Typhon Teamblend's Venom build- SWB truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamblend

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Sneak peak of something I'm working on. Hopefully will wrap this build up this weekend and update the build log. Each part was purchased individually. There was no donor car for this build. It's going to hurt bashing this when I'm done!!! Haha!

Scortched Parts:
CF SWB chassis
Titanium front and rear Cup drives
Titanium turnbuckles
Titanium front and rear drive shafts
Titanium shock tower standoffs
Titanium lower shock pins
Titanium rear skid plate
CF center brace

Basherqueen parts:
CF Kraton shock towers
CF top plate
CF servo mount
CF esc Plate
7075 aluminum center brace rod ends
Servo Saver ( the best!)
CF Ackerman plate

M2C parts:
Font and rear center braces
Rear shock tower brace
Front and rear suspension hinge pin kits
ZRS shock kit
5mm hex extenders

Misc parts:
MMX 8s - 1650kv
PPS motor mount
Hot racing front and rear diff housings
Mojave A arms
Kraton stub axles
Hot racing bell crank assembly
Front and rear EXB LSD diffs
Typhon center diff with silicone ear plugs
Typhon TLR shocks 100w in the front and 80 in the rear.
Robinson racing 22t pinion
Just Bash It Spiked wheel nuts
Backflip LP 4s tires
GameChanger Fans on a 3s batt
RAW 500 servo
Arrma super bash front bumper
Arrmaskinz Venom chassis sticker

Noble Pro remote

CB69E23C-3499-42B6-9DC9-81B795197A0E.jpeg
C57D1C5C-7480-42AC-9AD3-08DAC17939E3.jpeg
99928858-AAA4-49A0-93F6-97331FCCD566.jpeg

FB941837-F1FA-4257-8D47-66889E009F9F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is awful! Worst I've ever seen, please send it to me (for disposal) and start over. I'll even pay shipping:ROFLMAO:

Very nice!🍻
Thanks man. This is by far the most durable RC I have used. The Mojave A arms are perfect for a truck this size. I need to find a slightly smaller wheel I think to get better wheel speed when I jump or maybe a set that ballons a little more. I feel like it is lacking a little in the air. I wish I would have done actual build progress updates. I have a Typhon truggy build im going to start soon I can try and do better with haha.
Looks amazing! 😍
Thank you!
WOW! Dare I ask the total $ to put that beast together?

What is the total weight with batteries?

Uhhh... video please? :D

It was a very expensive build for sure. Something I could never post in fears of my wife seeing lol.

Total weight is 12.3LB with a 5000mah 6s battery. My goal was a 10lb truck and I have been thinking of cutting weight and use a 2200kv motor, remove my fans and some bracing since this chassis will never bend. But I have been so pleased and haven't had a RC I can just beat the crap out of and keep running pack after pack after pack in it all day without it getting to hot or having to go home and fix it. So I am just going to leave it as it is for now.. This thing has been a serious beast!

I do have a bunch of videos my kids and I have been recording. Should have some footage soon.

Heads up for anyone thinking of getting a Vitavon bell crank/servo saver combo. don't! They are absolute garbage. The servo saver is so weak. My truck initially could barely turn with the tires on the ground.

I switched it out to the Hotracing bell crank and Basherqueen servo saver and the steering is so strong and quick now with the far superior servo saver. Night and Day difference.

Last edited:
Thanks man. This is by far the most durable RC I have used. The Mojave A arms are perfect for a truck this size. I need to find a slightly smaller wheel I think to get better wheel speed when I jump or maybe a set that ballons a little more. I feel like it is lacking a little in the air. I wish I would have done actual build progress updates. I have a Typhon truggy build im going to start soon I can try and do better with haha.

Thank you!

It was a very expensive build for sure. Something I could never post in fears of my wife seeing lol.

Total weight is 12.3LB with a 5000mah 6s battery. My goal was a 10lb truck and I have been thinking of cutting weight and use a 2200kv motor, remove my fans and some bracing since this chassis will never bend. But I have been so pleased and haven't had a RC I can just beat the crap out of and keep running pack after pack after pack in it all day without it getting to hot or having to go home and fix it. So I am just going to leave it as it is for now.. This thing has been a serious beast!

I do have a bunch of videos my kids and I have been recording. Should have some footage soon.

Heads up for anyone thinking of getting a Vitavon bell crank/servo saver combo. don't! They are absolute garbage. The servo saver is so weak. My truck initially could barely turn with the tires on the ground.

I switched it out to the Hotracing bell crank and Basherqueen servo saver and the steering is so strong and quick now with the far superior servo saver. Night and Day difference.

Thank you!

All I can say is WOW! Almost a shame to get any dirt on it 🤪

How did I miss this lil beauty.
SUPER COOL!! 🤙
Thanks!! It's gone through a couple rebuilds..

Venoms final and extensive rebuild...

I swapped the castle system out for a Max 6 and 4274 2200kv Hobbywing motor, M2C towers and Kraton shocks, CRCU brace, Kraton arms, Vitavon bulkheads, and a new custom painted body.

The original setup was just way to overpowered and I wasn't happy with its performance. This new setup can run pack after pack and keep bashing. It drives and handles awesome now and is the true definition of a Tank!

3BD1AEF2-CBB7-4AD3-BBB8-8D7FC338C613.jpeg

9139717C-DB93-4D64-ABAE-9C0A515E001D.jpeg

81F33D2F-DEA1-4077-8F26-0CC82ADF9B68.jpeg

21F0A311-666C-4F6A-AE12-6B51788E90AC.jpeg

6DAD035B-D416-4EE1-9D2B-89DFC470638C.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back