Senton Tekin Motor and ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Super newbie question, so bear with me; Is this Tekin stuff any good? Thinking of getting the 3500kV - 3S LiPo and matching ESC for my Senton 3s, just to check it out and see if there is a big differences between the factory unit.

s

Super newbie question, so bear with me; Is this Tekin stuff any good? Thinking of getting the 3500kV - 3S LiPo and matching ESC for my Senton 3s, just to check it out and see if there is a big differences between the factory unit.

s
Is it waterproof?

Tekin, Hobbywing, Mclan, Castle. Pick your flavor and others. They all offer something high end to low end. Tekin is overpriced in my opinion. More for the racer crowd with their spec. class esc's. But cant knock Tekin in any way.
Curious why you are focused on Tekin for your application. Do you have a specific Tekin ESC and motor in mind?? Castle Sidewinder 4 is a nice match for 3S also. And many others. What are the specs of your current esc and motor? With that in hand, decide where you want to go torque and speed wise. (and wallet wise). Its very easy to spend more than necessary and end up with no real improvement. Be careful. But do experiment. That's what RC is all about. I was more of a Tekin guy when I raced 20+ years ago. They went belly up. One of the old employees bought the Tekin name and years later created Tekin again. The name Tekin was worth more than the company was worth. It was a good name in RC ESC's. Tekin was the high end stuff years back. All pros used them to race. Novak was second. Novak folded years back as Tekin started up for the second time as a newly owned startup from scratch. But Tekin is not the Old Tekin company that older racers knew. It might as well be a different name. And Tech is way diff. also. A plus for all ESC companies.
A lot of the Tekin Race spec stuff is not waterproof. Double check. WP is advisable for bashing. RX4 may be a bet.
For SC, 4x4, 3800kv at 3S is about right.

Last edited:
I'm looking to experiment with of course, more powerful motor to see the differences, and I figure I might as well get the matching ESC from the same company. I will check into the waterproof aspect once I pin down the motor(s) and ESC I want.

I drive my truck for performance, not bashing. I don't launch off jumps, but prefer ripping around local open areas. I just want a very high quality unit.

s

Castle is good stuff.
If you can work around a 5v 2amp Bec the SW4 SCT w fan/3800kv combo? They sellout quick. Try to find them.
I still have that motor but I thought the ESC was garbage.

I just searched for one of these as a replacement on my 4s, looking for the SCT sensored system 2400KV with 5mm shaft, not available anywhere. I love the Castle tuning software, tons of small adjustments. I miss being able to tune the throttle and brake curves on my MMX I had in the 6s truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back