Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body. For the Shelf.

>>>>Oh there gone. That was fast.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up.

SInce Arrma hasn't published any price's of the TLRT parts, (just Part #'s), Nothing is available from HH yet. I guess the sky is the limit with pricing here.
And some of Jennys parts are not worth it, if you want to upgrade to the Pill system for instance. Would cost a bundle.
I think the wing is overpriced. Chassis, towers also. The motor mount is just the same RTR in black. Why pay so much more for color.
It is what it is. I wonder why HH is waiting to post pricing with the part numbers?? Maybe seeing what the market will bear from kit breakers perhaps.
Pricing shouldn't be held back if part numbers exist for them. TLRT's are out there now, that may need parts soon.

Edited.

Last edited:
Damn, now I really think I should do some parting out.

Body available on eBay from jennys

I think I'd buy one just because I don't own a Typhon and it's different than most Typhons and indeed the rest of the 6S lineup. I'd never race it, never bash it, heck I'm not really sure I'd even run it since I don't really see a huge use for the Typhon without a track. But it's different enough that I like it. Imho it seems like it might be a great intro to speed running. Maybe they noticed how many Typhons get speed run rather than bashed or raced.

I like that they specify that all the TLR option parts are compatible with all the other 6S rigs even though you'd only use them on a V5 Typhon.
How about a truggified TLR version

I probably should have bought a v5 but I wanted to build out my first roller so I said Yolo. Tlr typhon looks so sexy even with all the stock firma stuff I put in. Also extremely fun making my gf jealous with the pink. She has a 3s lol.

I'm surprised the tlr hinge pins arent the same as the v5. I just lost one and it seems like I'm screwed at the moment. Would the v5 pins work anyway?

TA RC8 4mm pins are 1.5mm longer. Trim them a bit.
Typhon RTR pins are longer also. All 6s RTR H pins are identical. TLRT's are shorter for the Pill setup.

Has anyone seen a review of the TLRT by someone that seriously races? Where they actually tried to tune it?

I did see the RC Driver set of vids, but looking for someone that is more a consistent racer than RC_D's once per year...

You are thinking like myself. :)
I want to see others Custom Setup Sheets also. (y)
I think many who are actually racing the TLRT, the 1%'ers, are just running the stock pill setup/ stock settings. Roll center and all.
I also never saw any real dialing of this rig explained.. Carpet versus loose dirt tracks require very different setups for the most part. If you are that into it
It has so much chassis dialing potential.
All you can do is refer to basic chassis fundamentals, trial and error from there.
There is no Race Support whatsoever. Usually this is where Setup Sheets are found/published for various tracks.:cool:
I plan on sharing my setup sheets here.(y) I want to evaluate the "out the box setup" very well first, and take notes before any changes. You always need a baseline for reference. Then one change at a time, then evaluate again. Can be tedious. But how its done. At some point Driver Input needs to adapt to the changes made. Not the other way around. So setup sheets can be very subjective. We all expect different performance from our rigs.
But I will not be running at any track per se. There are none by me.:(

Last edited:
You are thinking like myself. :)
I want to see others Custom Setup Sheets also. (y)
I think many who are actually racing the TLRT, the 1%'ers, are just running the stock pill setup/ stock settings. Roll center and all.
I also never saw any real dialing of this rig explained.. Carpet versus loose dirt tracks require very different setups for the most part. If you are that into it
It has so much chassis dialing potential.
All you can do is refer to basic chassis fundamentals, trial and error from there.
There is no Race Support whatsoever. Usually this is where Setup Sheets are found/published for various tracks.:cool:
I plan on sharing my setup sheets here.(y) I want to evaluate the "out the box setup" very well first, and take notes before any changes. You always need a baseline for reference. Then one change at a time, then evaluate again. Can be tedious. But how its done. At some point Driver Input needs to adapt to the changes made. Not the other way around. So setup sheets can be very subjective. We all expect different performance from our rigs.
But I will not be running at any track per se. There are none by me.:(
Yeah, I wonder about setup sheets too. I heard the old Mugen MBX7 setup could be used for the DEX8 as a starting point, I wonder how close the MBX8* is to the TLRTT.

And I hear you on tracks. There is one "nice" 1/8 scale track about 15 minutes from my house, but it is owned by a guy that runs a sand pit as his main business, and a moto-cross track as another side business. his facility is nice, but neither Moto or RC race promoters will deal with him anymore. Used to be, every year or three, some RC shop would team up with him to run some club races, but that always seems to go south in less than a year. The track is still there, and is not overgrown too bad, but $20 a day to run on a blown out track by myself is a bit steep.

The second track in (greater) Houston is very nice, but over an hour away, thru down-town from me. I don't mind driving an hour, but not thru down town H-town - you never know when that hour drive will become a 2 or 3 hour gridlock...

Sad a metroplex the size of Houston is only supporting one 1/8 scale track, and no 1/10 scale track... :(

TA RC8 4mm pins are 1.5mm longer. Trim them a bit.
Typhon RTR pins are longer also. All 6s RTR H pins are identical. TLRT's are shorter for the Pill setup.

We were talking about this in the other thread but I thought I'd mention here that I asked RCdriver about the hinge pins and he said they worked great right out of the bag with zero trimming needed. I have some coming tomorrow (please fedex don't troll me again) so I guess I will see how it goes. I'm surprised I only lost a suspension arm and hinge pin in my crash tbh. I was doing maybe 50 mph and crashed into a parked car tire, learned a valuable lesson about line of sight. Won't be repeating that mistake haha.

Also you guys are making me feel very lucky I live so close to LRC in colorado. I still have yet to actually go down there but plan to this weekend for first time. I doubt I will get into racing but who knows! for now I just want to mess around on a track. ;D

Yeah at first try getting around the track during practice days. Walk the track first if you can and study the features. It will actually help you out later when driving. See how consistent you get it to drive lap after lap. I guarranty you at some point you will want to race it. The bug will bite you. It is fun. When you race and the pressure is on, you develope a focus on your rig. A thrill for me I miss.
Thanks for the info regarding the Hinge pins. RC8's,Confirmed fit.(y)

Has anyone seen a review of the TLRT by someone that seriously races? Where they actually tried to tune it?

I did see the RC Driver set of vids, but looking for someone that is more a consistent racer than RC_D's once per year...

The problem is you need someone who has both the skill/knowledge AND the interest in doing so with the TLR Typhon. That person doesn't exist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back