Kraton Tekin Gen3 combo (2650kv)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy2envy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Would the kraton be able to handle this? Screenshot_20180107-221023.jpg

I run the 2000kv and the 1900kv, also castle 2200. I personally think you would be happier with a lower kv motor. Also notice that Tekin recommends only 4s. I do run 6s, but still not recommended. They are awesome smooth setups and no other ESC in the 1/8 scale has near the 300 wats of power the Gen3 claims, that I know of. Just got a Poseidon 2200kv that I'm eager to try. It rates to 7s, even though I don't have an esc that will handle 7s. Good luck with your choice, the Tekin is top notch stuff.

I meant 300 amps of power
From Tekin site below for gen3

Max Current: 300amps per phase*
Burst Current: 1000amps per phase*
BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v @ 8amps

So is going lower kv with bigger pinion nicer. My v3 won't wheelie and I want that command sometimes. What's the balance between launching and wheelies. I've already changed my diff oils and its helped with the front blooning and feels better to, but still no wheelies...

It should wheelie out of the box. Lower kv equals more torque, but lower top end. I tried a 1450kv motor on a Nero and didn't care for it. Have castle 2200kv in a Losi LST XXL2-E AND it is bigger than the Kraton and wheelies just fine. You can tune with pinions, but my choice would be the 2000kv or 2200kv depending on how you prefer to power. For torque or top end. If I chose the 2200kv I might consider the Castle or Poseidon or anything else that rates 6s or higher if warranty is important.

I ran the 14 in the outcast and 17 in the Nero. The Kraton should be able to go 16 to 19 on 6s and be in the range you want. Also depending on the motor it can vary if you are doing specific things. Speed runs or bashing. I didn't have temp problems with any of the pinions I've run, 12 to 21.

There are much more knowledgeable people on this site than myself. Most are glad to help and some run multiple sites outside of here. PM or ask Woodie or Rich Duperbash, Stewdogg, Phildogg are just a few that have a wealth of knowledge.

Ok. Yea it's got the power, it just likes to burn rubber instead of planting the power lol

Tekin IMHO is the best and most reliable set up out there. I use to run them in the past. Stays cool and never had an issue in the 4 years I owned it. Probably what I will go to when motor or esc go out in my kraton. But go with a Tekin truggy motor they're more equipped to handle Kraton. If you go on their site you'll see they sell truggies and buggy motors with different KV.

I just picked up a used t8 4038 1700kv motor for 65 shipped. Supposedly barely used. Going to put my viper vtx8 esc in it.

The T8s are the smoothest motors I've used. Less prone to cog. You'l love it. 1700kv should have loafs of torque. That's a good price. I bought a Gen 3 RX8 new from Tower and a new T8 2000kv on eBay. Smoked them installing. Sent both in and the ESC was beyond repair and the motor was examined and found to be fine. They replaced the ESC for $100 with a nib one. And examined the motor free. Had it there and back in 10 days. Great equipment and great service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back