SOLD / FOUND Team Corally Sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
I have had enough of my son's 4S Kraton and its slipper clutch. I had been holding off until the new 4S trucks came out, but am super disappointed with them. He is almost 10 and while he is a good driver, I still feel the 6S trucks are a bit too large for him & don't want him to get hurt or hurt anyone else.

I was on the fence between the Sketer & the Maxx, but after watching Razor RC's video and for how he drives, the Sketer seems to be the best bet.

If you have one you are looking to get rid of, please let me know.

Last edited:
You can also use a 4s battery in the kraton 1/8 scale and gain the strength of the platform and dial it back
I thought about that, but the 1/8 scale trucks do seem to intimidate him.

But he can also grow into the next size battery, I don’t know, I’m just going by my experience with 3s and 6s I would of skipped 3s and ran a 6s with it on 50% lol I still rarely go full throttle on my 6s rigs, or my 3s typhon running a 4s battery. It has a 6s corally Torox 185esc and 2650kv nue castle 1512 motor In it

I have had enough of my son's 4S Kraton and its slipper clutch. I had been holding off until the new 4S trucks came out, but am super disappointed with them. He is almost 10 and while he is a good driver, I still feel the 6S trucks are a bit too large for him & don't want him to get hurt or hurt anyone else.

I was on the fence between the Sketer & the Maxx, but after watching Razor RC's video and for how he drives, the Sketer seems to be the best bet.

If you have one you are looking to get rid of, please let me know.
My sons 9 been driving RC since he was 7. He has my first EXB kraton he can only run it on 3S perfect for him fast and smooth without the big hit of power.
The plus I got a new EXB to build.

I love my Kraton 4s...probably my favorite car and is without a doubt my go to car 95% of the time. I only have to tighten my slipper maybe once a month and I drive it several times per week. Have you tried putting some red loctite on the slipper nut? Also are you running the plastic nut for the slipper screw to thread through rather than just the slipper hub? I also use HR aluminum slipper pads, reduces heat and helps the slipper stay where you tightened it much better. I leave mine at about 1 turn loose with this setup and it works really well. For about $30 you should be able to get the slipper running optimally.

The Skeeter is just their 6s buggy with a 4s system and MT tires. If the yare really that hard to find then -

You could Typhon6s, wide mod it, then add your K4s Body and tires. Or start with a Outcast6s, narrow-mod it (Typhon or Mojave arms) and run your K4s body and tires and power system.

Also, if you can't find the Kits for the Skeeter, think ahead to when you need parts. A converted Arrma will cost you a bit more in the short run, but parts will be plentiful and easy to get for years to come.

The Skeeter is just their 6s buggy with a 4s system and MT tires. If the yare really that hard to find then -

You could Typhon6s, wide mod it, then add your K4s Body and tires. Or start with a Outcast6s, narrow-mod it (Typhon or Mojave arms) and run your K4s body and tires and power system.

Also, if you can't find the Kits for the Skeeter, think ahead to when you need parts. A converted Arrma will cost you a bit more in the short run, but parts will be plentiful and easy to get for years to come.
Typhon is only $420 on Amazon right now too.

Agree with the others. Just get the 6s and let him grow into it by starting with 4s. Everyone will be happy in the end. And like the others said, typhon is already super close to a sketer and with the amazon deal currently it makes sense

I need to go back and look at dimensions. I thought the Sketer was closer to a 1/10 scale. Maybe the 6s would work, the Kraton 4S is a large 1/10 truck imo.

I need to go back and look at dimensions. I thought the Sketer was closer to a 1/10 scale. Maybe the 6s would work, the Kraton 4S is a large 1/10 truck imo.
6s typhon is pretty small. Looked up dimensions and sketer is actually larger

My understanding is the Skeeter uses the chassis and arms from their Python 1/8 buggy, which would make it the same basic size as the Typhon 3s/4s, Senton3s, BBRC3s and Kraton4Sv1. The K4s is wider than the rest, and I thing the K4Sv2 is wider and longer than the v1. Actually, this is the same wheelbase as the Outcast6s, but the O6S has the very wide 1/8 truggy arms on it.

I love my Kraton 4s...probably my favorite car and is without a doubt my go to car 95% of the time. I only have to tighten my slipper maybe once a month and I drive it several times per week. Have you tried putting some red loctite on the slipper nut? Also are you running the plastic nut for the slipper screw to thread through rather than just the slipper hub? I also use HR aluminum slipper pads, reduces heat and helps the slipper stay where you tightened it much better. I leave mine at about 1 turn loose with this setup and it works really well. For about $30 you should be able to get the slipper running optimally.
Are you using three of the hot racing metal pads? I have a HR metal spur, 3 metal pads to install and from what I could find just three was recommended. Since you have one running… how did you set it up?

Skeeter and OC4.
20220307_174046.jpg

Yeah. Course mine is far from stock....but all parts were not to make it tougher, just speed and handling. One of the only rigs I have never broke anything on, and I drive them hard.
I would feel like a fool to think that a stock rc car would be perfect 😂 and if it were, it would also be boring. First thing I do is change just about everything. That’s the fun part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back