Senton Tear down, ready to clean.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Senton is ready for a nice bath. The diffs are ready for re-oiling then re-greasing. I'm getting a new screw set because my bottom screws on my front shocks are bent wacky. I'm putting a chassis brace underneath the chassis so I have a less chance of snapping it. I'm planning on getting some sort of mud guards so I don't get dirt/mud/grass in the electronics and chassis. Junk is always getting caught in my fans and stopping them, so i'm going to get some sorta mesh and put it over the fans.

Ready For a Bath.JPG

Diffs, shafts, and shocks.JPG

Chassis Brace.JPG

Shock Screw.JPG

Senton Motor, ESC, Servo, Bat. Strap.JPG

I
Senton is ready for a nice bath. The diffs are ready for re-oiling then re-greasing. I'm getting a new screw set because my bottom screws on my front shocks are bent wacky. I'm putting a chassis brace underneath the chassis so I have a less chance of snapping it. I'm planning on getting some sort of mud guards so I don't get dirt/mud/grass in the electronics and chassis. Junk is always getting caught in my fans and stopping them, so i'm going to get some sorta mesh and put it over the fans.

View attachment 114048

View attachment 114049

View attachment 114051

View attachment 114052

View attachment 114053
I am toooo lazy to do that! :rolleyes:

I

Your car will last longer if you take care of it. And I took the motor out cause it was jamed full of dirt and i figured I might as well clean the whole thing while i'm at it.
I

aaaand I have to wait for my bearing set to show up because my slipper clutch bearing exploded. So i'm cleaning it while im waiting. :)

Your car will last longer if you take care of it. And I took the motor out cause it was jamed full of dirt and i figured I might as well clean the whole thing while i'm at it.

aaaand I have to wait for my bearing set to show up because my slipper clutch bearing exploded. So i'm cleaning it while im waiting. :)
When not in use I clean as well. I just don't take out the diffs. I take the motor, ESC suspension components out when I clean. I use a really hard paintbrush. Then I use WD-40 to shine her all up!

Hmm, I am thinking of doing this too. I have a Senton 4X4 Mega, stock electronics, and the body seems to be the same as yours. Any tips?

Hmm, I am thinking of doing this too. I have a Senton 4X4 Mega, stock electronics, and the body seems to be the same as yours. Any tips?
The body, or the chassis, with the chassis i'm planning on putting it in a big bucket of warm water and dish soap and scrubing it down and like Exc31 said spray it with WD-40 to shine it up after it drys. With the body 'im gonna clean it real good then duct tape the cracks better and maybe reinforce it somehow. My cousin keeps wet wipes in his rc bag so when ever he goes somewhere he can still clean it if need be.
Senton body.jpg

So I broke the aluminum tube thingy beneath the barrel of a bb gun off, and used it as a tower brace. Just drilled some holes and used nails as pegs. It still has the "camo" paint on it. Hope it'll make my chassis last longer. And it is'nt pushing on the body mounts, pushing on the diff housing, which should hold up because it has 3 long screws in it. Still haven't gotten to washing the chassis yet. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back