Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Found this on Bookface. Not sure why the link is to some random website from the Netherlands.

https://www.toemen.nl/arrma-tlr-tun...6CTi0SgnOpLwohbYLfwJoCWFR0IbhbQPIQYgU1jIziQTg

241144100_4199215893518806_3931855302384855526_n.jpg
240981597_4199215756852153_657276442148233672_n.jpg
241222366_4199215643518831_4002009159402069539_n.jpg
241200036_4199215426852186_4315316079544674928_n.jpg
241133181_4199215193518876_8570471480774128464_n.jpg
241158967_4199215020185560_4426706860138115871_n.jpg
241153293_4199214690185593_4366598922912413915_n.jpg
241168773_4199214536852275_7929088521583579386_n.jpg
241162208_4199214433518952_5956272289935870034_n.jpg

Details curtesy of @BashingBrian

Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon 1/8 Race Buggy 4wd Roller​

Part number: C-ARA8306

ARRMA TLR Tuned TYPHON 1/8 Race Buggy 4WD Roller

Featuring premium parts for durability and handling, the TLR TYPHON 4WD Buggy provides bashers with the perfect platform to get started in racing and tuning. Just add your electronics.

Loaded with high-end parts to improve strength, handling and long-term durability, the 1/8 scale ARRMA TLR Tuned TYPHON 4WD Race Buggy Roller offers bashers the perfect platform to enter the competition and experiment with their chassis for get the best performance. The large number of TLR Tuned parts and the factory finished bodywork with a bold racing color scheme immediately sets this model apart from its Speed Buggy sibling TYPHON 6S BLX 4WD. The TYPHON 6S BLX 4WD Race Buggy Roller from TLR Tuned is the ultimate ARRMA 1/8 scale buggy, ready for use on the racetrack and rugged enough for off-road use.

Durable TLR Tuned aluminum upgrades include

• Chassis plate,
  • Steering rack,
  • Adjustable upper and lower suspension brackets,
  • Shock bodies and front and rear shock towers. All are laser engraved with the TLR Tuned logo.
  • The chassis also has strong composite side pods and front and rear reinforcements. The adjustable, oil-filled shocks feature machined tapered pistons and Extreme Bash (EXB) stops.
The TLR Tuned TYPHON 4WD Race Buggy Roller also features a rugged drivetrain that stands up to extreme impact, with full metal differentials and gearbox internals and durable steel driveshafts. Its extra-strong wheel hubs support low-drag wheels on which ARRMA engineers have fitted multi-terrain dBoots Exabyte tires, compound for racing, for top-level grip. An adjustable Race Spec rear spoiler helps keep the tires and buggy on the ground, contributing to confident control and responsive handling at high speeds. Downtime for maintenance is minimized with an efficient and user-friendly design. For example, a sliding aluminum bracket gives you quick and trouble-free access to your engine. The 1/8 scale TLR Tuned TYPHON 4WD Race Buggy Roller is the ultimate ARRMA buggy. For mid-level bashers interested in racing, it offers longevity and top-of-the-line tuning capabilities to give you
a good start.

Main features

• Strong composite frame braces front and rear
  • Heavy-duty composite chassis side pods
  • Rear suspension dirt guards
  • Adjustable oil-filled shocks
  • Machined tapered shock pistons
  • EXB Extreme Bash shock mounts
  • Heavy Duty transmission
  • Transmission durable steel trees
  • Tensioners galvanized
  • Servo protection spring X-Hard
  • Support easy sliding engine access aluminum black anodized
  • Support black aluminum servo
  • Race Spec high rear wing support
  • Race Spec adjustable rear spoiler • Factory finished Race Spec body colors and decals
  • dBoots® Exabyte race compound tires
  • Low-drag 1/8 buggy wheels
  • 17mm aluminum wheel hex
  • 2 year warranty (see support website for details)
Specs

• Scale: 1/8
  • Length: 515mm
  • Width: 312mm
  • Height: 189mm
  • Weight: 2.86kg
  • Wheelbase: 328mm
  • Frame: 3mm plate, 7075-T6 aluminum
  • Suspension: Independent
  • Type of shock absorber: Full oil, coil springs
  • Drive: 4 driving wheels
  • Differential: 3 speeds
  • Wheel type: 1/8 Buggy (17 mm hexagon)
  • Wheel diameter: 83 mm (3.27 in)
  • Wheel width: 42 mm (1.65 in)
  • Tire diameter: 118 mm (4.65 in)
  • Spur gear: 50T
  • Gear pitch: 1.0MOD - Internal gear ratio: 3.3
  • Deployment (tire circumference): 371 mm (14.61 in)
  • Body: Painted and adjusted, decals included.
  • Ball bearings: Rubber protected ball bearings
  • Experience level: Intermediate
  • Recommended environment: Off-road
  • Assembly is required: Yes
  • Approximate assembly time: 1-3 hours

Last edited:
A track rig 1/8 buggy for sure.
Pills all around etc. Maybe a one-off??? IDK.
Nice though. Reminds me of a Durango buggy. Maybe even better.
This confuses me.:unsure:

A track rig 1/8 buggy for sure.
Pills all around etc. Maybe a one-off??? IDK.
Nice though. Reminds me of a Durango buggy. Maybe even better.
This confuses me.:unsure:
So far a Google search brings up nothing about this.

Toemen is one of the biggest if not the biggest reseller in Europe. Normally they always receive the first batches. They are legit!
I had never heard of them in all of the years I have been in this hobby so I had no idea if they were legit or not.

But I also noticed this in the listing Dit artikel zal in voorraad zijn op 17 september 2021 or This item will be in stock on September 17, 2021.

TLR and Arrma being owned by HH may have something to do with this. May be a leaked designer stage prototype? I am sure it is tight lipped if true.
Well with the Typhon 6s being the only Arrma I want right now, this woud fit the bill perfectly for me. Hope it is a real kit.

I had never heard of them in all of the years I have been in this hobby so I had no idea if they were legit or not.

But I also noticed this in the listing Dit artikel zal in voorraad zijn op 17 september 2021 or This item will be in stock on September 17, 2021.
Mr. Toemen started a hobby shop back in 1980, his son took over a few years ago, very decent guys, you should come to the Netherlands!
Also F1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix this weekend (y)

This looks very legit but i don't get the pont (again). Losi is for racing and Arrma for bashing 🤷‍♂️

Mr. Toemen started a hobby shop back in 1980, his son took over a few years ago, very decent guys, you should come to the Netherlands!
Also F1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix this weekend (y)

This looks very legit but i don't get the pont (again). Losi is for racing and Arrma for bashing 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't know where to go, what to do and I don't speak Dutch.

Toemen in EU had so much Kraton EXB for selling and was the first in EU to have them. They even had so much that they started to sell parts took appart from brand new kits as brokers do. I did order directly from horizon hobby EU and the kraton EXB wasn't in stock there when toemen had tons of them already.

Anyway, this TLR look like the "old" Team Durango DEX8 with this anodised color.
I wouldn't know where to go, what to do and I don't speak Dutch.
Google trad is your friend 😆, i can't understand anything on toemen without the help of google trad.

Well you have google :ROFLMAO: so you'll get there

Probably something I would have to plan a few years ahead for sure though.
Toemen in EU had so much Kraton EXB for selling and was the first in EU to have them. They even had so much that they started to sell parts took appart from brand new kits as brokers do. I did order directly from horizon hobby EU and the kraton EXB wasn't in stock there when toemen had tons of them already.

Anyway, this TLR look like the "old" Team Durango DEX8 with this anodised color.

Google trad is your friend 😆, i can't understand anything on toemen without the help of google trad.
Yeah it does look a lot like the old DEX8.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call this photoshopped, I could be wrong but highly doubt it or someone could of also redid the anodizing and restickered the parts, wouldn't be to hard to do in the right hands.
I said that also as one possibility. Look closely at a TLR track buggy and this one. There are some similarities and mostly not any. Its all Arrma. Thats why I thought it was a Durango variant all dressed up and logo'ed TLR Tuned. The TLR Font should be focused on.
Then again it just may be legit??? A collaboration of TLR and Arrma (HH owned). A race Kit buggy? I cant see why HH would create competition among its owned brands though. Two very popuar brands that appeal to 2 differnt types of hobbyists. But it wouldn't be the first time a company has done this. TLR does make quality Race stuff. Not talking about any of their other mainstream RTR's for the average basher guy. There are many RC'ers that only buy RC rigs in boxed kit form. ( Not talking about Rollers)

This just might end up being Arrma's very first Track competitive "Kit". And the 6s Typhon platform would be the best platform for it. 1/8 Buggy racing is the most popular Globally IMHO. And the supposed "TLR Tuned parts" will most probably be sourced from Taiwan like most of TLR stuff.(y)
It will probably be made at the TLR facility. TLR has facilities for boxing kits. Way differnt than RTR built up production. It costs more to make RC kits than RTR's. JD stated this. More labor intensive to bag and coordinate Manuals to parts bags etc.. Quite the opposite of what many think.

Last edited:
I said that also as one possibility. Look closely at a TLR track buggy and this one. There are some similarities and mostly not any. Its all Arrma. Thats why I thought it was a Durango variant all dressed up and logo'ed TLR Tuned. The TLR Font should be focused on.
Then again it just may be legit??? A collaboration of TLR and Arrma (HH owned). A race Kit buggy? I cant see why HH would create competition among its owned brands though. But it wouldn't be the first time a company has done this. TLR does make quality Race stuff. Not talking about any of their other mainstream RTR's for the average basher guy. There are many RC'ers that only buy RC rigs in boxed kit form. ( Not talking about Rollers)
Look at the chassis view pic then look at the servo mount, definitely looks chopped.

Yes its chopped. I see it. (y)
I am using my v1 Noto/chassis here as a reference.
This appears custom modded.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back