Typhon TEAM DURANGO DNX8 kit for $206

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Banggood.com has TD DNX8 kits listed for $206. If you don't know, the Typhon was based more on the nitro TD buggy than the Electric... it would be a good box of spares, plus real TD diffs, driveshafts, Shocks and a few other parts. Chassis and shock towers may even work with a bit of creativity...
[US$205.99 57% OFF]DNX8 1:8 2.4G 4WD KIT Drift For Durango Dnx8 Nitro RC Car Buggy Without Electric Parts RC Vehicles from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/u7invj0tFV

My thought is, Durango has been gone a good while now. What you see is most likely not what you get. $200.00 is way too cheap.

Certainly that's too cheap - unless it fell off the truck. I might try it just for the heck of it. Just the drivetrain & shocks alone are worth it. But it'll probably end up being that 1/8 HSP POS. I'm not too sure if I want to throw away my part money with all the upgrades I'm doing now before I buy any V4s.

No, I think it is the real thing. S I'll me warehouse found a pallet of NIB kits, what are they gonna go with them? Sell them as a lot, cheap to a e-shop.

Banggood also has some of the older original AE RC8E kits for cheap.

Just got this from reply from Fabian. (He is a car designer for Arrma, worked on the Durango side before it died)

"Jerry Gwosdz I don't think it's worth it. The centre driveshafts are not the correct length, for the typhon you'll need the front one from the DNX8 and the front one from the DEX8. The chassis I don't think can be used either. Shocks are different lengths and you wouldn't be able to use the standoffs from the V3/V4. Rear tower is weak (I didn't have a chance to fix that issue). I'm building a Typhon for racing using as many TD parts as I could. I'll post pictures when she's ready."

Just got this from reply from Fabian. (He is a car designer for Arrma, worked on the Durango side before it died)

"Jerry Gwosdz I don't think it's worth it. The centre driveshafts are not the correct length, for the typhon you'll need the front one from the DNX8 and the front one from the DEX8. The chassis I don't think can be used either. Shocks are different lengths and you wouldn't be able to use the standoffs from the V3/V4. Rear tower is weak (I didn't have a chance to fix that issue). I'm building a Typhon for racing using as many TD parts as I could. I'll post pictures when she's ready."

But I just ordered 3!!! :ROFLMAO:

Oops...

I'm still half a mind to but one just to see what I can build with it. But I probably wont. I really thought the center driveline would work.
I was under the same impression.
But yeah banggood has has these for a few months now, I almost bought one but was like meh I'll never us it for anything.

Hi guys, i just ordered it, there was 16 items, now there are 15 but...my order change to BACK ORDER! Do you had the same experience? Now i totally don't know if i will receive it

Hi guys, i just ordered it, there was 16 items, now there are 15 but...my order change to BACK ORDER! Do you had the same experience? Now i totally don't know if i will receive it
I'm guessing someone didn't count the inventory right. Send them a message and ask what's going on.

Just ask their many times, one time they say the address is incorrect, one time they say package is too big, its seems like they are getting time for don't know what, they didnt send it yet, they say is BACK ORDERED but in the dnx8 page now there are 18 pieces in stock...

Just ask their many times, one time they say the address is incorrect, one time they say package is too big, its seems like they are getting time for don't know what, they didnt send it yet, they say is BACK ORDERED but in the dnx8 page now there are 18 pieces in stock...
Hmm that is weird.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back