws look at under body shots these things look more Mugen or Xray than they do Arrma.
The naming and the box design looks very similar to Arrma. You don't come that close without trying ? They should have come out with a 4s truck and called it The Macks.

A french youtuber did an interview with somebody from the Team Corally. The difference with Arrma is that Corally will sell their own 7075 aluminum upgrades. The guy talked about 4mm 7075 aluminum chassis, 6mm shock tower, hub carriers...

An interesting thing the guy said is that there isn't high end aluminum in aisa, so all the 7075 upgrade will be made in EU, in Italy.

He talked about their racer cars line, which are made in EU, and the RTR line which are made in Taiwan for lowering the price.

He also confirmed that the esc is a fully programmable MAX8. The servo is a 20Kg and he was honest to say that it isn't an expensive servo but good for RTR.

The gears are in 13% of the final cost. Helicoidal and CNC machined.

He also talked about the plastic, which will have less fiber inside compared to their racer line who need to be more rigid, so the RTR plastic is more flexible to avoid to break too fast.

The guy didn't talk directly about Arrma but he clearly stated the difference with their aluminum parts which are CNC machined instead of stamped aluminum like on Arrma. Anyway, if the aluminum is the same quality, stamped or machined, this won't change the durability. He also stated that their cars won't be unbreakable, not exactly same than when we read the big description on the Corally website.

Unfortanetly the youtuber didn't ask why they choose these names, and the parts' color ^^.

DId you know that Jason Dearden won a 1992 European champion ship with a Corally chassis?
Capture 1.PNG

Last edited:
I just took a look on the Kronos spares and i saw this :

C-00180-090.jpg

This is the center diff., which is different than the front and rear. Watch those thin lips for carrying the spider gears axle. Imo, this won't hold 6s power during a long time. I was interested to buy one, but this center diff. totally changed my mind.

There is also an other things i don't like :

A-arms axles :
C-00180-322.jpg

Why they made weak spots on them?

The rear arm width is less wide than the distance between the two aluminum a-arms braces, there is plastic shim, the best thing to do to create a lever to bent those hinge pins.
kronos shim .jpg

I just took a look on the Kronos spares and i saw this :

View attachment 52395
This is the center diff., which is different than the front and rear. Watch those thin lips for carrying the spider gears axle. Imo, this won't hold 6s power during a long time. I was interested to buy one, but this center diff. totally changed my mind.

There is also an other things i don't like :

A-arms axles :
View attachment 52396
Why they made weak spots on them?

The rear arm width is less wide than the distance between the two aluminum a-arms braces, there is plastic shim, the best thing to do to create a lever to bent those hinge pins.
View attachment 52399
Those weak spots are there to allow the shafts to droop down further without contacting the drive cup- makes for better suspension travel. I love the fact that they’re using some CNC aluminum. Not sure on the specifics, but one thing I can say, if it’s 7075- you are not bending that. The vorzas came with 7075 aluminum parts everywhere (hence the premium price) and I will say, I never had any issues with anything aluminum on that buggy! Just kidding i bent a shock tower pretty bad one time.

I agree on the a arm shim though... rip that pin, that’s gonna bend right up. Also, you can’t judge a diff by its cover! A high quality gear will have no issues running 6s in a diff like that. If they just use the gear type arrma used, yes, it’ll have issues. That’s why arrma designed their cases tougher to compensate for that fact. (Not saying it didn’t work, it worked very well.)

I’m going to agree with everyone else. I suspect this brand will be priced higher than arrma and is attempting to be a more premium vehicle that, maybe you don’t need to modify straight out of the box. It looks like an off brand, yes, but every rc company looks like an off brand when they first start making a new class of vehicles. And remember, arrma didn’t invent the 8th scale buggy. Going back to the vorza, look at its chassis and look at the original typhon chassis. Hpi people didn’t criticize arrma for copying, they understand that it’s just the standard for 8th scale buggies. Now that you don’t see them anymore, just take pride that other manufacturers want to build off of the arrma typhon. From what I know, team Corally has never done anything like this. If they catch a market, they’ll start to pave their own path (exactly like arrma paved theirs) and if they fail, well, they fail. Oh well.

Last edited:
Those weak spots are there to allow the shafts to droop down further without contacting the drive cup- makes for better suspension travel.

This surely has good reason for a racer, but for a 6s basher?

if it’s 7075- you are not bending that

Stock aren't. They will sell 7075 upgrade as options.

Also, you can’t judge a diff by its cover! A high quality gear will have no issues running 6s in a diff like that.

I don't talk about the gears, but the thin plastic lips. Just watch the rear and front diff. case :
C-00180-098.jpg

They don't have these thin lips. I never saw a 1/8 with diff case built like the corally center diff.. I'm really not confident with this design.

I managed to bend the stock front shock tower on the Vorza. There is a reason with they made a 5mm (instead of 4mm sotck) for it.

About the Arrma copy. The guy from Team corally (in the DaSilvaRc's video) said he worked for Hobico (during 4 years), some german said that he worked for Arrma, nothing less sure about that. Sure, the chassis layout is almost same on all the thruggies and buggies, a chassis plate, front and rear gearboxes, chassis braces, all of this is commun. But, a truggy with MT wheels, a black chassis plate with red anodised parts, a 6s basher truggy, this is directly focus on the Arrma, this is too similar to doesn't be largely inspired from Arrma. Like Arrma do when they make their 99% plastic chassis, like TRX do.

This surely has good reason for a racer, but for a 6s basher?

Stock aren't. They will sell 7075 upgrade as options.

I don't talk about the gears, but the thin plastic lips. Just watch the rear and front diff. case :
View attachment 52406
They don't have these thin lips. I never saw a 1/8 with diff case built like the corally center diff.. I'm really not confident with this design.

I managed to bend the stock front shock tower on the Vorza. There is a reason with they made a 5mm (instead of 4mm sotck) for it.

About the Arrma copy. The guy from Team corally (in the DaSilvaRc's video) said he worked for Hobico (during 4 years), some german said that he worked for Arrma, nothing less sure about that. Sure, the chassis layout is almost same on all the thruggies and buggies, a chassis plate, front and rear gearboxes, chassis braces, all of this is commun. But, a truggy with MT wheels, a black chassis plate with red anodised parts, a 6s basher truggy, this is directly focus on the Arrma, this is too similar to doesn't be largely inspired from Arrma. Like Arrma do when they make their 99% plastic chassis, like TRX do.
I’ll give it to you. The MT is a bit close for my liking. But that’s how everybody started. Take a look at arrmas previous designs. And yeah, like I acknowledged, those shafts with the weak spots are in fact, weak spots- just functional ones. With the aluminum comment, oh. That kinda sucks then. I see no reason to buy this if it’s not 7075. And yes! You are 100% right about the shock tower. I’ll edit my post now. I did in fact bend a shock tower as well. Now that you mention that part of the design, you could be right. Going back to the driveshafts though, it’s the same story. They’re a racing company trying to make a bashing truck. What if these driveshafts become a huge success and don’t bust because they use quality materials? Everyone is going to want the extra suspension travel.

The retail price for EU is 579€, here a Kraton or Outcast/Notorious is 539€, considering the MAX8 fully programmable and the steering servo, the pirce difference could be there. I see it at 630€ (999AUD) in australia. If it doesn't fill the expectations, it will be a fail.

I stay stuck on the center diff.. Also, i don't know if there is steel insert in the diff. cases, like any good 1/8 must have. The Arrma has also good metal insert in their gearboxes also.

I was almost ready to put the trigger on the Kronos, even if it won't be available until the 20 november. But i see some desgin flaws i don't like. So i will wait to see how it will perform when some good basher will use it.

My biggest concern is parts support, I haven't looked too deep into it but I don't remember places like Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobby or Amain carrying vehicles let alone parts for Team Corally.

Yes, even in EU. As they are mainly in on-road cars/pan cars and recently in 1/10 racing buggy, i don't really know who sell their products. I don't see that much online shops who sell corally when i do a research on "corally kronos" with google. In france they are distributated by CML distribution, but the "find a dealer" page show nothing. Corally said on their FB page that they will be distributed by HRP in US, but here also, nothing anout Corally.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back