Kraton Tekin RX8 gen1 any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Tekin RX8 gen 1 ESC's? A friend at work has one brand new in box that he is offering me. He hasn't given me a price yet and I am just wondering if it's a good ESC to have as a backup? I have the Infraction and Kraton EXB so I need at least one ESC and it never hurts to have a spare. I don't even know if that ESC will work with the two motors I am looking at. One is the 2050kv original in the Infraction and for the Kraton I was looking at the Hobby Wing 1650kv. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if this is the exact one, but the manual shows no motor limit through 6s. I know Gen 3 has published motor limits now.
If my memory serves me right Tekin had fire issues with the Gen 1 ESC's. Don't quote me. Research more on this.
If the Price is right, it could be a good backup. It does sensored and Non sensored motors. 🤷‍♂️ Even brushed motors!
I couldn't see paying much for the Gen1 . Gen 3 is out and it has been updated considerably. Built in BT programming app etc.
I personally stay away from Tekin as a brand. The Track guys like them for tunability I think.
It could be a good deal for you in any event. Have you seen it working at all?

http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/esc/tekin-rx8-esc-manual.pdf

Thank you very much. I will say i think you hit the nail on the head mentioning track guys as that is what my buddy was into. I have just started looking into the ESC but i know there is a wealth of info here from people such as yourself so it seemed like a good starting place.

Thanks for the feed back gents, greatly appreciated. Im gonna wait to see what he wants for it. Good to know its not waterproof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back