Tekin Rx8 and kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Years ago when I was into SCT's and it seemed as though Tekin RX8's were the premium ESC to have. I have an incoming Kraton and I'm trying to decide what to put in it. I've got a Losi SCT that I don't drive much anymore and it has a Tekin RX8 that I could repurpose for the Kraton. I wanted to know why there isn't much love for Tekins here....

Years ago when I was into SCT's and it seemed as though Tekin RX8's were the premium ESC to have. I have an incoming Kraton and I'm trying to decide what to put in it. I've got a Losi SCT that I don't drive much anymore and it has a Tekin RX8 that I could repurpose for the Kraton. I wanted to know why there isn't much love for Tekins here....
Tekin is a far cry from what it once was. the Tekins of today have nothing to do with what Kevin started many years ago. I'm not going to bash Tekin but for your money? There are several far more viable choices available today that have the brand name and customer support that one would expect when making a purchase in the hundreds of dollars. If you wish to know more about the Tekin back story. Do a little digging online and all will be revealed. GL bro.
Tekin is a far cry from what it once was. the Tekins of today have nothing to do with what Kevin started many years ago. I'm not going to bash Tekin but for your money? There are several far more viable choices available today that have the brand name and customer support that one would expect when making a purchase in the hundreds of dollars. If you wish to know more about the Tekin back story. Do a little digging online and all will be revealed. GL bro.
I'd also like to add that my experience with Tekin products, go back a LONG time ago, and the new Tekin is not the same one I dealt with. I have just moved onto other brands is all.

Last edited:
I believe it’s not waterproof to start, second there Really designed for 3S-4S racing not bashing MT’s on 6S. Hobbywing & Castle are the dominant ESC used for bashing. A lot of people run the factory Spektrum setup that’s plenty fast and can pick one up for $120-$140 just watch on this forum.

thanks. TBH I have an incoming 6S BLX and was planning on switching out the stock ESC/motor. I'll probably go HW Max6/1650 but just exploring my options...

I put that same combo in my EXB and ended up taking it out and putting it in my Infraction (see my build thread) I ended up with the MMX8S with castle 2200kv motor in my EXB this combo is crazy fast!

EB4B3538-C69B-4A66-96FD-10DD66F5A659.jpeg

F1CC0BD4-0DE3-453A-8187-7A887C32257F.jpeg

thanks. TBH I have an incoming 6S BLX and was planning on switching out the stock ESC/motor. I'll probably go HW Max6/1650 but just exploring my options...
The Castle MMX 8s with the Castle 1717 1650kv motor is an awesome setup: I have one in my Kraton 6s. It's a beast: I can do standing 360 degree backflips on grass, and the top speed is insane.

Kraton motor and ESC.jpg

I have the Hobbywing max6 1650kv combo in my kraton exb and it’s perfect for bashing in my opinion, castle is great too, I have the xlx2 in my limitless nd it’s a great esc. I do think Hobbywing is a bit better for bashing in my opinion. Also you may want to enjoy the factory esc and motor for a while it’s not to shabby either, for ”stock” I’d consider having a back up servo on hand for it like an Amazon special 35kg servo. I run that one and it works great. If you do replace the servo remember your stock servo is a 23tooth spline, and lots of aftermarket are 25tooth and you will need an adapter like this

346FB370-5005-41D7-8A2B-3007C087F452.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back