Tekin 2000kv or 2250kv for truggy racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi Guys,

What is the difference between the tekin 2000kv and 2250kv motors and which motor is better suited for truggy racing?

After I backordered the 2250 combo I saw in the tekin instagram account they recommend to use 2000kv motor for racing.

2000kv -vs- 2250kv is 250 rpm per volt more

kv = rpm per volt
And as gotnotro said 250 is not a huge difference
I don’t race so I can’t recommend anything sry. But I love my 2050kv on my typhon 6s and my 1650kv on my kraton 6s exb
And welcome to the forum

I'd suggest the lower 2000kv as with racing your on and off the throttle a lot so temps go up quick. The 2000kv is just a hair less so really not going to make a huge difference speed wise and as said above nothing a pinion change won't fix but it should run a little bit cooler. Now I'm assuming it will be ran on 4s as I'd guess 6s is a bit much for a track but I don't have experience racing so not sure the rules or guidelines. IMO I'd go with the 2000kv just for temps and life of the motor running cooler.

LOL @ Instagram.. How does Instagram know what type of tracks, ambient temps ETC?.. 250KV is nothing a pinion tooth or 2 cant take care of. What make are you racing out of curiosity?
Yeah I thought changing pinion would fix that but would the lower kv motor have better torque?
I'll be racing with Talion.
2000kv -vs- 2250kv is 250 rpm per volt more

kv = rpm per volt
And as gotnotro said 250 is not a huge difference
I don’t race so I can’t recommend anything sry. But I love my 2050kv on my typhon 6s and my 1650kv on my kraton 6s exb
And welcome to the forum
You must have a lot of torque on the Kraton.
I'd suggest the lower 2000kv as with racing your on and off the throttle a lot so temps go up quick. The 2000kv is just a hair less so really not going to make a huge difference speed wise and as said above nothing a pinion change won't fix but it should run a little bit cooler. Now I'm assuming it will be ran on 4s as I'd guess 6s is a bit much for a track but I don't have experience racing so not sure the rules or guidelines. IMO I'd go with the 2000kv just for temps and life of the motor running cooler.
Yes I'll be running 4s on the track. Yes I'm mainly after the torque and speeding away from turns so the 2000kv makes sense.

For truggy racing both can be used, however the 2000kv will be better suited on a tighter technical track as opposed to a large track large straights and sweepers. Both motors can compete with each other on any track if you have the respective rig ESC tuned and dailed, motor timed etc., good driver input. (experience) Sensored is what we are talking about and running 4s.(track) 2250kv on 4s is a decent match if racing on a fast track. They are very close in Kv.

You must have a lot of torque on the Kraton.
Lol ya that's like I run a 4585 1580kv in my Kraton and it's an absolute beast! Even with the lower kv 15t pinion is more than enough for great speed and air control. What's crazy to me also is I run the stock blx 4074 2050kv in my Noto on 15t and its not much different in speed and air control then the almost 500kv less motor in the Kraton. But yes the 1650kv or lower motors are absolute torque monsters!

Lol ya that's like I run a 4585 1580kv in my Kraton and it's an absolute beast! Even with the lower kv 15t pinion is more than enough for great speed and air control. What's crazy to me also is I run the stock blx 4074 2050kv in my Noto on 15t and its not much different in speed and air control then the almost 500kv less motor in the Kraton. But yes the 1650kv or lower motors are absolute torque monsters!
Haha nice. Yeah I'm going to swap the motor if I can as it still in backorder.

@arrmaracing, You mentioned you were using this for Truggy racing. You will be running 4s...
Just making sure I understood your objective.:cool:

@arrmaracing, You mentioned you were using this for Truggy racing. You will be running 4s...
Just making sure I understood your objective.:cool:
Yep it's more of a casual bash race so i could use 6s but 4s is a better option for the track. It would also be great to set up the truggy for club racing too.

Any kind of formal racing will limit you to 4s. A rule. I approached my response to this thread based on a 4s configuration. Thats why I felt the motor choices were ok. For 6s the Kv's are just too high for off road bashing. IMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back