Big Rock TEAR DOWN and INSPECTION TIME!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLXgrassKILLER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
I've been told a million times over that I'm as OCD as it gets. But hey, perfection comes two ways....LUCK "Definitely don't have!" or PRECISION. So it's time to see where my BRCC stands after about 8 hours of running time. I'll make some adjustments and my truck should be what I wanted it to be over a year ago. Oh yeah...about two months ago I noticed the truck was randomly spinning out during speed runs right around 3/4 throttle then the final pull to full throttle. It was literally driving me nuts until I found damage to the input shaft of my CVD. Check it out in the pics! Before I'm asked, I've thankfully never crashed my truck to cause something like this. Must have been a weak part getting a lot of torque.

Since I started this thread, I realized I've never really seen many people post about tear down inspections. CHAT UP YOUR BEST FINDS I GUESS?

20210728_212040.jpg

16275247658236732233832297460915.jpg

16275253574775362597035526626134.jpg

Believe it or not, I look forward to that 20 packs to break it all down fully as well to see what's what....

Best of luck!

Believe it or not, I look forward to that 20 packs to break it all down fully as well to see what's what....

Best of luck!
As much of a time consuming thing it is, it's definitely the one sure way to learn the vehicle in and out. Thank you and I hope your tear down turns over positive things.

I haven't felt the need for a tear down inspection. Once I have to open something up, I just check bearings, screws, etc. while I'm in there. For me, adjustments and breaks happen often enough that everything ends up getting inspected regularly.

any updates?
So, I stayed up until 3:00 am this past Saturday morning trying to finish putting everything back together. In a rush that morning after a couple hours of sleep, I powered the rig up and literally had no response from anything and a flashing red LED on the ESC. Freaking out I tried a quick re-bind and had no success. Since I was in a rush to get out of the house and get the kids. I had no choice but to abandon running this past weekend. I did find my issue when I got home that night. Plugged the throttle and steering connectors in backwards on the receiver. I could literal smack myself for that one. Outside of that, I didn't find anything broken. But I've always know the wheel wobble on two tires of the rig have TOO MUCH wobble. As I'm writing this response, I'm literally building something to check is the HR extensions are TRUE as well as ballance the wheels. I change out the HR diff outdrives with a new set thinking that could be a partial part of the problem. But of course that wasn't it either. I will be sure to update any finding and if my wheel balancing is successful.
Here's where I'm at now. Once I get the wheel wobble straight, this puppy should be PERFECT!!! Yes.....I knocked on wood the entire time I wrote that.

Attachments

• 16279591562485882338250136329288.jpg
    16279591562485882338250136329288.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
That's another reason I don't overcheck when there's not a problem. You can end up causing more problems. Stripping screws, losing small parts, putting things back together wrong because you did it a 3 a.m. ;) etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back