Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice the unused hole in the chassis behind the rear chassis brace screw?

On what image? There is no unused hole on the HH pics of the chassis near the rear brace (like on the Kraton).
I saw it in the RC Driver video @9:45
And I just noticed the other hole in the chassis.
w34as5ewtetled.jpg

I saw it in the RC Driver video @9:45

View attachment 168274

How odd. The promo pics on HH don't have that screw hole or key hole at all. They simply don't exist. TBF, I still don't know why these exist on my Kraton either. Arrma seems to love them though. I also still don't understand how the fancy hinge pin retainers work, but it makes me want one,

How odd. The promo pics on HH don't have that screw hole or key hole at all. They simply don't exist. TBF, I still don't know why these exist on my Kraton either. Arrma seems to love them though. I also still don't understand how the fancy hinge pin retainers work, but it makes me want one,
Maybe a pre production model was used or it was photoshopped.
He sort of explains it in the video. But basically the front ones allow you to adjust toe, caster and anti squat and the rear ones allow you to adjust the toe and anti squat.

Hole is probably for a (non-existent?) shorter rear chassis brace that would allow you to tune the stiffness of the rear end. Longer brace, stiffer rear, shorter brace, more flex (for more rear traction). Some cars allow you to use both at the same time.

In addition to all the adjustments slick2500 mentioned, the pills also allow you to adjust sweep and track width.

IMO, they probably started with the idea of an EXB Typhon and then realized that didn't make any sense, so decided that a performance version of the buggy would mean a more race-capable Typhon.

Hole is probably for a (non-existent?) shorter rear chassis brace that would allow you to tune the stiffness of the rear end. Longer brace, stiffer rear, shorter brace, more flex (for more rear traction). Some cars allow you to use both at the same time.

In addition to all the adjustments slick2500 mentioned, the pills also allow you to adjust sweep and track width.

IMO, they probably started with the idea of an EXB Typhon and then realized that didn't make any sense, so decided that a performance version of the buggy would mean a more race-capable Typhon.

If only there was an RC Youtube channel specialized in reviewing both race buggies and bashers that could review this TLRT for us...

It would be awesome to have the opinion of such a reviewer. 🙂

If only there was an RC Youtube channel specialized in reviewing both race buggies and bashers that could review this TLRT for us...

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

^^^ This. Beat me to the punch again... :LOL:You read my mind.
Many race tuned chassis allow for rear brace positioning , removal altogether. Maybe even for a shorter optional rear brace. When dialing to a specific track. Bumpy /smooth, blue groove/loose etc. Chassis flex at the rear will help you alot. Almost required to truly dial in a rig to compete.
Every Brand of Race bred rigs do this. Unlike bashers, where we all want super rigid throughout for 50 foot big air.:ROFLMAO:

@razorrc I think their playing your song...... Track rigs are your thing.

^^^ This. Beat me to the punch again... :LOL:You read my mind.
Many race tuned chassis allow for rear brace positioning , removal altogether. Maybe even for a shorter optional rear brace. When dialing to a specific track. Bumpy /smooth, blue groove/loose etc. Chassis flex at the rear will help you alot. Almost required to truly dial in a rig to compete.
Every Brand of Race bred rigs do this. Unlike bashers, where we all want super rigid throughout for 50 foot big air.:ROFLMAO:

@razorrc I think their playing your song...... Track rigs are your thing.
Here is the weird thing about that, none of the braces have a notch to fit in the other hole.

Isn't that the same as the Kraton chassis though? Two holes and a keyhole even though Arrma has no braces that are keyed or use the second hole?
Aren't the Talion braces keyed?

I know a guy who knows a guy -- let me ask him. 🙂

But seriously, I'm not sure. It might happen this year, depends on a few things. Maybe 30% chance?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back