Kraton Technical stuffs/ Reciever battery too much for protek 170?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejwk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I just bought this 7.4v battery for my receiver to help the power consumption of my power hungry servo. But plugging it in my receiver is showing that fully charged its at about 8.2v. My servo is rated for 7.4 volts, is that gonna blow it? I'm afraid to use it haha.

20210402_164458.jpg

You might want to ask the question accordingly, you won't get much response on that headline.
Put your servo into the title. I can't even make out what you have. I guess it's a Protek 170.

You could install a castle creations bec in between battery and receiver, To step down the voltage. I’ll over volt a cheap China servo after I’ve decided it doesn’t owe me anything haha. But not a new fancy one.

I didn't think that would really matter as long as you knew it was a 7.4v servo. But yes it is a protek 170.
You might want to ask the question accordingly, you won't get much response on that headline.
Put your servo into the title. I can't even make out what you have. I guess it's a Protek 170.
You could install a castle creations bec in between battery and receiver, To step down the voltage. I’ll over volt a cheap China servo after I’ve decided it doesn’t owe me anything haha. But not a new fancy one.
Well it's not new. But I would rather not destroy it haha. Yea I looked at the voltage regulators. I think I need one anyways to have an extension so I don't have to open up the receiver box everytime.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back